Need an advice

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Esselamu alejkum

I need to know your opinion, I usually pray salatul aisha and fajr with long suras, but I cannot recite them without closing my eyes, when I open my eyes I do not remember them. Do you have any idea what should I do?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

we should keep our eyes open while in salah but if you really cant concentrate without closing them, then its allowed to keep them close.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

I think it is advised to concentrate our vision at the place of prostration(Sajjudah) while praying.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have always been educated by Believing Sisters to keep my eyes open during salat. I do not have an explanation or source. It was passed on as mothers' wit ( that which we learn from family and culture..that which is passed down as truth). That which is so elementary that we do not question; it is understood.

Kakorot

If you can't concentrate and get too distracted, then it is allowed for you to close your eyes but obviously open your eyes when going ruku and sujood.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

Its better if you keep them open as its part of Sunnah. But if keeping your eyes opened is distracting you then you can close them to concentrate.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Esselamu alejkum to all of you
Thank you all of you for your advices I have tried many times to recite with open eyes long suras but I couldn't do it. However I will try again. May ALL-LLAH swt reward all of you for your posts.
Wesselamu alejkum we rahmetull-llah