Muslims Are the Only Happy People?

al-muslimah

:salam2:

It has been a while since I logged on here. I miss the place a lot as I also miss the discussions that are held here. :)

Anyway, today I attended a lecture talking about happiness and Islam. The lecture is summarized as follows. Islam brings happiness to ones life and whoever is not Muslim has a hard life full of disappointment and sadness. She also adds that even though they were happy for some time, their happiness is temporary.

I'm not sure if this is true though. There are some non-believers who have happy lives and on the other hand we see some Muslims who are going through hard times, and vice versa. So it's not necessarily a rule. I think God Judges us as humans by our deeds. As much as we would work for something, He would give us. Probably the lecturer got too emotional trying to show that Islam is the solution for everything (which it is..please don't get me wrong..but you know what I mean). I feel when we Muslims talk about this subject we get emotional thinking from our hearts and not from our brains.

This gets debatable when talking to non Muslims about this issue. They would response that how would we know that they are unhappy and that they actually have the happiest lives ever. We would sound uneducated and illogical at this point.

Well..I'm still confused here. Every Muslim I meet says the same thing, while there are many non Muslims enjoy their lives. I really want to know your views on this. What do you think? How would you talk to a non Muslim about this?

Thank you.

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

Allah test those He loves ,so I truly believe that the stronger ones Imaan is, the harder the test is.BUt Allah test us according to what we can handle.

Muslims are not the happiest people on Earth but IN sha Allah Muslims will be happiest people in Hereafter.

This world is a prison for believers and Paradise for disbelievers.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

islamdonlyway

As salamu 'alaikum

Allah test those He loves ,so I truly believe that the stronger ones Imaan is, the harder the test is.BUt Allah test us according to what we can handle.

Muslims are not the happiest people on Earth but IN sha Allah Muslims will be happiest people in Hereafter.

This world is a prison for believers and Paradise for disbelievers.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

:wasalam: the thing i dont get is, when scholers say 'islam is hapiness' 'ul have a good life if you follow islam' etc, but then again the belivers apparently will go through trials and hard times in life?, and its a prison this life for the belivers, but then we ask allah in the dua to give us the best in this life and the hearafter, so if allah does give us good in this life then were does the phrase of ' this life a prison for belivers' stand? im confused.

asalaf salih

is IT real

about happiness! as i know you got tow kinds intern and the extern happiness. Extern that' s the nonbelievers-happiness is always depending of materials.
Intern that' s the believers- happiness is also always depending of the good faith in Allah. And that' s what the non believers don' t have.
Materials could make you look happy even if you re not.

arzafar

i think if one reaches the highest state of emaan then he can never be sad because in a hadith it says that. It specifically refers to the belief in the divine decree – the good and the bad thereof.

The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"Strange is the affair of the mu'min (the believer). Verily, all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the mu'min."

there is also a hadith which says that in the last days people will reject divine decree. Perhaps that is the cause of misery for most muslims but i also think it's because many muslims are chasing worldly things.

MalikBrother

It's simple. Muslim who are so close to Allah (SWT) will be the most happy in the world. Why? Look at the suicide rate which is related to depression....etc, and we, Muslim people still have peace inside, peace of mind, and as we continue to pray and ask Allah (SWT) to clear the corrupt of our mind, and our heart, only to make us better Muslim and human being. You would not believe the height of depression rate in North America, and no peace....nothing at all. They may look happy, but inside, they are shattered. I am glad I am following the truth, and i try to pray five times everyday, and praying Fajar is always bring refreshing and peace mindset in our mind in the early morning, and the day gets better and better. May Allah (SWT) guides us to the right direction, and protect us from the Jinn, Ameen!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

what does really meant by Happiness?
try to ponder upon that definition, insha Allah everyone will find that we Muslims are the most happiest, ah, I think without any doubt.

may be our pride is lost, we are being humiliated, that doesn't mean that we are not happy.

we have declared everything, do we thing that once we are Muslim, bas, khalas, we dont have to do anything and peace is the must to be attained?

Surah Ankabut, Ch29:2:-Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

Surah Bakara, ch2:155 :-Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

as sister Revert2007 said: This world is a prison for believers and Paradise for disbelievers. this is true, I forgot, pardon me, but as far as I remember it must be Hadeeth or a scholarly saying.

what we need to do, is to get back to Quran and Sunnah. as we are away from our scriptures, Allah subhanahu wa tala has taken away our pride. but Insha Allah we'll be able to regain our pride.

may Allah help us to gain our pride back
may Allah help us to dothings for his happiness

wa-llahu ta'la alim
wassalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
:wasalam: the thing i dont get is, when scholers say 'islam is hapiness' 'ul have a good life if you follow islam' etc, but then again the belivers apparently will go through trials and hard times in life?, and its a prison this life for the belivers, but then we ask allah in the dua to give us the best in this life and the hearafter, so if allah does give us good in this life then were does the phrase of ' this life a prison for belivers' stand? im confused.

As salamu 'alaikum
What kind of happiness are we talking here?Is it the material happiness or spiritual happiness?

How do you define happiness?

1. Do you say you are happy when you have big house,big car,beautiful wife,billion of dollars in your bank account or
  2. do you say you are happy because Allah gives you more days to worship Him so that you may increase your rewards in order for you to settle in the highest level of Jannah?plus Allah let your grow in His light and gives you what is sufficient for you to survive in dunya.
As Muslims, we should see the whole thing (happiness)from different perspective and not from the normal perspective being spoken by western culture or media.

Now lets talk about being tested. How do you know how strong is your imaan without being tested? Even in school we go through exams to know the level of our knowledge. Here in order to know the level of our imaan is through Allah's test.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, entering Jannah is not an easy thing what more entering Firdaus.

When we compare our hardships with those before us(during the prophets time) our hardship is just nothing.

Alhamdulilah Allah test us according to what we can handle.

"This life is a prison for believers" because we live according to Allah's rules and not our rules or satan's rules. There are many things we cannot do even though everything is very tempting.We sacrifice many things for the sake of Allah so that in Jannah Allah may compensate us with great rewards in sha Allah.

Non believers will get whatever they wish for in dunya but in herefafter they will get nothing except hell fire.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam!

When I have nobody to talk to, or feel alone, or depressed, I pray, this is 'peace' and 'happiness' for me..

When it comes to trials, if someone says it's a test from Allah, I get happy that Allah even thinks about me! ALHamdulillah!!

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
As-salamu alaykum

Whoever does not follow the truth, will have a life of hardship:

"...Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.
"But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Quran nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection." (Ta-Ha 20: 123-124)

You have a goal in your life.
You know that our suffering, problems, trials are a test for us.
You bear them by patience and gratitude (you always say alhamdulilah).
That needs a strong Emaan (belief) from each one of us.
Needs a strong determination, and Allah if He wants, will give us always the solution.
The difference between us and non believers, is that:
We know our path, what we have to do, what we are going through, and our final station.
They don't kow it, and try to get themselves busy with wordly matters, wordly beauties.
We can have wordly beauties too, or to have some materials things, but we always know that his is not our GOAL, this is temporary.

As for their enjoyment:

Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you. A brief enjoyment; then, their ultimate abode is Hell; and worst indeed is that place for rest. (Ali Imran 3: 196-197)

And we know what this world is for us... the reality of this world is:

Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment. (Al Hadid 57: 20)

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

If you feel close to God, you will be happy and literally be able to take on any test. And I believe Islam is the best way to become or feel closest to Allah(swt).