My best friend is interested in Islam - how can I support her?

Meryam

:salam2:

yesterday I had a wonderful experience, but I want to ask you all if I did everything right here.

One of my best friends is a Protestant. During the last months she told me that she´s very interested in Islam and wanted to know more about it. I told her as much as possible about Islam and the responsibility you have as a Muslim. I also showed her how to pray.

Yesterday I took her to the mosque, because she never went there. I gave her islamic traditional clothes and a hjiab and I brought her to the Salat-Al-Jumaah. She listened to the Khutba (allhamdulillah we have the great luck to listen the Khutba in arabic and german) and I suggested her to join the Salat, so she prayed 2 Raka´s with us.

When we left the mosque she had tears in her eyes, because she was overwhelmed with emotion....and to be honest: Me too!!!

So far she didn´t take Shahada. She said she still needs time, because she´s a very careful person and always think twice before she makes a decision on something.

When I was alone at home I thought about our day and now I´m not sure if I made everything right from my side....she´s still Protestant and I brought her to the mosque, she prayed in the name of ALLAH swt.

May be my doubts are without any reason...but I would appreciate it if I could have your opinion on this. Can I do something better to support her in becoming a Muslima inschallah?

Jazaku Alllahu kheir

Meryam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

You should ask her what it is she is contemplating?

As long as she believes in the oneness of Allah and believes in the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and she has correct belief in Jesus, that Jesus is son of the virgin Mary and not a God, then she has no problem. Basically she has the beliefs of a Muslim, all that is required is for her to take the Shahada.

If she believes in this, there is no reason for her not to become Muslim.

Anything else, such as the hijab, praying, etc will come after this step. Its important she takes the Shahada first, this is the core belief that makes a Muslim.

So, you must stress to her that a Muslim is someone who professes the shahada.

The Declaration of Faith in Islam

fendi_ibrahim

Assalam-o-alaikom...

Dear meryam..

I'm not good in this. But, what I can suggest is that you don't have to push her. Because, from what you did told us, she already has the intention to be in the truth path at least at the bottom of her heart. So, always be with her...during her happiness or sadness moment. Show her akhlaq of moslima. Answer any question she ask about Islam with hikmah. One of My scholar told me.. To approach other to Islam, 4 importants thng need to do:

1. Salam - greetings
2. Kalam - words, talk to them (with hikmah), kind
3. Ta'am - give them foods and drinks, eat with them, cook for them, help them to solve their problem
4. Qiyyam - Pray at night, and make doa for her...

One day, when the moment come...Allah swt will blow a soft wind of hidayah (guidance) into her heart, until she by herself will come to you and say the shahadah..InsyAllah. Ameen.

May Allah help you.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

One day, when the moment come...Allah swt will blow a soft wind of hidayah (guidance) into her heart, until she by herself will come to you and say the shahadah..InsyAllah. Ameen.

SUBHANALLAH beautifully said brother...ameen

Wasalaam

fendi_ibrahim

The happiest news for me to hear is when someone come to ISLAM....Oh..Allah..Nothing I've done to make you happy compare to the companions of Prophet pbuh, Please forgive me...and all ummah. Ameen.

Meryam

@brothers mabsoot & fendi ibrahim...thank you very much for your support.

I believe that she´s on the right way and I´m positive that she´ll take Shahada soon inschallah.

I´ll talk to her as often as possible about Islam and when she wants to take the Shahada I´ll go with her to the mosquee. She´s a very nice person, respectful and always kind.

Before and during the time I converted to Islam I had no "mentor" by my side who showed me what´s allow/not allow in Islam, what I should take care off or not. So I´m glad now to help somebody and I make Duaa all the time that she´s taking Shahada soon inschallah. I keep you updated :)

Schukran again and my ALLAH swt bless you for your help!

:wasalam:

Meryam

fendi_ibrahim

Dear Sis Meryam...

Believe me, you did a very very good effort on that. Only Allah can reward you. Ameen. I wish to be there when she says her Shahadah. But nevermind, seem i'm too far away..hope my do'a will always do, InsyAllah.

wassalam.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Salam alaykum..

sister in faith

(allhamdulillah we have the great luck to listen the Khutba in arabic and german)

ru wanna introduction and Basic of islam teaching in German or English...

insha`Allah ....that's useful page Grundlagen des Islam....i Quote it from the best German site i know it....http://enfal.de

......if u wanna some Articles in English...click Here..

<wasalam>

Roemaysa

Assalamoe Allikoem Everybody,

I have got the same problem as you Meryem.
I have got a docent who is also Interested in Islam. He wants start a study with about the history of Islam. I don't know what I must do help him......

I want to buy some books for him about the islam.... what can I do els?

Wassalaam,

Roemaysa

Kayote

Assalam-o-alaikom...

Dear meryam..

I'm not good in this. But, what I can suggest is that you don't have to push her. Because, from what you did told us, she already has the intention to be in the truth path at least at the bottom of her heart. So, always be with her...during her happiness or sadness moment. Show her akhlaq of moslima. Answer any question she ask about Islam with hikmah. One of My scholar told me.. To approach other to Islam, 4 importants thng need to do:

1. Salam - greetings
2. Kalam - words, talk to them (with hikmah), kind
3. Ta'am - give them foods and drinks, eat with them, cook for them, help them to solve their problem
4. Qiyyam - Pray at night, and make doa for her...

May Allah help you.

Beautifully said. I totally agree with Fendi_Ibrahim on this. The most important thing to do is make dua for her & let her take her time, shes no doubt going through so much confusion so you have to be strong for her & Insha'Allah Allah will guide her.

abumah

:ma:
This is good dawah maybe Allah exalted in power, will open your friends heart to this blessed way through your kindness and patience.:jazaak:

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
may God help urs freind to get this light!!

Aslamoelakum sister..

Nice to know about urs struggle for helping that sister.U know it is one of greatest good deed.May God give her wisdom to adopt this beautiful message.

Plz have a look on following link.It is a book written by a German converted sister.There is also German copy of this online book.Also you can contact her via email.She will help you more.

http://www.geocities.com/anjasbuch/anjae.html

Email: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Plz update on the forum about urs struggle .We all will be Praying for u and urs friend..

Urs brother in Islam

Javed
Clausthal-Zellerfled.
Germany.

-----------------------------------------

BERLIN, August 29 (IslamOnline.net) – Germans reverting to Islam have risen dramatically in the past few years and are keen on leaving their indelible marks on society, a leading German newspaper has reported.

The number of reverts has climbed remarkably to 800 last year compared to 300 cases each year in the past, the online English version of Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung said Friday, August 27.

Though the Shahadah (testimony of faith) is a prerequisite to revert, some Germans avoid the formalities altogether.

According to latest estimates, the number of Germans who reverted to Islam is between 13,000 and 60,000.

The rise represents a good percentage of the European country’s three million Muslims.

They are not only rising in numbers, but also showing great enthusiasm to learn more about Islam, establishing Islamic publishing houses or bookstores to highlight the true essence of their new religion.

The head of the Islam archives in Soest, Mohammad Selim Abdullah, attributed the rise to the recent wars in the Gulf region.

Indelible Marks

The reverts are also keen on leaving their indelible marks on their society.

Mohammad Siddiq, a German citizen who reverted to Islam when he was 18 and was born as Wolfgang Borgfeld, established “The House of Islam” and bought a former hotel south of Frankfurt in 1983 where he lives with his wife and his 12-year-old son.

The association organizes Qur’anic classes, vacation camps, weekend seminars on Muslim life and faith and pilgrimages to Makkah.

“I never saw the path I took as a turning away from Christianity,” Siddiq told the paper. “Rather it was further development."

“We are the better Christians," Siddiq said, quoting another revert, Ahmad von Denffer.

The paper also cited Denffer's experience, who has studied the Islamic sciences in Mainz and later joined a school in Leicester run by the Islamic Foundation.

When he returned to Munich, he established an organization called “Muslims Help” that supports Muslims all over the world.

Abdul Hadi Hofmann, who used to work for the Christian Democratic Union but has now reverted to Islam, is now attempting to establish an Islamic Academy in Berlin, following the suit of the Protestant and Catholic academies.

Muhammad Sven, another revert, will teach the Islamic education at the University of Munster this autumn, as the first Muslim professor in the German public schools.

Susanne Seifert, a German revert, has opened an Islamic bookstore in Wiesbaden and Hadayatullah Hübsch, who was born in Chemnitz as Paul Gerhard Hübsch in 1946, has published numerous books on Islam.

Former German president Johannes Rau said on December 28 that Muslims in Germany should not be treated as second-class citizens.

Source: http://islamonline.net/English/News/2004-08/29/article08.shtml

seekingtruth2

as salaamu alaykm
what you can do to help a person is to get them the quran, books that teach salat and sunnah.and hadith... you can be there as a freind to answer any questions they may have and direct their path to websites like this one! other than that tell everyone and anyone who asks all you can and all you know about islam and being a muslim... outside of that its up to the person your speaking with and of course Allah swt. Also invite them to your mosque! You can let people know you are a muslim by wearing hijab this also can open doors to people you dont even know!!!!!! if there is anything I can do to help you simply ask...pm me anytime sister!.....There are all kinds of free downloads you can share with others so you dont even have to spend any money on the books, though I believe having the actuall books to be a wonderful tool to those new to islam... especially a book teaching salat!!!!!And veryone needs the quran whenever possible in book form, however the computer quran is wonderful too.... after someone says shahada is the time for actual books though!!!!
your sister in islam
Fatima

Kayote

Thankyou for that Stranger786. Its wonderful to know so many people are accepting Islam as the truth.