My experiences with Islam

JordanWilson

As some may know, I recently made the decision to convert to Islam. I attended the mosque and such, but, after a while,I realised that I never truly believed in this religion. I am an atheist, and I always was, because when I took shahadah I didn't do it with belief and sincerity. And now, while I respect and admire this religion, I can not be a Muslim. I do not believe.
However, I wanted to thank everyone here and at the mosque for being so incredibly kind and welcoming. May your lifes be filled with faith. if anybody wants to know why I couldn't believe, PM me.
Thank you, TurntoIslam.

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

Well who can guide if it is not Allah alone.
May one day Allah guide you and others in sha Allah.
That is the reason learning Tawheed(The Oness of Allah) is very important before taking the shahadah.

Just by saying the shahadah it doesn't mean you have imaan. A person needs to follow the pillar of Islam and believe in 6 pillar of imaan in order for his imaan to grow.

Get to know who is The Creator and ask why do we have to be created. If a small pencil has a creator what about the whole universe.

Everything has been created except the Creator.

You need to do a lot of studies before you could convince yourself. The journey is not easy. I took 12 years to convince myself but alhamdulilah I did it before it is too late.

Good luck.

Allah knows the best.

AS salamu 'alaikum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salamu 'alaikum

That is the reason learning Tawheed(The Oness of Allah) is very important before taking the shahadah.

Just by saying the shahadah it doesn't mean you have imaan. A person needs to follow the pillar of Islam and believe in 6 pillar of imaan in order for his imaan to grow.

Get to know who is The Creator and ask why do we have to be created. If a small pencil has a creator what about the whole universe.

You need to do a lot of studies before you could convince yourself. The journey is not easy. I took 12 years to convince myself but alhamdulilah I did it before it is too late.

Good luck.

Allah knows the best.

AS salamu 'alaikum

^perfect and precise one

salam alaikum everyone

Allah guides whom He wills, and He guides who wants to be guided
Hidaya is something that is kept on Allah's hand

I myself, being a born muslims, was gafil from the truth and realization, but alhamdu li Allah, all praises due to Allah, that He guided me

if you are honest to you and you are an open hearted, you'll find the guidance

I think no need to PM you
may Allah help you and may He guide you to the truth

Allahu akbar

wa alaikum salam warahmtu-llah

Valerie

As salamu 'alaikum

Good luck.

Allah knows the best.

AS salamu 'alaikum

Wa Alaikum Assalam,

Wonderful post, sister. Jazakallah Khair :)

Kakorot

Jordan, to tell you the truth I don't think anyone here is surprised or shocked. It is important that people learn about Islam before taking shahada. If learning comes afterwards, then you may find it difficult to accept some of Islam's teachigs.

And I think it was just a phase you were going through. Happens to a lot of teenagers these days, we're always searching for something and some of us have found what we were looking for, thank God. :)

As revert2007 said, guidance is in Allaah's Hands and it is up to Him who is guided to Islam. Of course we all pray that one day Allaah guides you and other non-Muslims to the right way inshaAllaah (God willing).

Valerie

Jordan, to tell you the truth I don't think anyone here is surprised or shocked. It is important that people learn about Islam before taking shahada. If learning comes afterwards, then you may find it difficult to accept some of Islam's teachigs.

And I think it was just a phase you were going through. Happens to a lot of teenagers these days, we're always searching for something and some of us have found what we were looking for, thank God. :)

As revert2007 said, guidance is in Allaah's Hands and it is up to Him who is guided to Islam. Of course we all pray that one day Allaah guides you and other non-Muslims to the right way inshaAllaah (God willing).

:salam2:

I don't mean to butt in again, but good post :)

aisha16

I totally agree with Brother Ayman. I kind of feel maybe you rushed into things a bit..and didn't get all the answers you needed like the brother mentioned. Looking back at your former posts it seemed too quick...Islam is a way of life..not a small thing. But in the end Allah guides whom he wills and if you choose to be Atheist then that's your choice. But I think maybe you should ponder more into life and the purpose as well. See when you choose to be an atheist you don't have that answer.. I wish you the best in your journey.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Based on your story my advise to you would be not to marry.
Because you may wake up next day wondering why you were married, and that you should be single.

Anyways brother... Hope you have a nice life.

But just remember nice life will end here in this world, after that you will be answering and living in thousands of degrees, unless you change course.

Whether you like it or not, when you will wakeup... you will find yourself infront of your creator answering what you did in this life.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are honest.

It is hard to comprehend the pillar to post change. One can not go from belief to disbelief in a day.
You use the word atheist. One who absolutely understands there is no deity to worship.
You have taken a ride from structure and confidence into the unknown.

As I do not know your age it is difficult to write using appropriate analogies to communicate to you.

I believe you are on the right path. And I must write do not think that Muslims necessarily represent Islam. The path is individual. There are many Muslims who have boxed themselves in the faith. Islam liberates.

You need to continue to soul search.

Do not give up on us. Keep posting. Keep asking questions.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: Br. Jordan.

Two entities (Sperm and Ovum) invisible to naked eye unite to produce a bulky Human being,with resemblances and with variations too, as regards to parents. Now just imagine a sperm and an ovum how systematically and in an organized manner transmit information from parents to offspring. This is just an example and at least organic evolution or atheism can't answer. It is manifestation of a sign of that supreme power. Look within your own body and just around up and down and side ways,everything distinctly signals presence of Allah and uniformity of these signals is proof that He our Lord is one and only one,the unseen.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Embrace or not is your decision!!!

As some may know, I recently made the decision to convert to Islam. I attended the mosque and such, but, after a while,I realised that I never truly believed in this religion. I am an atheist, and I always was, because when I took shahadah I didn't do it with belief and sincerity. And now, while I respect and admire this religion, I can not be a Muslim. I do not believe.
However, I wanted to thank everyone here and at the mosque for being so incredibly kind and welcoming. May your lifes be filled with faith. if anybody wants to know why I couldn't believe, PM me.
Thank you, TurntoIslam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My family in Islam

and
~Greeting!
To the non muslim :)

Allah swt choose and give hidayah!

Embrace or not is your decision!!!

And still
you are the master
to choose
between heaven and hell to enter!

Nice knowing you :)

~Bye

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
People think an atheist is a person who does not believe in any God. -- right?

But this is not true... An atheist is a person who believe in nature, a nature God. He believes that the nature is all wise, and that the laws of nature is a mother who knows every thing, they believe this mother nature (laws of nature) is the ultimate God.

And as we all know that the laws of nature of this universe are a creation of Allah (SWT). Therefore by atheists believing in "Mother Nature" or "Laws of Nature" as the power which is deciding things and ruling over the universe are doing Shirk (associating partners with Allah). That is why atheists will be considered as a Mushrik on the Day of Judgment.

May Allah (SWT) save all of us from such fitnah and such false belief. Ameen !

Valerie

People think an atheist is a person who does not believe in any God. -- right?

But this is not true... An atheist is a person who believe in nature, a nature God. He believes that the nature is all wise, and that the laws of nature is a mother who knows every thing, they believe this mother nature (laws of nature) is the ultimate God.

And as we all know that the laws of nature of this universe are a creation of Allah (SWT). Therefore by atheists believing in "Mother Nature" or "Laws of Nature" as the power which is deciding things and ruling over the universe are doing Shirk (associating partners with Allah). That is why atheists will be considered as a Mushrik on the Day of Judgment.

May Allah (SWT) save all of us from such fitnah and such false belief. Ameen !

Not exactly. Atheists are people who deny the existence of a supreme being (or beings). "Mother Nature" is a term more often used by Neopagans. While atheists may believe in science or reason instead of beliefs, they wouldn't call it a "nature God" or refer to nature as a "mother" or an entity, because they deny the existence of any God. So to them, there is no higher power with any control.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We needed a thread like this. It helps us solidify our own faith. It always is a venue for those who are unsure to be able to respond with their questions and concerns. It becomes a learning tool.

I can not comprehend living in such uncertainty. I am very spoiled by faith. Often others comment on my voice. When I speak it is said I speak with sureness and confidence.

All I know is the Truth of the Holy Word. My heart aches for those who live in uncertainty. Allah subhana talla has given us His Universe. I can ask for anything. And all I want to do is share my joy.

Mairo

Maryama
Salaam Jordan,

Thanks for posting your update. I am curious to know if you are able to identify - what was it that initially struck you that illuminated for you the fact that God does exist, which prompted you to want to revert to Islam? And conversely, what caused you to turn away after belief back to atheism?

In the early part of my life I was also an atheist. For myself, the turning from atheist to believer was a very sudden event, like the flip of a switch. It is a very hard experience for me to explain to people, but ever since that instant in time I have been a believer to the core and this has never wavered at all, Alhamdulilahi.

I do think it is very important to be authentic and real, so I appreciate your honesty. I hope you will continue to share your experiences with us and continue to learn and grow.

Take care

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
'' And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were convinced thereof: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!'' (NAML-ANTS verse 14)
All the praise be to Allah for guiding us to the staight path,
not the path of those who went astray
Nor the path of those who earned Allah's Anger

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Not exactly. Atheists are people who deny the existence of a supreme being (or beings). "Mother Nature" is a term more often used by Neopagans. While atheists may believe in science or reason instead of beliefs, they wouldn't call it a "nature God" or refer to nature as a "mother" or an entity, because they deny the existence of any God. So to them, there is no higher power with any control.

Sister,

I never meant that "mother nature" mean some kind of being or entity. As a matter of fact it was a sarcastic statement.

As you have stated and I concurr that atheists believe in the laws of nature and science, that laws of nature and science are running the show.

My point was that these laws, the Laws of Nature are a creation of Allah the All-Mighty God. The gavitational constant, the speed of light, the sub atomic particles, the Strong Force, the Weak Force, the laws of electro-magnetism, the rules of chemical reactions, biological rules etc etc are all the things created by Allah (SWT) to make this universe function as He wanted it to function. But when a person believes in a creation of Allah as the authority rather than Allah Himself then that person is doing Shirk.

Whether that creation he/she is believing in is a statue or monkey or cow or Jesus or scientific rules or laws of nature... that person is still believing in a creation of Allah (SWT) as the ultimate authority. And this is equal to associating partners with Allah -or- Shirk.

I hope you understood what I am saying here.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Same as me, but then I just took months looking deep into it/studying it and said Shahada with full conviction :)

likeali4life

Asalamoalikum everyone

If Allah wills you will be guided but if not, then you wont

It is your choice on embracing, may be if you understand islam more deeply then you may change you mind. Allah knows best

Nice knowing you :)