NEED ANSWERS, PLZ HELP

Isir

Salaam everyone

I need some answers to what some non muslim guy asked me and i ain't got the slightest idea how to answer him, hope you can help. i am going to write the questions in a list.

1. is charity form a Muslim restricted to only Muslim, plz provide evidence from hadith or the quran.

2. Honor killng is haraam right so why does this quranic verse prove otherwise.

And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
( سورة الفرقان , Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #68)

What is the 'just' course of Allah?

3. Suppression of cultures is not allowed in Islam right, why does this quranic verse proove otherwise.

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #193)

(What is the manner in which Muslims understand "if they cease", and this appears to be limited- not for every non-Muslim?

4. Who can give death fatwas and fatwas as a whole?

Thanks and Salaam, btw its urgent so please reply.

Praise2Allah

no charity is not only for muslims as the prophet himself pbuh gave non muslims. i cant help with the hadith though.

as for the honour killings, that verse has nothing to do with it, just read the Tafsir of that verse, what the scholars had to say about it and ull see. hopefully the brothers or sisters here will help.

as for ur third question, where exactly does that verse prove that supression of cultures is part of islam :s first this was revealed specifically against the pagan meccans who broke the peace treaty with the muslims. second, the verse clearly says

But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

hopefully the rest the brothers n sisters will help u better,.

but as for ur q about death fatwas, no one can issue a death fatwa. no one. we only look at the hadiths and the case of the person facing one. if the prophet pbuh said so in the hadith then ok. if not, then we cant now can we.

SalmanFarsi

Salaam alaikum,
I’m by no means a scholar. I’m only responding to tell you what I have heard from others and whatever little I know. By no means should you take this as final word. But inshallah you will get more responses in this thread and hopefully it will become more clearn.

• in islam, there is zakat [tax] and sadaqa [alms]. I have never seen a hadith on sadaqa that says don’t categorizes those who are deserving by religion and says whom to give.
As for the zakat, from what I understand, all schools of thoughts say they should be given to muslims in certain categories:

Here’s an aya in this regard:
"They ask you (O Muhammad) what they should spend in charity. Say: 'Whatever you spend with a good heart, give it to parents, relatives, orphans, the helpless, and travellers in need. Whatever good you do, God is aware of it.'" - The Holy Quran, 2:215
As you can see, religion is not mentioned here…but this may not be the final decision as there might be a hadith explaning it.

• That aya is referring to death sentence for those who are MARRIED and commit illegal sexual intercourse with the other person.
So I’m missing the part where you are tying it to honor killings…plus, that punishment can only be carried out by a qazi [judge] who is an Alim in Islam [i.e. has spent like 10 years studying the deen and has lots of wisdome]. So a brother killing a sister for whatever it maybe, even if its sexual intercourse and she is married, maybe committing murder himself as he is not a judge.
Only a Judge can determine what is a “Just” cause in each unique case.

• I think Fitna has a much broader meaning then what’s mentioned in that translation. But I don’t know much in this regard, I just know that if the country is ruled by sharia, then non-muslims can live freely and are entitled equally to all rights. However, they must pay tax. In a case where a non-muslim is hurt or his property is damaged by muslims, and the local authority fails to protect him, then he is due back his taxes that he paid. [i.e. IRAN has a Jewish congressman]

• a Mufti can give a fatwa. To become a mufti, you have to memorize the quran and also memorize all books of Hadeeth. Now adays it takes about 8 to 10 years to become a Mufti. A pre-requisite for becoming a Qazi [judge] is to be a Mufti first.

And Allah knows best. May he forgive anything I may have said that is not correct as my intention is not to do so.

Walhamdulilahi rabeel alameen

Salman

Isir

Thanks to both of you for your rpelies anyways just like to ask is giving death fatwas halaal, someone told me you can't give a death fatwa.

thanks anyways.
Salaam.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

>>1. is charity form a Muslim restricted to only Muslim, plz provide evidence from hadith or the quran.

You should always have something special for your Muslim brothers and sisters as compared to nonMuslims. According to one Hadith, Muslims feel warmth for each while they be somewhat strict on nonMuslims. But yes, when some nonMuslim is in trouble then you should help him out, but you can not give preference to him/her over your Muslim brothers and sisters, you can not share any secrets with him/her over your Muslim brothers and sisters.
If nonMuslim is in touble then you can help him/her out, but you should not yourself go to him to start giving him/her the help which even they did not even think about. I give you example:

I am in a nonMuslim country where Muslims are very small minority. I am university student where more than 96% people are nonMuslims. Here a Muslim sister who is a student, she sent an email about to tell all the university students that they can download free research papers from such such websites till such such date.

Upon this, I became really angry. Why? Because we are in a technological/social competition with nonMuslim nations. We Muslims are at cold war in education and research. Nobody in our university ever shares such academic help, people feel professionally very my jealous. They manage their study and research possessively, then in such an environment a Muslim sister should send email to her Muslim community group so that they can move forward in academic work in competition with nonMuslim students. But unfortunately that sister does not understand a damn thing. It took me lot of time to put this thing in her mind and ask her if she has anything special to give to her Muslim brothers and sisters which did not give to nonMuslims? She did not have answer to that.

Moral: You dont have to treat Muslims and nonMuslim equally, specially when nonMuslims are friends of each other and are in competition with Muslim nations, and not only that, they are overcoming and occupying our lands and killing and doing massacres. Just be wise and move forward, be straight and do well with nonMuslims too, but dont prefer them over Muslims.

>>2. Honor killng is haraam right so why does this quranic verse prove otherwise.
And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
( سورة الفرقان , Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #68)

Punishment and killing is done only through the state's authority. Its not for individuals. Only an Islamic government has the right to penalize anyone and punish anyone.

What is the 'just' course of Allah?

3. Suppression of cultures is not allowed in Islam right, why does this quranic verse proove otherwise.

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimoon (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

(What is the manner in which Muslims understand "if they cease", and this appears to be limited- not for every non-Muslim?

This quranic verse tells that Islam is to overcome as system. It is not to kill and punish anyone who is disbeliever, but Islam must be implement as a system , as a social, moral and ruling system.

"Fitnah"? What is fitnah? It is the evil spread by the notion of satan. Any robber, thief, people showing their naked bodies in the name of freedom of speech, abusing the people who believe in God, no punishment for fornication/adultry, no punishment for death penalty except few months/years of prison, making every sin easier, making every good deed tough to act upon. These are all fitnahs, that is why the only solution is Islam. The nonbelievers can practice their false religion at individual level, but rule of law will be from Islam. Unfortunately, Muslims are in a bad condition now a days, then cant save their own countries and they can even implement Shariah in their own coutries, yet implementing Islamic law in a nonMuslim country is much much unthinkable at the moment.

4. Who can give death fatwas and fatwas as a whole?

Qazi, the Muslim Judge under the Islamic rule, or a Islamic scholastic advisor to the Muslim ruler or Islamic government. No individual can have the right to kill anyone else. But what will you do if somebody has entered your house to kill your mother or father? Of course there are some exceptions to kill in defense or for some justified reason.

kayleigh

You should mention to him that Al-Furqan isn't reliable. It has been edited to include elements of the trinity and other things in it. There was an e-mail chain letter going around awhile back and I'm sure its been posted on here before. I think it was produced by Americans and sold to Jordanian schools or something like that, but I can't remember the specifics.