Quran My First Ayah of the Day, 1:1 & 1:2

MutlekM

Asalam Alaikom Wa Rahmat Allahi Wabarakatuh
InshaAllah I will continue what another brother (Salahudin), may Allah Bless him in this life and the hereafter, who started an ayah of the day, InshaAllah as recommended by sister Janaan I will do it starting from the first ayah of the first surah and so on from there. I am not a very creative person if there is any other ideas/comments then please don't be afraid to let me know cause I'm fairly new to this and do not want to make any mistakes or be sloppy about this. One last thing I will try my best to this on a daily basis but if for some reason I have not done it for like a day or two then InshaAllah one of you could continue it (P.S I didn't know where to put this so if any of the moderators want to put this thread in a place which is more befitting please feel free).
May Allah put barakah in this mini-project Ameen...

Surah Al Fatiha

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (١
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)

ٱلۡحَمۡدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ
Yusuf Ali: Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds (2)
Dr. Mohsin: All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord [] of the 'Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). (2)

Tafseer:
And on his authority it is related that Ibn 'Abbas said, regarding the saying of Allah, Exalted is He, (Praise be to Allah): 'He says: laudation is Allah's in that He is kind towards His created beings and, hence, they praise Him. It is also said that laudation is Allah's because of His excessive blessings upon His servants whom He has guided to believe in Him. It is also said: laudation, absolute unity and godhood all belong to Allah Who has neither progeny, partner, helper nor an assistant. (Lord of the worlds): Lord of any that has a spirit and walks about on the face of the earth and also of the dwellers of heaven. It is also said that this means: the Master of the jinn and human beings. It is also said that (Lord of the worlds) means the Creator of all created beings, their Provider and the One Who changes them from one state into another.
(note: laudation= (laudatory) full of or giving praise; "a laudatory remark")

I am colorblind, and I wanted to make it kind of organized, but if the colors become too much of a distraction let me know and inshaAllah I will make it less of a distraction.
Peace :)

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

May Allah reward you with good brother.

Brother Salahdin was not posting every day, an ayah a day every 2-4 days is more manageable and better than no ayah :) So do not worry about missing days, in shaa Allah. I moved this to Islamic Discussion as it seems more appropriate.

Starting with Al Fatiha? Ma shaa Allah. We say these words so often, we can forget to think deeply on their meaning.

:salam:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah

The colors are fine, maashaa'Allah.

Just wondering, what tafseer are you using? Can I suggest a good tafseer of ibn katheer site (actually two) if you don't mind..?

MutlekM

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah

The colors are fine, maashaa'Allah.

Just wondering, what tafseer are you using? Can I suggest a good tafseer of ibn katheer site (actually two) if you don't mind..?

Yeah just let me know of any good websites and I will use them inshaAllah I use the tafsir ibn Abbas btw

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
If I may suggest something, it is trivial and just a personal preference, but if I do not say something now I will often be reminded of not saying it. I do not like the title being Ayah of the Day and a number, it's just not very aesthetic so I'd (personally, not as mod) ask you to use another style.

The Brother gave his posts titles such as Ayah of the Day: 11 Shawwal 1434. You could use Gregorian date where you are, or give the Surah and Ayah number to make the titles different. As you like, this is your undertaking :)

:jazaak:

MutlekM

If I may suggest something, it is trivial and just a personal preference, but if I do not say something now I will often be reminded of not saying it. I do not like the title being Ayah of the Day and a number, it's just not very aesthetic so I'd (personally, not as mod) ask you to use another style.

The Brother gave his posts titles such as Ayah of the Day: 11 Shawwal 1434. You could use Gregorian date where you are, or give the Surah and Ayah number to make the titles different. As you like, this is your undertaking :)

:jazaak:

InshaAllah I will begin the change with the next ayah

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (١
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)

Just wanted to add this for the Basmalah inshaa'Allaah.

Bismillah is the First Ayah of Al-Fatihah

The Companions started the Book of Allah with Bismillah:
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
(1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)

The scholars also agree that Bismillah is a part of an Ayah in Surat An-Naml (chapter 27). They disagree over whether it is a separate Ayah before every Surah, or if it is an Ayah, or a part of an Ayah, included in every Surah where the Bismillah appears in its beginning.
Ad-Daraqutni also recorded a Hadith from Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet that supports this Hadith by Ibn Khuzaymah. Also, similar statements were attributed to `Ali, Ibn `Abbas and others.

The opinion that Bismillah is an Ayah of every Surah, except Al-Bara'ah (chapter 9), was attributed to (the Companions) Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Ibn Az-Zubayr, Abu Hurayrah and `Ali. This opinion was also attributed to the Tabi`in: `Ata', Tawus, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Makhul and Az-Zuhri.

This is also the view of `Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad bin Hanbal, (in one report from him) Ishaq bin Rahwayh and Abu `Ubayd Al-Qasim bin Salam.

On the other hand, Malik, Abu Hanifah and their followers said that Bismillah is not an Ayah in Al-Fatihah or any other Surah. Dawud said that it is a separate Ayah in the beginning of every Surah, not part of the Surah itself, and this opinion was also attributed to Ahmad bin Hanbal.