my mother's dead.....and so is a part of me

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:
I dont know how to say this. but my mother died. She died on wednesday....14th of oct. At 1:43 aprox according to doctors. But i dont need their accurate calculations. All i wanted and want is my mom. My mom..my life...my soul...my scent....my...life. I was right there next to her as she departed leaving me helpless and weeiping beside her. Didnt she care about me?....didnt she feel even a little sorry for me??? life is so.....cruel....
im defeted. I wanted to commit suicide ....but it's haram in islam...
I checked her pulse...begged her...shouted at her unconcious frail deathly white body....to not leave me.....
Yes i thing i felt....her little bit of movement as she seemed to grip my hand a little bit tight..and then she was gone.... leaving me in a mess....
make dua....need it this time...and for my ...mom....her name was Helena Mary Johnson.... was ...not any more....
I dont even know if she heard me repeating shahadah.....i cant write anymore. I lose control...plz just make dua.
Any aayah to make me stop crying all the time?? to give me peace...
orphan sis....
amina

rightpath_357

O sis! I'm so sorry! I love u so much! we all care about you. There are lots of other people in the world who care about you to. But I know none of them can take the place of your mother. We will all duaa Insha'Allah. You can du'aa for your mother to go to paradise too. I'm sure she would have stayed with you if she could, but sis, everyone has to go...... :( be strong sis. keep faith.do ur daily prayers. Take long, fresh walks outside - help it soothe ur mind. Sis- we're all with you.

Almaas

Asalaamualaykum,

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon

Ohh Sister I'm so sad to read these words, my heart aches for you.
Sister it really is a test, everything happens for a reason, you have to remember that.

I know it seems impossible now, but time heals pain, I mean it never goes away completely but you learn to handle it. I speak from my own experiences.
In time you will find peace InshAllah.

At such a time, in this state of mind, turn to Allah SWT, He can give you the peace in you heart and mind which you seek. InshAllah.

May Allah SWT grant you strength and courage to continue and give you peace. Ameen.

I can't find a ayah, but I have this hadiths;

"Definitely Allah has taken what belongs to Him. He has given us what belongs to Him. He has stipulated a time for everyone (which He does not chance by impatience or plan). Have patience and hope for reward".

(Bukhari)

A woman may be in mourning for a close relative provided that this lasts only for three days, except for her husband. The Prophet says:
“A woman may not be in mourning for any deceased person for more than three days, except for her husband. She is in mourning for him for four months and ten days. During this time, she does not wear a colorful dress, except of the Asb type, and she does not blacken her eyelashes, wear perfume, uses make up, does her hair except after her period, when she may use a touch of perfume.” (Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Nassaie, Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah.)

Walaykumasalaam.

Mourning For The Dead

We have to distinguish between grief, sorrow and sadness on the one hand and wailing, tearing clothes and physically harming oneself on the other. The first are feelings that one experiences at the loss of a close relative or an intimate friend. The second are physical manifestations of such feelings aimed to show that one is in grief. As far as feelings are concerned, these are experienced by everyone and there is no harm in them. When the Prophet (peace be upon him) lost his son, Ibraheem, he was in tears. He is reported to have said: “The eye is tearful and the heart is saddened and we are in grief for losing you, Ibraheem.” This sums up the natural sadness one feels at the loss of a loved one. In the Hadiths the reader mentions, the Prophet is reported to have wept when Umamah, his granddaughter died in childhood. Saad ibn Ubadah asked him: “Do you weep, Messenger of God? Have you not ordered Zaynab (Umamah’s mother) not to?” He answered: “This is a feeling of compassion God has placed in His servants’ hearts. He bestows mercy on those of His servants that are compassionate.” This means that feelings of sorrow and sadness are perfectly acceptable, provided that grief is coupled with resignation and acceptance of God’s will.

Wailing and other physical and excessive manifestations of sorrow, such as tearing clothes, beating oneself, hitting one’s chest, etc. are strictly forbidden, because they are tantamount to protesting at God’s will. People who wail when they lose a close relative may shout: “To whom are you leaving us?” This is gross indeed. It is as if the deceased had a choice. Besides, how do we prove our faith in God if we were to protest at His action in causing the death of a relative? We should accept His will and pray to Him to bestow mercy on the deceased and to take care of those he left behind.

The Prophet made clear that all such physical manifestations of grief are prohibited. He explained that such actions are a cause of suffering to the deceased. Ibn Umar reports: “When Umar was stabbed, he was unconscious. People cried loud for him. When he came to, he said: “Are you not aware that the Prophet said: ‘A dead person is in torment as a result of wailing by those who are alive.’” (Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

There are other authentic Hadiths stressing the same point. We need to explain here that these Hadiths do not mean that God will punish the deceased for his relatives’ wailing. To suggest this is incompatible with God’s justice, which makes everyone accountable only for his/her own deeds. What the Hadiths mean is that their relatives’ actions are shown to the deceased and he is hurt by them.

The Prophet is quoted as saying: “Your deeds are shown to those of your relatives and kinsfolk who had died. If such deeds are good they are delighted, and if they are not, they pray to God, saying: ‘Please God, do not let them die until You have given them guidance as You had given us.’” (Related by Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi. )

There are numerous Hadiths that make absolutely clear that wailing and similar actions are forbidden. Umm Atiyyah, a lady companion of the Prophet, reports: “The Prophet asked us to pledge that we will never wail.” (Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.) He also said: “Unless a wailing woman repents before she dies, she will have on the Day of Judgment an outfit made of tar and a dress that causes her skin to split.” (Related by Ahmad and Muslim.)

The term ‘mourning’ includes both feelings and apparent signs of it. As we have explained, feelings are acceptable when they are coupled with resignation and acceptance of God’s will. Apparent signs include that a woman refrains from wearing perfume or make up, including blackening eyelashes, and using lipstick and facial powders. A woman may be in mourning for a close relative provided that this lasts only for three days, except for her husband.

The Prophet says: “A woman may not be in mourning for any deceased person for more than three days, except for her husband. She is in mourning for him for four months and ten days. During this time, she does not wear a colorful dress, except of the Asb type, and she does not blacken her eyelashes, wear perfume, uses make up, does her hair except after her period, when she may use a touch of perfume.” (Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Nassaie, Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah.)

Needless to say, the relation between man and wife is a special one. Therefore, a widow is expected to be in such mourning during her waiting period, which is normally four months and ten days.
A man is forbidden to be in such mourning for any length of time. Some people wear a black tie or abstain from shaving if they are clean shaven. Any such manifestation of grief by a man is not permissible.

Idris16

As salam alaykum
im sorry sister. I made du3a even though i didnt reply to your topic. i will make du3a for you. We all will taste death my sister. we die because of car accident, disease, war, drugs, heart attack and many other things. Put your faith in Allaah, my sister.
Allah is our protector.
Wasalam alaykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

Ibrahim_nur

Their patience is founded on trusting Allah

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Allah, the Exalted, says: ‘I have no reward other than Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who remains patient for My sake when I take away his beloved one from among the inhabitants of the world”.
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: Child, wife and parents, etc., are the dearest people to everyone. It is a great sign of Faith to accept their death as the Will of Allah, to bear their loss with patience. Wailing and saying nonsense things show weakness of Faith. The reward of patience on such tragedies is Jannah while the result of impatience is displeasure of Allah

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
assalamualaikum sister AmeliaJohnson.

ALLAH will replace this lost with something much better inshaallah.
May HE grants you paradise and peace in your heart.
You will find your mother in the next life inshaallah.
Read and keep Quran in your heart.

ALLAH is everything for us.

may ALLAH forgive us. may the last word of us be THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH.

ameen.

salahdin

Ina Lilah hay wa Ina Elia Hay Rajayoon be strong. (From Allah we came and to Him we return) Be strong .

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
inna lillahi ve inna ilayhi rajiuun.. ya sister Allah gives patience to you.. be closer to Allah and pray with your heart my dear sister.. inshaallah I ll pray for you and for your mom.. Allah helps you. You arent orphan , we have Allah and imaan with us always inshaallah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalmau allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baaraktuuhu my dear sister

Innah illahi wa inna illahi rajoon

Oh Allah, this is so sad news,wallahi it brought a loots of tears in my eyes :(because I can not imagine how is to loose mother,who was always with you and who you love the way that only mother can be beloved.It is like you lost part of yourselfe. SubhanAllah I can not find words to say how I am sorry my sister,but please be strong and be patiente. Do not forget that even you stay alone without nobody to be there for you,Allah will be there for you always,and duas of all your muslim brothers and sisters. Read Quran,and try to think brighter that maybe your beloved mother will be reworded with Jannah if she took her Shaahadah. Inhsallah it was will of Allah to be like that,and that InshAllah one day you will together forever in Jannah. Allah is the most Greatest and although we may think that something is bad for us,after it comes good for us. It was Allah order and Allahs will to be like that,and I know sister how much you may be sad now that no metter what we say we can not help you,but we can keep you in our duas.

May Allah give my sister patinete and sabr. Oh Allah Almighty please remove all her sadness and pain,and reword her and her beloved mother with Jaanah so that they can always be happy together and under Your Mercy,:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Safiyah_

sister, be strong in this time. She is gone but that doesn't mean u can't see her again.. It's all in the hands of Allah; Keep your trust in him and I'm sure everything will be fine inshaAllah!
This is very difficult time for u, but it's also a test. I know that sounds hard, but I'm tryin to help u.. sorry if I'm not good at it!
If u ever want to talk I will listen. U are my sister in Islaam and i love u like i love all the others here on TTI!
Remember u are not alone

xx (l)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh sister

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon, I am sorry to hear about the death of your mother.

I ask Allaah to give you patience at this time, just remember Allah is the Most Just, and that everything happens for a reason.

Allah make things easier for you sister and make you a strong Muslima. Dont feel negative about what has happened. This is all Allah's decree.

Allah's Apostle (Salallahu alayhi wa salam) said:

"Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (Allah), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it".
Narrated by Suhaib ibn Sinan ar-Rumi (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Muslim transmitted it. Hadith No.5297 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu):
I heard Allah's Apostle (Salallah alayhi wa salam) saying, "Allah said, 'If I deprive my slave of his two beloved things (i.e., his eyes) and he remains patient, I will let him enter Paradise in compensation for them."

Sahih Bukhari transmitted it. Vol 7:#557 of Sahih Bukhari.

So, we may face many good and bad times in our lives, but we must remember that it is a journey. Nothing happens that Allah does not know about. We are given both gifts, blessings and mercies from our Lord just as we are given trials. Yet, the believer is the one who endures with patience. Who accepts all that happens and says, Alhamdulillah, and makes Dua to his Lord.

Allah the Most High said:
And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.).2:155

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabrakatu sister
inna lilahi wa ina ilayhi raje'uun
am really sorry about ur loss sis
may Allah grant u patience through this difficult time
ur in ma duaz
wasalamu alaikum

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister!

Inna lellah, wa inna ilaihe rajeoon
We belong to Allah and to him will we return.

Dear sister, when I was 17 year old, I lost my brother who was 19. He was like my friend. I used to pass by the graveyard where he was buried everyday as it was on my way to school. Sometimes, the pain of his loss would get unbearable.

Then one day, I realised that even I was going to die one day so what if he left a little earlier as nobody is here for eternity.

This little thought changed my whole perspective on this loss. So, dear sister, I don't know what will work for you, but remember that we are all here temporarily and the best abode is with Allah, not here.

May Allah almighty give you patience and ease your pain. Ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2:
I dont know how to say this. but my mother died. She died on wednesday....14th of oct. At 1:43 aprox according to doctors. But i dont need their accurate calculations. All i wanted and want is my mom. My mom..my life...my soul...my scent....my...life. I was right there next to her as she departed leaving me helpless and weeiping beside her. Didnt she care about me?....didnt she feel even a little sorry for me??? life is so.....cruel....
im defeted. I wanted to commit suicide ....but it's haram in islam...
I checked her pulse...begged her...shouted at her unconcious frail deathly white body....to not leave me.....
Yes i thing i felt....her little bit of movement as she seemed to grip my hand a little bit tight..and then she was gone.... leaving me in a mess....
make dua....need it this time...and for my ...mom....her name was Helena Mary Johnson.... was ...not any more....
I dont even know if she heard me repeating shahadah.....i cant write anymore. I lose control...plz just make dua.
Any aayah to make me stop crying all the time?? to give me peace...
orphan sis....
amina

:salam2: BELOVED sister!:hearts:
Ina li Allah waina Ilahi rajioun!
To Allah we belong and to HIM we shall return!
sweeetyy, it was your Moms time to go.......I know it's not easy to forget and let go,
but patience and Allah is all you need to have hope,
Allah is there for you to help you cope
your tears are seen by Him, and He'll help you get out of this grief
just hang in there and never feel lone for you still have your life
a chance to show Allah you can be patient
so He will reward you with heart that is at rest
Though your Mom is gone, you have Allah who loves you more
Just smile and let Him do the rest
for it's only He who can put peace in your heart:hearts:

In all things, always remember to give thanks. You might not be where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be. If it hasn’t happened yet, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Remember a delay is not a denial from God; in His own time, He will make all things beautiful

Somebody once told me… “Be strong. Remember, not everything has a happy ending and endings don’t mean stop! It’s just a way of telling us that there’s a new beginning ahead of us. You should always be ready for the unpredictable and expect the unexpected. It’s easy to fall, hard to get up. But once you’re up and back on track, you will be a better person. That’s the way of life! You don’t just live it, you learn from it.”
:tti_sister: Oh Allah, I ask you to give patience to my beloved sister Amina, let her heart be at ease, make it easy for her to get through this, ya rabana she only has you, and with you she shall never lose hope, so let her cope,
oh Allah make things easier for her, and forgive her of her sins, protect her from any harm or evil, keep her in the path of the rightiousnesss, let her run to you for it's with you where hearts find peace, oh Allah give her patience, oh Allah give her patience, oh Allah give her patience!ameen,ameen,ameen
:hearts:I love you soo much my sweeeett younger sister!:hearts:
HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!:hearts:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum sister,

You know truly i dont have any words that can actually comfort you, this is for sure a really big test for this in this duniya, the only comfort for you lies with your rab Allah (swt)

With every hardship there is a great reward for you in it, we should always remember this world is very temporary and everything in it is fake, the only true thing here is the love of ALlah (swt) who tests his people with hardship so he can bring them.

Sister it was Allah (swt) who gave u the love and the shadow of that mother, but that was such a source of ALlah (swt) love, if he took it away, it doesn't mean his love for you is gone, it increases cuz he wants you to be patient.
He will give you love from everywhere, please be patient my sister.
You are a wonderful Muslimah, hold strong to the rope of Allah (swt).

May Allah (swt) heal your pain and give you patience - ameen

abdellah007

Inna lilahi wa illa ilayhi raji3on

Sister be strong, I also lost my father a year ago, crying shouting weeping will not help, remember our beloved prophet who had never seen his dad and lost his mom when he was a kid.

May allah bless our beloved ones ameen

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum dear sister, I am so very sorry to hear of your mothers passing. May Allah (SWT) give you strength to overcome this ameen. We are here for you if you need anything Insha Allah.