Muslims as portrayed by Bollywood

ayazmcse

You can not call a person a Muslim if his/her name is just like muslims. Bollywood actors (which u have mentioned Muslims) are not muslims. their names are just like Muslims.
Allah Hafiz

salam my brothers and sisters

bollywood is nothing but a hollywood wanna bee oh yeah by the way i feel bad for the muslim actors in it they look bad by the way if my omment doesnt match the video it is cuz i cant watch it for some reason can u help me

ma salama

MOSABJA

BOLLYWOOD

Bollywood's anti Islamic stance is mainly due to Kashmir cause and the creation of Pakistan which was a part of India and separated on ideological basis.
THERE is a strong campaign going on in Pakistan to ban these movies .Specially in Northern province of Pakistan any person caught watching or selling these movies is FINED AND HIS HAIR AND EYE BROWS ARE SHAVED.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamu' alaikum

It's really disgraceful to watch bollywood movies which portrays on Islam (mostly). There's one movie called 'Fanaa', they have this song i think tittled as "SubhanAllah". The movie is not even presenting the character as a religious person. The character(Muslim character) did not even act like how a Muslim should be. Its just so disrespectful. Astaghfirullah.

May Allah (s.w.t) guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

Wasalam.

<Nazihah>

abrother4truth

Brother and sisters As Salaamu Alykum

Having said that, it speaks volumes of Hindu resentment for Muslims especially the script writer. Qur'an tells us emphatically that the unbelievers will not stop their persecution of Muslims, not until Muslims believe like they do.:astag:

Boycotting movies is a excellent idea but will really only impact on their finances if done by the entire Muslim Ummah as a whole. The loss to Bollyhood can be best spent on Islamic Da'wah to the Hindus, as muslims we owe it to them. Just think that on al youmui deen when they are questioned, they will answer that the Muslims did not invite them to Deenul Islam.

Why do you believe that "unbelievers" persecute you?
Is it not true that you are allowed to practice your religion freely in India.
Is it not true that you are allowed to hold jobs and government jobs freely in India?
Is it not true that there is a separate penal code based on Sharia for muslim communities in India?

So where is the persecution?

Did you know that Hindu temples are being destroyed in Malaysia?
Did you know that the Christian Bible is not allowed in Saudi Arabia?

Who are the real persecuters? Even though you cry persecution all the time the fact is that the real persecution is in Islamic (religious ruled) countries.

Why can't you simply live in peace with your Christian, Hindu, Jewish, and Atheist brothers?? Why do you wish to make the world believe what you believe? Can you not live in peace if your Hindu and Christian brothers and sisters in India do NOT want your "Dawah"??

abrother4truth

Bollywood's anti Islamic stance is mainly due to Kashmir cause and the creation of Pakistan which was a part of India and separated on ideological basis.
THERE is a strong campaign going on in Pakistan to ban these movies .Specially in Northern province of Pakistan any person caught watching or selling these movies is FINED AND HIS HAIR AND EYE BROWS ARE SHAVED.

So this is a good response?? This is justice?? What happened to freedom? Why does it bother you that someone wants to watch a Bollywood film? What are you afraid of?

abrother4truth

You can not call a person a Muslim if his/her name is just like muslims. Bollywood actors (which u have mentioned Muslims) are not muslims. their names are just like Muslims.
Allah Hafiz

Very sad my friend. Anyone who does not think like you is automatically NOT a muslim? Who gave you the right to determine what a persons beliefs are and whether they are true to their faith or not? Do you know these people personally?

You are very sad... may you one day find peace in your heart instead of the hatred you have against people who do not think like you.

abrother4truth

It's really disgraceful to watch bollywood movies which portrays on Islam (mostly). There's one movie called 'Fanaa', they have this song i think tittled as "SubhanAllah". The movie is not even presenting the character as a religious person. The character(Muslim character) did not even act like how a Muslim should be. Its just so disrespectful. Astaghfirullah.

May Allah (s.w.t) guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

Wasalam.

<Nazihah>

How many Islamic movies portray ANY non Muslim in any good light? The point of these bollywood movies is entertainment... NOT religious instruction. They are painting Muslims, Hindus, Christians, EVERYONE as peace loving. Why does that bother you? How is it against Islam if the movie does not portray the religious side of the character?? He is a human character first not a religious one.

abrother4truth

O boy, I know I'll catch heat for this but here goes, THAT VIDEO IS AN EXAGGERATION.

As for the woman, being a Muslim and also using a Cross that's Bollywood for You, you find similar stupidity concerning portrayal of Hindus. There are no doubt some movies with this kind of thing but on the most part that video is basically Just showing a bad portrayal of Muslims by taking short clips of movies out, I'll give you an example. The woman in the Hijab about to shoot that other woman, it probably was for a good reason and if you noticed a man being portrayed as a Muslim stopped her saying "What are you doing?" in Hindi.

No doubt, Bollywood is some real stupidity and it's better off done with but I'm just telling you from an unbiased stand point, I myself used to watch these movies, that this is just such an exaggeration. I can tell u right now there are so many Movies where Muslims are shown as a devout, but at the same time peaceful people...

:salam2:

Thank you for at least telling the truth. If it were my words no one here would believe me.
The fact is that 99% of Bollywood movies show Muslims to be good people. The movie clip that this person pasted was about politicians who were trying to fool the public into religious hatred.
The point of this movie was to STOP religious hatred and killing. The person who started this thread obviously has an agenda and is trying to spread mistruth... I hope you will be wise enough to use your own heads and think before reacting and believing.

peace

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Very sad my friend. Anyone who does not think like you is automatically NOT a muslim? Who gave you the right to determine what a persons beliefs are and whether they are true to their faith or not? Do you know these people personally?

Do you know a definition of a muslim?

abrother4truth

Okay, first of all: if this is what India calls entertainment ... wow, what garbage. I almost wonder if I'll ever be able to watch ANY movies again now that I'm a Muslim.

Secondly, where does the hate come from? Perhaps there WERE some misguided Muslims that did execute judgement in the past? Hate only begets hate, killing only begets more killing. "Peace be with you" is the first and last thing to come out of a Muslim's mouth when speaking, generally.

Coming from Christianity, I fully understand that there are good believers and then there are misguided believers - of every faith. I can accept that there may have been killing in the past. What I can't accept is that India's entertainment industry is wallowing in that hatred, and by doing so they inflict torment on themselves and onto others (Muslims, in this case).

May Allah open their eyes to LIFE, as well as the truth about the hereafter. Wow, just wow... This sort of "entertainment"/thoughts get noone anywhere; What positive growth can come of this? Ever heard of forgiveness? Ever heard of being brothers and sisters in humanity? Gah ...

I want to learn more about the history and the reasons for the hatred, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch much more of these Islamophobia videos just yet. They break my heart... Would someone please give me a brief, and fair history of the Pakistan/India conflict? I know Pakistan/Muslims are partly to blame as well as India/Hindus, but beyond that I know nothing.

Thank you Ahmed for being open to peace. I hope that many of your brothers and sisters will open up and have the same type of mentality as you.

You said you wanted to know the history of why Hindus have a hatred for muslims... first of all Hindus do not hate muslims. Hinduism teaches that all religions are the path to God.... just like many books may teach Algebra in a different way yet all of them lead to the same knowledge.

The hate is not for Muslims in General but for the Islamist movement. The problem began when India was invaded hundreds of years ago. India was a very prominent and thriving subcontinent for thousands of years. Islam was spread throughout India by force and destructions. Many millions of Hindus were murdered. That is a sad and unfortunate fact.

Despite this, most Hindus do not hate Muslims. There have been many tragedies over the years... many involving Hindus killing Muslims and vice versa, but these are largely due to some politicians trying to keep their popularity by inciting hate.

That is what the movie (from which the above clip was obtained) is about.

The problem unfortunately has many angles because there are many hard line muslims in India who want to see India become a muslim state once again, and they want to subjigate the Hindus. There have been terrorist bombings of temples, machine gun killings of people going to or coming from Hindu pilgramage, etc.

Despite this, the fact remains that Muslims (along with Christians, buddhists, etc) in India are still allowed to practice their religion freely. They are also allowed to hold all levels of jobs (in fact the last president of India was a Muslim). Hindus do not see religion first unless the person is pushing the religion in their face.

Muslims are even allowed a separate penal code in some communities where Sharia law is enforced for muslims.

Hindus do not want anything other than what most Muslims want, and that is peace and prosperity. Unfortunately there are people who are trying to spread hate and intolerance (like the person who started this topic by posting the video and misleading everyone to believe that Bollywood is anti muslim).

peace 2 u

abrother4truth

Do you know a definition of a muslim?

It does not matter if I know the definition... I am not accusing someone's faith. The last guy said the MUSLIMS were not "true" muslims because they did not follow Islam like he did.

He has no right to questions someone's personal beliefs/religion or lack thereof. If Salman Khan (a bollywood actor) says he is a muslim then why does that bother you? Maybe his relationship with Islam is different than yours but who gave you the right to question that?

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
It does not matter if I know the definition...
It matters. Why to stay ignorant?Why don't you take your time while you are here and learn about Islam and what means to be a muslim?

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^
salam,

i suggest abrother4truth if want to know about Islam, please don't take islam from anywhere, you can search in the Qur'an, from there people get knowledge about Islam and what muslims believe about christians and jewish, and what muslims should do or should not ;)

wassalam

abrother4truth

salam,

i suggest abrother4truth if want to know about the true islam, please don't take islam from anywhere, you can search in the Qur'an, from there people get knowledge about the ture islam and what muslims believe about christians and jewish, and what muslims should do or should not ;)

wassalam

Salam Rimatisma,
I have many friends who are Muslims. They have been family friends for many years. I do not take Islam from anywhere else (not even my Muslim friends). I am happy in my faith in God and I do not fear what other people say. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus... all are created by God. There is ONE God so all of these religions pray to the same one God.

The problem I have with anyone (no matter what his religion) is blind hate and hate for anyone who does not believe like you. God has given everyone choice and free will... no one has right to questions another's beliefs.

Peace 2 u my friend

abrother4truth

It matters. Why to stay ignorant?Why don't you take your time while you are here and learn about Islam and what means to be a muslim?

My friend, if I called you ignorant would you not be offended? Just because your beliefs are not like mine does that make your beliefs ignorant?

I am a friend to all religions because all are from GOD... you want to label me as ignorant but only God will be the deciding factor. Perhaps it is you who are ignorant but I will not insult you like that because it is your choice and your free will. Let everyone decide for themselves and stop insulting others because they do not think, or choose not to think like you.

peace 2u

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
My friend, if I called you ignorant would you not be offended? Just because your beliefs are not like mine does that make your beliefs ignorant?
It has nothing to do with your beliefs. You are ignorant about Islaam and being a Muslim. Just as I am ignorant when it comes to engineering, for example. So use your time for good and learn what it's all about, when you are here.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2426

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2432

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
What is going on here?
We all have free will, and we all choose what we decide to follow.
There is no compulsion in religion.
Let us just co-exist peacefully here and learn from one another

Saniyah: It seems to me that you are repeatedly telling brother4truth to learn,learn Islam.Just let him be. Let us all do our thing. No shoving anything down anyone's throat
:)

Salem9022

It does not matter if I know the definition... I am not accusing someone's faith. The last guy said the MUSLIMS were not "true" muslims because they did not follow Islam like he did.

He has no right to questions someone's personal beliefs/religion or lack thereof. If Salman Khan (a bollywood actor) says he is a muslim then why does that bother you? Maybe his relationship with Islam is different than yours but who gave you the right to question that?

--Salman Khan is not Muslim anymore, because the Indian Muslims there have considered him to be a Kaffir, because he went into a Hindu temple and worshiped the statue of one of those elephant gods, and he isn't musilm anymore. As for our relationship with Islam, Islam is a Deen a way of LIfe, we don't have relationships with Islam, we practise Islam, we don't practise our whims and desires, and from your post It' seems you are very weak in your religion, which is fine but please don't talk of subjects without knoweldge, because knoweldge perceeds speech, meaning if you don't have knowelsge of something better not to speak about it. My Advise to you is that you learn about your deen with the Understanding which the Salaf had.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Saniyah: It seems to me that you are repeatedly telling brother4truth to learn,learn Islam.Just let him be. Let us all do our thing. No shoving anything down anyone's throat
:salam2:

Aren't we all here to learn? Some come to provoke though. You should read first his posts in different threads, full of prejudices. What are his intentions?
So my advice was to learn before he speaks about things he knows nothing about. I don't see that as shoving down anyone's throat. Also this site has some rules.

wa salaam

mosabaig

pictures

Assalam O alakum,

We as muslims are not encouraged to take make pictures wheather moving or still of humen or animals.

May Allah guide muslims of today, who find thousands reasons, to put aside this order of Allah and cannot forego the temptation of atleast watching if not making it, or would rather love the good images of islam for the sake of these watcher.
Although these images look qute but the are too.......:salah:.......what to say: :astag: