neeb help please

Asalamalakum dear brothers and sisters,

I have 2 questions I need help with:
The first is that alumdullillah my wife wants to imbrace islam but the only thing that is keeping her from it is the fact that she doesnt want to wear hajab. She has a problem 4 some reason about covering her head. One is that she feels uncomfortable about people stareing at her and saying bad things to her. I dont know any other reasons but she says there are more. What do I do? I want her to become Muslum and be right in the sight of Allah but what do I do about her not wanting to wear hajab? Do I let her go through with the convertion and inshallah one day she will wear it or what I am at a loss.

The second is I have a friend that has just imbraced Islam and now he has a ? about a tattoo that is on his arm of a cross. Should he go and see if he can get it removed or leave it. Is haveing a cross on your skin a sin?

Please help me. Thank you

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

First of all, if your wife understands Islam, loves Allah and the Messenger :saw: she should take Shahada as soon as possible. A person can be Muslim even if they do not wear hijab!

To become Muslim is most important thing for her to do, to have belief in Allah and the Messenger, inshaAllah her iman will increase and she will understand and learn about Islam and wear the hijab.

But, the priority for every Muslim is to have sound Aqeedah (Islamic Creed/belief in Allah). Like many aspects of Islam we need good grounding in our beliefs. The Hijab should not be something to stop someone from becoming a Muslim. :)

Tips for Beginning to Wear Hijab

Ruling on leaving a tattoo on the body or a gold tooth after finding out that it is haraam

muslim786

sllam brother 1st of all i think dat alhamdullila dat his wife is thinking of converting but nt wearing her hijab is wrong u r nt here to expreess ur beauty u r here to get 2 da hereafter i no want ppl say wen dey us muslims dressed der way we r but whu cares because we r doing this in dA AID OF ALLAH SWT N HAVING A TATOOE IS HARAM ASLLAM.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah hi'Rahman ni'Raheem,

In the Name of Allah i begin and i return upon you the greetings of peace,

Respected Brother, Wa'alaikum'Assalam wa'Rahmatullahi wa'Barakatuhu

please allow me to give you some advise Insha'Allah;

Dear Brother, the main thing is to keep Sabr! Please remember that you married your wife whilst she WASNT in hijaab. If now she is considering Islam, then be there for her and Insha'Allah help her to take her Shahada.....DO NOT force the hijaab on her as it is something new to her. Be patient with her Insha'Allah and continue to advice her Insha'Allah.

Brother one of my Teachers' told me a story of the past, and it goes something like this; "There was once a lady at the time of our Prophet (Peace be upon him) and she used to steal all the time. The people around her were very worried and told the prophet (peace be upon him) about her. He Alayhis sallatu wassalam asked them "Does the lady pray (as in Salah)?" the people replied "Yes she does" then Alayhis sallatu wassalam said "Leave her! Her love for the Salah will make her stop stealing one day Insha'Allah"

:subhanallah: and thats exactly what had happened!
based around this, Brother; help your wife to embrace Islam and help her to establish the Salah. Insha'Allah one day she will fall in love with the Salah and this love will cause her to wear her Hijaab Fi'Sabilillah.

Remember that Whom so ever Allah guides, none can lead astray; and Whom so ever Allah leads astray, none can ever guide!
May Allah keep us all guided Ameen.

please be patient with her, May Allah make things easy for you, your wife and us all; Ameen Ya Rabb!

I leave you in the View of Ar-Raheem
Ma'Salama

your sister in Islam.....

nrshm

Assalamualaikum and Alhamdulillah that your wife wants to embrace Islam.

I agree with what brother Masboot and sister Ma'Salama said. You have to be patient when dealing with this situation. Psycologically it is hard for one to suddenly adopt to a new changes in their lives. Give as much help and assistance to her and do not force her at this point of time because it is afraid that it might turn her aqeedah, instead of doing it for Allah the almighty but doing it because you asked her to (Na'uzubillah).

As to your friend, I have a question. How does he feel when he's embracing Islam, he pray but yet he have tattoo of a cross symbol on his body?

thank you

Dear bothers and sisters, Asalamalakum.

Thank you for the wonderful advise, may Allah(SWT) reward you, greatly. I will and am giving my wife full sopport and helping her. I know that inshallah one day she will wear hajab. I know that Allah will guide her. I remember when I embraced Islam and there were somethings that I had difficulty with but alhumdulillah Allah guides me and my, for lack of the right word, spirital awarness increased and these things no longer were difficul or a stubbleing block.
As to the Question from nrshm I am sorry but I dont understand your question. The Tattoo doesnt bother him, he feels that Allah SWT still will hear his prayers but he is more worried i guess about his fellow brothers and sisters because it is a tattoo that can be seen. He has a cross on the back of his neck and one on the back of his hand. Will haveing these tattoos prevent him from going to paradise and from being a Muslim. Should he spend thousands of dollars to get them removed, the only way he can do that is get a loan and if im not badly mistaken things such as loand with intrest are forbidden for us.

Also I have one more question on the subject of credit. I bought a vehicle through the bank with credit before i came to islam. What should I do because intrest is frowned upon in Islam. I dont have the money to pay it off but if i sell it I have no car. Please give me advise on this matter
Thank you
Asalamalakum

nrshm

Assalamualaikum..
Brother Abdullah Mujahid my question earlier was actually refer to how deas he feels and I didn't know that the tattoo was visible. As brother Mabsoot had already mentioned that tattoo is actually haram in islam but I don't blame him since he had the tattoo since before he convert. I wass surprised when you mentioned that the cost for removing the tattoo is so expensive in Germany. In my country I think the cost won't be that much.

My personal advice is try to save up some money for that purpose (removing the tattoo). I don't believe in applying loan just to spend on such thing. Try to cover the tattoo for the time being. Again this is just my personal advice, because to me personally I don't like to put myself into debt and islam also discourage it.

As to the problem about your car, isn't there any bank in your place which at least have an islamic banking system. Since some of the international bank which operated here in my country (Malaysia) have an Islamic Banking department, like Citibank, Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Corporation, Standard Chartered Bank, I'm not sure about Deutche Bank here in Malaysia have Islamic Banking division. If you're lucky maybe you can re-finance your car with the islamic hire-purchase system.

regards
nrshm