My First Quran

Hello,

I have been studying Islam for several months. I think it is time for me to buy my first Quran. Are there any recommendations? I do not speak Arabic but the ones I've seen in the story have Arabic and English next to each other.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Hello,

I have been studying Islam for several months. I think it is time for me to buy my first Quran. Are there any recommendations? I do not speak Arabic but the ones I've seen in the story have Arabic and English next to each other.

Salaam

I think for 'educational' purposes you can learn the Noble Qur'an online. I recomend www.quran.com as it has six different English translations, so you can pick your favourite. :)

Also if you are not already aware any translation is not The Qur'an, it is only the Arabic language that is considered to be the Qur'an. So I recommend that you purchase an Arabic Qur'an but don't worry if you can't read Arabic (yet). :)

As a side note, if you decide to use quran.com as a resource for learning I also recommend sunnah.com which has a link from quran.com. Here you will find the words and actions of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Personally I think it is a goldmine of information that every Muslim should have. Certain things like the tafsir of the Qur'anic verses from the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) are just mind blowing.

Having said all that though don't take it all in the first time as it can be daunting. Just take your time in learning as you have the rest of your life to learn about Islam.

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, May Allah make easy for you. The book you mentioned that has stories, I think that book is the book of Ibn Kathir. This book is recommend by many scholars so try it out too in'sha'allah.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I would second reading the Quran online - like Abu Loren said above. The most popular translations are by Dr Mohsin Khan, and another by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Both are excellent. The first one would be good for beginners, however the latter goes more indepth in its footnotes and you gain a mass of information.

Next time you post any question, dear, why not post it in the section "TurntoIslam Lounge?" More people would see your posts that way, as not many frequent the lower sections, it seems.

I wish you all the best in your quest of knowledge. :) It makes my heart glad to know that not everybody holds grudges against us - sometimes it gets tiring to be persecuted and disdained all the time.