My friend wants to learn about Islam...

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah
I hope everyone is in the best of health and Imaan.
:hearts:
I have a very religious friend that really enjoys learning about other religions and teaching others about her own. She's roman catholic. Today, she was telling me about the signs of the last day and alot of other stuff that are in the bible. She told me that a time would come where all the planets would line up in some sort of way and...I forget the rest :shymuslima1:

So my first question is, is it true what she said?
Annnnnddd, she really, really enjoys learning about other religions, like Islam, and I've told her alot about it but I feel that I'm not telling her the important and the interesting stuff. Stuff that she would want to hear and stuff that makes her think.

What do you think is the first thing she should know?
Thanksss!
Wsalaam

sliver

I'm not the best person to answer this. But I think I recall that being said somewhere in the Quran but not in the way you just quoted. Then again I could be totally wrong. As for your question about not saying enough interesting things don't worry about it. You can't make someone be interested in something they aren't. What you should do is tell her about the basics of Islam such as the 5 pillars of Islam and so forth. I think once you do that you can move on to other things that might concern her.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam

I express my feelings towards Islam when a friend wants to know about it, along with that, I tell them about the importance of women in Islam, how we take responsibility, lower our gaze and cover ourselves. Ask her what interests or questions could she suggest for you to answer.

MashaAllah sister, you're doing well by making dawah!

May the whole of the Ummah carry this beneficial act out to preach others, Ameen.

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

teach him or her the best you can.

Hidayah is from Allah, so make duaa.

If Allah decreed good for the person He the almighty will make him or her very knowledgeable about the way of life he blessed us with.

ps. by the way, there are people who are very very knowledgeable about Islam but they are not Muslim(or not living as a Muslim ). And there are people who don't know much other than how to pray and what to say without knowing the meaning and significance of action and words, and they live like a mu'min.

:wasalam:

msmoorad

mommys boy
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah
I hope everyone is in the best of health and Imaan.
I have a very religious friend that really enjoys learning about other religions and teaching others about her own. She's roman catholic. Today, she was telling me about the signs of the last day and alot of other stuff that are in the bible. She told me that a time would come where all the planets would line up in some sort of way and...I forget the rest :shymuslima1:

So my first question is, is it true what she said?
Annnnnddd, she really, really enjoys learning about other religions, like Islam, and I've told her alot about it but I feel that I'm not telling her the important and the interesting stuff. Stuff that she would want to hear and stuff that makes her think.

What do you think is the first thing she should know?
Thanksss!
Wsalaam

salaams to all

dont worry about what she says about her religion or what is in the bible etc.

all you need to do is display good akhlaaq/character and try to ensure that you know what you are talkoing about, when it comes to islam.
not intending to insult, but sometimes we mean well but unfortunately teach others the wrong things because we dont know much ourselves.
if she asks anything, and youre not sure about the corrct answer, then dont be shy to tell her that you will confirm it with your father or whoever you know that is knowledgeable.
as far as the 1st things she should know: it should be Tauheed, the oneness of allah ta'ala
that he does not beget not was he begotten and there is none in likeness to Allah ta'ala in the heavens & the earth.
he is independentof his creations & all his creations are completely dependent on him.
and that we believe in all the thousands of prophets who were sent over time to guide mankid by Allah ta'ala.
heres a thread with something you might find helpful:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20158

jazakallah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

start with the stuff you think she will love:

eg.

1. nature of God
2. scientific knowledge in Quran
3. miracles performed by prophet :saw2:
4. signs of Hour

www.quranmiracles.com

then....
5. pleasures of jannah
6. moral values like peace, justice, truthness, etc

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

She is evidently very convinced by her beliefs. Tell her some things that convince you that Islaam is the truth, and the only religion worthy of your time and devotion.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam is intellectual. Catholicism is not. You need to have an understanding of the flaws of the Bible. How did the Bible get adopted. What is the original language of the Bible. Why do the Catholics not read the Greek Bible. What is her understanding of the Council of Nicaea. Does she believe in the Apocrypha.

Help her understand the chronology of Catholicism. And ask her to reconcile the current situation in the Catholic church.

Before she can appreciate Islam she has to understand the limits of Catholicism.

Ahsen

Start with tawheed and how the universe was made and the purpose of it's creation.Guide her slowly and if you can,give her a book on tawheed.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

Thank you all soo much for your replies! I'm telling her alot about Islam but she is sooo convinced that her religion is the truth, I don't think she'll ever believe what I say. But she does tell me everyday that she's happy we can talk about religion because she is now wanting to become veryy religious.

Sister al-fajr, I think that's a greaat idea :) I'll definately tell her why I think it's the truth.

Thanks everyone else