My 2nd introduction, as a Muslim :)

jack2k6

Salam Alaikum everyone,

I am Jack. My real name is actually Yaacov, but I prefer to go by the name Jack.

Here was my 1st post at introduction about 2 years ago:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4579

I converted to Islam recently and decided to share my story. I will try to keep it as short as possible:

I was born into a Jewish family. I trace my ancestors all the way to the Jewish community in Turkey under Ottoman Empire, who migrated to Canada around mid 20th century. Throughout my entire life I never followed any organized religion, and at times I was Atheist, while at other times I was a non-religious Jew struggling to believe in God. During my university life, I took a couple courses on comparative religion and that is when I learned the basics of Islam. After that, I started to have a favorable view of Islam partly because it was very similar to Judaism. Unfortunately, I never had a favorable view of Christianity, I considered it a rehashed Greco-Roman Paganism.

Since then, I started reading about Islam. Initially I considered Islam to be copied from Judaism (due to its similarity). As I learned more, I thought what if Islam wasn't copied from Judaism, what could be other possible explanations?. What if they both came from the same source (the Almighty God), hence the similarity. I studied not only just about Islamic faith, but also about Islamic history, about the great Rashidun Caliphs, Abbasid Caliphs, the Ottomans. I am a big fan of Harun Al Rashid (r.a). I have spent about 2 years studying Islam at a very slow rate. During this time, I attended several Islamic Seminars, talks etc. I went to my local mosque a few times. Finally, at one point I was convinced that IF there is a religion on Earth that I want to follow, it has to be Islam, but I wasn't yet ready to embrace Islam. I wanted to be fully prepared as a proper Muslim before embracing Islam. So, I gradually stopped drinking alcohol. I never consumed Pork, so, that wasn't an issue for me. I also started to consume strictly Kosher meats. My wife thought I was becoming a devout Jew from Atheism (lol)..

Then, one day, I told my wife that I would be embracing Islam (We got married 4 months ago). It was a shock for her, 'how could I join the terrorist' was her first reaction. Then after sometime when she realized that I am adamant about embracing Islam, she accepted it. Then, one day I went into my local Mosque at Fajr time to embrace Islam, prayed Salah and started the day with a new Identity..Alhamdulillah.. I asked my local Imam about relation with my wife, and he said I could continue having a marital relationship with her as she is Jewish (people of the Book). But, he recommended me to get married again in the proper Islamic way.

I embraced Islam about 10 days ago. So far, everything is Alhamdulillah fine.. I have met some fine Persian & Somali Muslim brothers who has helped me out a lot.. May Allah bless them. I have decided not to change my name.

:)

Thanks,

Jack.

etoile_de_mer

Wa alaykum assalaam brother
welcome to the community..:)
You are truly Blessed By Allah(SWT) ....
Masha Allah i'm soooo happy for u..

take care! May Allah(SWT) Help u in every thing u do...ameen.

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

:ma: Welcome brother , and insha'Allah, i wish your wife to see the truth trough you. Ameen !

Ma salam

Almeftah

Grats and welcome home.. :)

But why give up Yaacov, you were named after a phophet (Jacob, or Yaqoob)..?!??!

Shahzad

welcome back to islam jack. May ALLAH bless U and ur family.
Congratulations on being a part of terrorist gang.. lol

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Welcome Dear Brother

:salam2: :)

Allahu Akbar !

Sub'haanAllah ! what a great news brother. Your journey to Islam is inspirational. May Allah make you firm in your beliefs and steady in your worship. I don't know why but everytime I see a Jew coming to Islam it reminds me of Abdullah ibn Salaam (RA) :SMILY259:. He was the most knowledgble Jew in the Madinah.
My wife thought I was becoming a devout Jew from Atheism (lol)..
Abdullah ibn Salaam (RA) says when he heard the news of the Prophet Muhammad (may Allah send prayer and peace upon him) coming to Madinah he said Allahu akbar ! and his aunt said, “you disappointe me! By Allah, had you heard that Musa ibn Imran [Moses, may Allah send prayer and peace upon him] was coming this way you would not be more enthusiastic” I said, “Indeed my aunt he is the brother of Musa [Moses] and follows his deen [religion], for he is sent with the same Message.” She was silent for a moment then said, “Is he really the prophet whom you have told us will be sent at this very time, to complete the Message of those prophets before him?” I assured her that he was.

abuayesha

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmathullaahi wabarakaathuhu
Dear Brother

Allaahu Akbar! Allaah is great!

May Allaah bless you and your loved ones.
May Allaah show the straight path to your wife and your loved ones through you.

At this moment of happiness I would like to remind the following Hadith Qudsi on the authority of Anas Radhiyallaahu anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu alaihi wasallam say: Allaah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. (Quoted from 40 Hadith Qudsi - Related by at-Tirmidhi)

And lastly I request you to make Dua'a for me too.

Wassalaam

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Welcome to Islam, Brother Jack :)
Thank you so much for sharing your candid and heartfelt story with us on TTI. May you continue to grow in faith and be a wonderful example for your loved ones, too.

I hope you will stay and keep participating in discussions on the TTI forum. It is very inspiring to learn stories like yours :) A little of your story rang true for my own situation as far as when I started getting interested in Islam but I converted from Catholicism. 17 years have passed and becoming Muslim is the best decision I ever made.

May ALLAH bless you in this life and the Hereafter, ameen.

:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Allaahu Akbar! Allaahu Akbar! Allaahu Akbar!

:salam2:
Assalaam o Alaikum and congratulations Dear Brother,

It was such a great joy to hear your story dear brother. Two year of journey ended with such wonderful result. InshaAllah your wife too will see the truth and come to Islam.

Once again congratulations and welcome to Islam and to TTI.
:wasalam:

Roby Rahman

Asalamualaikum

Alhamdolilah brother. May Allah bless the entire world how he has blessed you in seeing the TRUTH. You are on the straight path now and my ALLAH swt guide you to Jannah.(PARADISE) Please make duah(PRAYER) for me and the rest of the muslim ummah. Jazakallahu KHAIR

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
welcome to the light of the life brother... May allah show the right path to all good people ameen:)

So happy by ur way--:)

Welcome again:)

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum brother Jack

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar. All praises and thanks are due to Allah for opening your heart to Islam. You might want to change your profile to say Religion: Islam now :)

Assalamu Alaikum

Umm Ismael

Asselemou Alaikum!

Allahou Akbar! God is the Greatest :)
ALHAMDULI ALLAH :) :tti_sister:
Congratulations

Salam
Hajer

wth1257

Finally, at one point I was convinced that IF there is a religion on Earth that I want to follow, it has to be Islam, but I wasn't yet ready to embrace Islam. I wanted to be fully prepared as a proper Muslim before embracing Islam. .

Wow.

I think that's about where I am at. That really struck me.

I don't know if I have enough posts to PM but once/if I do would you mind if I PM'd you sometimes to ask you about your decision and learning?

Also, if I may ask, how did your family react?

Thank you.