Need help for a new sister

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
Salam .

I found this on the a website.A islamic sister is facing some problem which is common to newly reverted sisters.Kindly guide her .I am pasting the link :

http://www.islam.com/reply.asp?id=807154&ct=10&mn=807154

Regards,
Javi
--------------------------------------------
Help: Family Hates Islam & Muslims!
Posted by _Thanaa_ on Thursday, September 14, 2006
Comment:
I just wanted to ask what advice people could give me concerning my family...
I live in North Wales, and so I havent been able to find anyone to help me learn to perform Wudu, or to pray.
The really big problem that I have though, is my family.
They really dont like Islam, or Muslims.
The last time they discussed the subject of Islam (you know, how were all terrorists), their opinion was that all Muslims should have to travel on segregated aeroplanes, etc. so that they can only blow each other up.
They know Im interested in Islam, but refuse to be civil about it.
My mum even told me a few weeks ago, that If I ever came home in a Hijab (ie. became a 'proper' muslimah), she'd throw me out.
I intend to revert fully, whatever my parents think, because this is the best faith for me.
How can I not at least try to follow it?
I dont know what to do.
My family are not going to change their minds...
I need some advice then Has anyone else been through a similar experience?

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa Barakatu

asalam Alakum,
first off i want to welcome you to islam and i pray to Allah to guide you all the way.
No, i havent been throught that experience. However, i have a puerto rican friend who converted into islam and her parents didnt like that. Her parents did try to kick her out of the house many times, but she was strong and showed her parents that noone could take islam away from her. she expressed her feelings toward them and told them what islam truely is. Sooner or later her parents excepted the fact that she became Muslim. They also attend some islamic events with her even though they dont agree with Islam. She always makes duaa for them and Allah is opens their heart for their daughter. And Insha Allah, he could do the same for your parents, ask Allah to help you.
Just take it one step at a time, explain to them that islam is misunderstood. Just because one person acts bad doesnt mean judge the whole religion based on that person.
i hope i was a little help to you. Ill try to talk to my friend and get more info about her experience and ill get back to you.

an-Nur

hey im going through the same problem you are. if u want to talk about it just for the sake of needing someone to talk to who is going thru similar issues ....

Wasalamu Alaykum