My Lord! Bestow on them Your mercy

noor_al_islam

Bismillah

وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّـهُ وَبِالْوَلِدَيْنِ إِحْسَـناً إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلاً كَرِيمًا وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُل رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِى صَغِيرًا

And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be excellent to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them, but address them in terms of honor. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: “My Lord! Bestow on them Your mercy as they did bring me up when I was young.” (Isra 17:23-24)

[yt]mNK6h1dfy2o[/yt]

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: َقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّمَ: “إِنَّ الرَّجُلَ لَتُرْفَعُ دَرَجَتُهُ فِي الْجَنَّةِ فَيَقُولُ: أَنَّى لِي هَذَا؟فَيُقَالُ: بِاسْتِغْفَارِ وَلَدِكَ لَكَ”

. ، وابن ماجه (2/1207 ، رقم 3660) ، والبيهقي (7/233 ، رقم 14116). وأخرجه أيضًا: ابن أبى شيبة (6/93 ، رقم 29740) ، والطبراني فى الأوسط (5/210 ، رقم 5108 ) وصححه الألباني في “السلسلة الصحيحة” (4 / 129).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah may Allah be pleased with him who said, The Prophet may Allah’s Peace and Blessings be upon him and his family said: “Indeed A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How is this for me?’ He will be told, ‘By your child’s seeking forgiveness for you.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Lectures:
Shaykh Ibrahim Dremail (May Allah cure him of his sickness): When Your Parents Look up to You

Br Ahmad Sidky: Not Another “Be Good to Your Parents” Lecture

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi: Uncomparable Love