my aqeedah needs help

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Asalamu alaikum..

After reading the Quran a couple times, I get the impression that Allah should be worshipped alone, without any partners.
There are many verses in the Quran which say to call (dua) on Allah alone. Allah is one. Nothing is like him etc..

I watched a lot of videos on sufi's I heard them saying that wahhabism is a new style of islam, which is satanic and is forbiddiding many things which ahlus sunnah til wal jama'ah accept..
For example wasila of the rasool (saws) . going to graves.. saying Ya MUHmmad(saws)
And also bid'aah hasanah...

I watched a video by a salafi brother
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMzAF1ENXE&NR=1

He was talking about this hadith..

Tirmidhi relates, through his chain of narrators from 'Uthman ibn Hunayf, that a blind man came to the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and said,

"I've been afflicted in my eyesight, so please pray to Allah for me." The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: "Go make ablution (wudu), perform two rak'as of prayer, and then say:

"Oh Allah, I ask You and turn to You through my Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of mercy; O Muhammad (Ya Muhammad), I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight [and in another version: "for my need, that it may be fulfilled. O Allah, grant him intercession for me"]."

Doesn't this hadith prove , that it's permissible to say "Ya Muhammad"

Like the prophet (saws) himself told him to say it.. and the prophet wasn't present during the time of the dua.. so could the prophet hear him? Isn't he calling on other then Allah???

SoubhanAllah this is becoming a huge fitnah for me.. i'm slowly starting to believe that "The way of the salaf" is actually something new, following a "wahhabi" doctrine...

Even though my heart tells me that no one (not even the prophet) should be called on.. he can't hear us or see us.. Only Allah is the all seeing....

Someone please help me..

PS- in the video i put up above the shaykh said "It's clear that it was The prophet Making this dua and not the blind man."
I find that ridiculous because the prophet told the blind man to go make the dua not the other way around... Someone with ilm on this subject please help...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

InshaAllah someone with knowledge about this particular narration will clarify the matter for you.

In the mean time, you can read the following and get rid of some of the false indoctrination these deviants have tried to deceive you with. May Allah azz zawajal protect us from such people and their evil deviant ways. Ameen

For now please read the below

It is not permissible to call on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in du’aa’ after his death, because du’aa’ is an act of worship that can only be directed to Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the mosques are for Allaah (Alone), so invoke not anyone along with Allaah”

[al-Jinn 72:13]

“And who is more astray than one who calls on (invokes) besides Allaah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:5]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him): “If you ask, then ask of Allaah, and if you seek help then seek help from Allaah.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2516) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi.

Du’aa’ is asking for benefit and asking for harm to be warded off, and it is not only done by saying Yaa (O…), rather it has become customary among people to use this call in du’aa’, especially when hardship comes and calamity strikes, so they say Ya Allaah, meaning O Allaah, save us, give us help, support us.

This is the action of monotheists (believers in Tawheed) who do not call upon anyone other than Allaah. As for those who worship graves and tombs, they call upon their “saints” and revered ones, saying Ya Badawi, Ya Rifaa’i, Ya Jilaani, and what they mean is, O Badawi, help us, come to our aid, save us.

And some of them say: Ya Rasool-Allaah, Ya Muhammad, in this manner also. This is calling upon him, seeking his help and turning to him.

It is well known that this is one of the worst ways of going against the message that was brought by Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the other Messengers, and that was revealed in the Books, namely the call to Tawheed and worshipping Allaah alone, and forsaking the worship of all others.

It is not acceptable in the religion of Islam, which Allaah has chosen as the religion for His slaves, to call upon anyone except Allaah, not any Prophet who was sent or any angel who is close to Him. Rather we are to call upon Him alone. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilaah (god) with Allaah? Little is that you remember!”

[al-Naml 27:62]

Thus it is known that if a person says Ya Muhammad or Ya Rasool Allaah, not intending thereby to call upon him and seek his help, then there is nothing wrong with it, such as if he wants to call him to mind and remember him, such as if he reads a hadeeth and says Sall-Allaah ‘alayka ya Rasool-Allaah (May Allaah send blessings upon you, O Messenger of Allaah) or How great and beautiful are your words, O Messenger of Allaah. But saying Ya Muhammad is contrary to good manners, as explained above.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it shirk if someone says in any place on earth, Ya Muhammad Ya Rasool-Allaah, calling him?

He replied:

Allaah has stated in His Holy Book and on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that worship is the right of Allaah alone and no one else has any share of it, and that du’aa’ is a kind of worship, so if a person says in any place on earth, Ya Rasool-Allaah, Ya Nabi Allaah or Ya Muhammad, help me, or save me, or support me, or heal me, or support your ummah, or heal the sick Muslims, and guide their misguided ones and so on, then he is making him a partner with Allaah in worship. The same applies to those who do the same thing with regard to other Prophets, angels, awliya’ (“saints), jinn, idols or any other created beings, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

“O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allaah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious”

[al-Baqarah 2:21]

End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (2/453).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Some people at times of hardship say Ya Muhammad or Ya ‘Ali or Ya Jilaani. What is the ruling on that?

He replied:

If the intention is to call upon them and seek their help, then the person is a mushrik in the sense of major shirk that puts one beyond the pale of Islam, and he must repent to Allaah and call upon Allaah alone, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilaah (god) with Allaah? Little is that you remember!”

[al-Naml 27:62]

As well as being a mushrik, he is also fooling himself. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself?”

[al-Baqarah 2:130]

“And who is more astray than one who calls on (invokes) besides Allaah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:5]

End quote from Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (2/133).

And Allaah knows best.

Link : http://islamqa.com/en/ref/111019

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah. Inshaa'Allaah will post in a bit :)

Till then, smile and take care

Wassalaamu `alaykum

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

I highly recommend you ask that shaykh who made the video. If you post a comment, he will reply - I know personally as he has answered several of my questions on his videos. I find his lectures to be informative and quite beneficial alhamdulillah. It usually takes about 24 hours or so but he WILL answer you inshallah.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:I have a book about Tawassuf and Tabarruk,in which it's said that to make du'a mentioning also the name of the prophet SAW,it's good,I also read the hadith of the blind man...but today I don't know.the prophet is died;how can he intercede for us?

auroran

The sufis are deviated, may Allaah guide them. They take Bid'ah and Shirk as permissible...their claim can be refuted by a knowledgeable member, Insha' Allaah.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum. I firstly pray that Allaahu Subhaanah guides us all to the straight path, the path of the Salafus-Saalih, the path in which Allaah has bestowed His favour... the path of the Anbiyaa', the Siddeeqoon, the Shuhadaa' and the Saaliheen.

In this matter of Tawassul akhee, there are few points you need to remember in general:

1) To call upon other than Allaah, whether the person believes that the one being called is the one who answers the du`aa' or if he believes that Allaah answers the du`aa: is both Shirk, and there is an agreement of scholars on this issue. And if the Sahaabah called upon the Prophet :saw2: after his death, then this would have been narrated to us through authentic chains as opposed to fabricated chains. The rightly guided Caliphs radiyAllaahu `anhum would have been from the first of people to do so, if this was permitted in the Sharee`ah of Allaah.

Any narrations that Soofis quote in order to justify calling upon the Messenger of Allaah are all very weak or fabricated.

2) As for calling upon Allaah by (or through) His Messenger :saw2: then there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars in this matter. It should be noted that this type of tawassul does not necessitate shirk, and there is an Ijmaa` on this. For example: "O' Allaah, I ask you through Prophet Muhammad :saw2: to fulfill my need"

The majority of scholars classified this type of tawassul as a bida`i tawassul (innovated type of tawassul), while a minority permitted it. *Please note that there is a very very big difference between saying "O Allaah, I ask you through your Prophet..." and "Ya RasoolAllaah, fulfill my need", the latter being Shirk!

This specific issue revolves around the hadeeth of `Uthmaan ibn Hunayf that a blind man came to the Prophet :saw2: and said: “I've been afflicted with blindness, so pray to Allah for me". The Prophet :saw2: said: “Go perform wudoo', perform two rak'aahs and then say: “O Allah! I ask you and turn to you through my Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of mercy; O Muhammad, I turn through you to my Lord, that He may fulfill my need,... this was narrated by Ibn Maajah, at-Tirmidhi and others.

It is very important to understand the above hadeeth correctly. If one notices, the blind man made this du`aa to Allaah (invoking only Allaah) when the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: was alive. We see that even `Umar radiyAllaahu `anhu mentions:

It is narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (954) from Anas ibn Maalik that if a drought came, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) would ask al-‘Abbaas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib to pray for rain. He would say: “O Allaah, we used to beseech You by means of (the du’aa’ of) Your Prophet for rain and You would give us rain; now we beseech You by means of (the du’aa’ of) the paternal uncle of Your Prophet, so grant us rain.” Then it would rain.

From the above narration it is pretty clear that du`aa made TO ALLAAH through His Prophet was made by the Sahaabah when the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: was alive and after his death `Umar looked for someone else alive, who was righteous. If what the soofis claim was from the Sharee`ah of Allaah, then would `Umar not have said "O Muhammad, grant us rain"????

Now one may argue that in the narration of `Uthmaan ibn Hunayf it mentions: " O Muhammad, I turn through you to my Lord, that He may fulfill my need,", then it should be noted again that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: was alive and was present with the blind man, and this was something that the blind man informed the Prophet of Allaah :saw2: that he is turning to Allaah (by making du`aa to Him, Subhaanah, alone) through the Prophet.

One should be very careful with the deceiving manner of the way innovators spread their innovations. They twist authentic narrations and quote weak and fabricated narrations to support their narrations. We ask those who worship the dead: "Bring us an authentic narration from the Sahaabah whereby they called upon the Messenger of Allaah after His :saw2:'s death"... and we still wait.

BaarakAllaahu feekum
Wassalaamu `alaykum

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
alaykum salam, jazakallah khair
This is the part that is still confusing me brothers..

Now one may argue that in the narration of `Uthmaan ibn Hunayf it mentions: " O Muhammad, I turn through you to my Lord, that He may fulfill my need,", then it should be noted again that the Messenger of Allaah was alive and was present with the blind man, and this was something that the blind man informed the Prophet of Allaah that he is turning to Allaah (by making du`aa to Him, Subhaanah, alone) through the Prophet.

I don't get it... was the prophet(saws) sitting beside the man, while the man makes this dua out loud?

Because he told him to go make wudu , pray 2 rakat, then say the dua....
In the dua it says "O Muhammad I your intercession with my Lord"
Could the prophet (saws) hear him ? Doesn't this prove we can call on the prophet from distances and he could still hear us, and grant things?

If you say "but the prophet (saws) was ALIVE" ... So your saying during the life of the prophet (saws) he was all hearing ? (Could hear you from any where , you call on him from?) Isn't that only an attribute of Allah??

This is what is getting to me....

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Salamu alaikum...

Surah 35 Fatir ayat 14

إِن تَدۡعُوهُمۡ لَا يَسۡمَعُواْ دُعَآءَكُمۡ وَلَوۡ سَمِعُواْ مَا ٱسۡتَجَابُواْ لَكُمۡۖ وَيَوۡمَ ٱلۡقِيَـٰمَةِ يَكۡفُرُونَ بِشِرۡڪِكُمۡۚ وَلَا يُنَبِّئُكَ مِثۡلُ خَبِيرٍ۬

If ye invoke them, they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgement they will reject your "Partnership." And none, (O man!) can tell thee (the Truth) like the One Who is acquainted with all things

Does that verse not prove that ... If you make dua to anyone other then Allah, they can not hear us? and even if they could, they can't help us??

SoubhanAllah from reading the Quran you get the idea only Allah can be called on.. in fact he's the only one watching you as you read this... Where is the Quranic ayat which proves that the Nabi is fully watching us, or can hear us when we say "ya rasoolAllah" (saws)??

May Allah protect us from shirk

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
The prophet is dead....he cannot help us and its Shirk to call upon ANYONE else except Allaah.

The sufis will also have you call upon their "awliya" those who are supposedly close to Allaah and have died. I have posted a book on tawheed awhile back. I think you should read it insha'Allaah. Its long but clarifies many of these issues. I will post the link soon......

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
alaykum salam, jazakallah khair
This is the part that is still confusing me brothers..

Now one may argue that in the narration of `Uthmaan ibn Hunayf it mentions: " O Muhammad, I turn through you to my Lord, that He may fulfill my need,", then it should be noted again that the Messenger of Allaah was alive and was present with the blind man, and this was something that the blind man informed the Prophet of Allaah that he is turning to Allaah (by making du`aa to Him, Subhaanah, alone) through the Prophet.

I don't get it... was the prophet(saws) sitting beside the man, while the man makes this dua out loud?

Because he told him to go make wudu , pray 2 rakat, then say the dua....
In the dua it says "O Muhammad I your intercession with my Lord"
Could the prophet (saws) hear him ? Doesn't this prove we can call on the prophet from distances and he could still hear us, and grant things?

If you say "but the prophet (saws) was ALIVE" ... So your saying during the life of the prophet (saws) he was all hearing ? (Could hear you from any where , you call on him from?) Isn't that only an attribute of Allah??

This is what is getting to me....

No it doesn't prove that one can call upon the living. If you carefully read it, it was a conversation between the blind man and the Prophet :saw2:. The part where it says "O Muhammad...." is not part of the du`aa rather it is what the blind man said the to the Messenger of Allaah :saw2:. Hope this clears it up for you.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:

:shahadah:
The shahada has says it all.
There NO GOD except Allah swt
And Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is
Allah swt Messenger.

Islam is easy and not difficult.
The holy qur'an serve as a super good guide for us.

Back in those days
during the prophet Muhammad s.a.w still alive
Many won't want to missed the oppurtunity to get their wishes answered Fast !!!
As the Holy Prophet s.a.w du'a is mustajab
Many want Allah swt to grant and fulfilled their wishes at an instant thus going to the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w(like a shortcut)
and made du'a for them.
This practice is only asking favour from the holy prophet s.a.w to make du'a on behalf of them NOT worshipping him!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam .