Name you future children...!?, Arabic names...!

Ferrari1981

Name your future kids

I’m praying to Allah (swt) if I ever marry with 2 kids (boy and girl). I may name them (Arabic names only):

Girls:
Aliyah - Exaulted, elevated, highest social standing
Aminah - Trustworthy, faithful, secure; name of the mother of the Prophet
Fatima - Accustom; daughter of the Prophet
Farah - Joy, cheerfulness
Maryam - Arabic form of "Mary"; Mother of Jesus
Rabi'ah - Garden, springtime
Zaynab - an ornamented tree; name of the daughter of the Prophet

Boys:
Abdul-Rahman - Servant of the Beneficent
Adam
Dawud - Beloved; a Prophet's name (David)
Farooq Junior - One who distinguishes truth from falsehood
Abdullah - Servant of God
Isma'il - A Prophet's name (Ishmael)
Ibrahim - Father of a multitude; a Prophet's name (Abraham)
Ilias - A Prophet's name (Elijah)
Mustafa - Chosen; one of the Prophet's names
Zakariyya - A Prophet's name (Zakaria)

Id give my future wife the decision too but only arabic names lol not typical south asian names!!!! The names will be chosen by me or my wife not my parents or grandparents, then depending on my wife i may send my kids to an islamic school!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing.

Although, they may be Arabic names, they are not necessarily Islamic. Except the Prophet's names, and the names of the companions. I mean, you will get Christian Arabs with names similar to those, but they will not pick something like Abdullah or AbdulRahman etc... or Muhammad!

"The most beloved of your names to Allah - the Mighty and Magnificent - are 'Abdullah and 'Abdur-Rahman" (Reported by Muslim & Abu Dawud)

"Call yourselves by the names of the Prophets." (Part of a Hadith reported by Ahmed & Abu Dawud)

"A son was born to me this night and I called him after my forefather Ibrahim." (Muslim & Abu Dawud)

This also used to be practiced by the Bani Israel as the Prophet :saw: informed us and approved of with his saying:

"They used to name their children after the Prophets and the pious people who came before them." (Muslim)

But, of course, having these names is not obligatory, and there is no harm in choosing any name as long as it is not a bad name. Because there are also hadith, in which the Prophet instructed some of his followers to change their names.

Ibn 'Umar said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, changed a woman's name from 'Asiya (rebellious), saying, "You are Jamila (beautiful)." (Bukhari)

Anyway, Jazakallahu Khayr for this topic..... you do mention marriage a lot bro! InshaAllah, i ask Allah to make you happy in this life and the next.

Wasalam.

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
Hamza was known as the lion of Allah (Arabic: أسد الله) and the lion of Heaven (Arabic: أسد الجنة) for his bravery. Among the champions of early Islam, few have rivaled his reputation in battle.

all my love and respekct to ur brother.

:wasalam:

:salam2:
Thank you brother Beko
Yes Hamza 'amo Arassol :saw:, the uncle of the prophet :saw:

My uncle is the one who choose this name for my brother
Subhanallah, i just talked to my little brother he is living in morocco:)

3assal

for a girl i would like Khadija Name of Prophet Muhammad's wife

or

Iman Faith; Belief

for boy

Abdul-Hikam Servant of the Wise

or

Abdul-Kareem Servant of the Noble, Generous

or Ameer Ruler, Prince :D

i dont agree with the translation for this name

Thuraya Star

it is much more than one star! they are seven! and in english it means Pleiades :D :D

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
:mashallah:

so many kids sister LOL just kidding.

very beautyful names, may ALLAH (swt) bless u whit many kids INSALLAH.

girl AMEENA i just love that name;)
boy HAMZA:bananabb2in:

3assal

Beko29 said:
:mashallah:

so many kids sister LOL just kidding.

very beautyful names, may ALLAH (swt) bless u whit many kids INSALLAH.

girl AMEENA i just love that name;)
boy HAMZA:bananabb2in:

haha i just want two kids, Allah (swt) knows indeed how many I will really have. I am not sure of what names I will give them :confused: so i picked 2 for boys 2 for girls just incase .. :bananabb2in:

you picked great names :)

dear Brother may Allah Grant you children

Ferrari1981 said:
Name your future kids

I’m praying to Allah (swt) if I ever marry with 2 kids (boy and girl). I may name them (Arabic names only)...then depending on my wife i may send my kids to an islamic school!

Assalamu Alaikum good Bro,

Alhamdulillah Rabb ul-Alamin, you are planning a family and have established a great list of very beautiful names. Masha' Allah (though it should come as no suprise, it is such a good name and meaning) one of your names Aminah is also a name that me and my wife are hoping to use, Insha' Allah.
Alhamdulillah, we are going to have a child, and Allah Knows Best. We hope for a lil' Muslimah BUT Allah is All-Wise and Knowing and our Rizq is with Him, Alhamdulillah. Another name we like too is Amirah..... i've always liked the Kunya of Abu Aminah (like Sh. Dr. Bilal Phillips).
On the topic of schools, please dear Brother as a lecturer (of staff) and a teacher of english (to children) at an Islamic School in Indonesia, it is fair to say that there is NO comparrison. By Allah, even the 'best of' secular schools, no matter how well their intention, cannot help reinforce nor help teach the moral standards necessary for the people of today, let alone al-Muminun.
Jazak'Allahu khairan and thanx for the extra names-list.

Wa Alaikum Salam, Shahid

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Salamalikum.

Just curious, sis, why only say two kids? remember Allah said, that He gives children. for some people He gives only boys for some poeple He gives only girls for some poeple He gives both boys and girls and for some He gives non. Children are gift from Allah so except whatever Allah give you.:tti_sister:

Alhamdulilah I am blessed with four, two boys and two girls.:hearts:

for names, Abu-Bakr, Omar, Ali, Osman, Fatima, Maryama, Khadija, Asiya.

Yahya1819

My name is YAHYA and MY Big Brother name is Zakariya. I like all the prophets name. Inshallah If Allah gives me a daughter I would name her:

Aisha Or Fatimah

If Allah gives me a Son I would name Him:

Al-Yasa (Prophets Name)

or

Ilyas

falasteenrose

My names!!!

I am blessed with 7 kids al7amdulillah, there names are in order of age... Amina.. Hanaa... Al-Harith.. Safiyyah.. Ibrahim.. Mohammed and last my little Usama.. May Allah bless them and protect them.
If i was to have any other kids which i pray to Allah that i do.. i would name them maryam and ahmed or yasin.
Allah bless and protect u all
Your sister in islam
Falasteenrose

Razia

Salaams

:shake:

Come to think of it now..I don't know why I only wrote 2 names down!I guess they're my favourite!!..i love children...I would love to have more than 2 inshallah!!..Allah knows best..

I also love the names Aadam, Ishaaq, Imaan, Aaishah, Maryam

By the way I've got no clue what my name means..Razia..:girl3: