My Heart Cries Out!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

Look at this!!

LAHORE – 11-year-old Amna was handed over to her French mother despite the girl’s sobs and cries at the Lahore High Court on Friday. The French woman Ingrid Brainden Burjer, had filed a habeas corpus petition seeking the custody of her daughter Amna from her ex-husband Abdul Razzaq.
The petitioner explained that she had married the Pakistani national in 1999 and gave birth to a daughter; however the couple had divorced soon afterwards. The French courts had given Amna’s custody to her mother. Later, Abdul Razzaq managed to return to Pakistan with his daughter in 2005 and started living in his native town Phalia, Mandi Bahauddin.
She contended that the Sessions Court Mandi Bahuddin had also granted Amna’s custody to her mother in 2009, Razzaq was refusing to give his child to a Christian woman. She requested the Lahore High Court to direct Raazaq to hand over her daughter.
Following the LHC’s ruling in Ms Burjer’s favor, the police produced Amna in court. But she too refused to go with her Christian mother, saying that she was a Muslim girl and could not live with a non-Muslim woman. Instead, Amna insisted to go with her father Abdul Razzaq. However, Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik ruled that under the laws of Pakistan and France, a mother has the custodial rights for her immature child and the court could not issue a verdict that was not in-line with the law, irrespective of the girl’s emotions. The LHC upheld the previous decisions and ordered the girl to be handed over to her mother, amid anguished cries of denial from Amna. The girl cried that her father had suffered a heart attack and was under treatment.

enlarge18251.jpg
attachment.php

Source

I don't know how to stop myself from cursing that judge! I hope chief Justice takes notice of this. But I don't see what good will that do. I just saw videos of my sister being dragged away. She was crying so hard. She was screaming. Ya Allaah she kept on saying "Baba Kay pass Jana hai" I want to go to my father.

complex_man

bad decision by marrying a non Muslim and then kidnapping the daughter and taking her to pakistan. in all of this drama , the poor child has suffered. now she will teach her own methods and all these things, i guess in 6 years to come she will try to make her away from islam. what a shame. but as we know , she is under 18 and when a couple is separated. the custody of child goes to the mother. if we had sharia law, this wont happen. again sad story.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaahi wa'Barakatuh,

It is a shame for the child, may Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) improve her circumstances. Ameen.

I don't mean to sound as if I have no sympathy for the father however I have noticed in my area there are brothers who prefer to search/have married non-Muslim partners (whether they will become Muslim is the idea, I don't know but sometimes that doesn't seem to matter). I wonder if their thinking is so premature that they don't consider potential consequences or future scenarios that could possibly destabilise or break the marriage. It should not be a surprise then if the marriage ends because these potential scenarios come to fruition. A common saying is you reap what you sow in the end (I know this sounds harsh) so it should not be surprising if this happens.

(I think I have generalised because this won't happen in every scenario, it is just an observation).

strive-may-i

:wasalam:

Usually the court leans towards mother, in divorce cases. Usually Mother/women have a greater say, influence and presence in house; and also by extension, in child's psyche/personality/religion. Hence, children usually and naturally lean towards mother, unless father is playing a better part. So, its wise to stop, when a potential shows no inclination towards your faith/belief.

They say nowadays love is blind. But Prophet :saw: said it better
“Love makes the man deaf and dumb.” [Abu Dawud]​
And I think love for creator is superior and different from love for a spouse

May Allah, stop us from suffering such disability and guide each of us. May Allah guide this child, give her console and strength. And May the kids childhood pass, without turmoil... Ameen