Need Help with Possible Changing of Religion

Amber

:confused: I just have some questions I need help with about possiable changing my religin.Im unsure how to and I need help deciding

samiha

---------
Staff member
hello Amber, I hope everyone here can help you with your questions.

I just moved this here because I felt it would get more attention and help.

I would really help more but I have to go... I'm sorry. :(

Tahar

Assalam-Alaikoum (Greeting)

Reversion to Islam is very easy, all you have to do is utter two sentences in which you declare that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his prophet and messenger. The only condition is you should have conviction in your faith. It is as easy as that.

Don't worry about the rest for now (like how to pray and the like.) We can discuss that later. You have just been through the most difficult step. And you sound like you did very well. If you have any other questions, I would like to help. I am very happy for you.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:confused: I just have some questions I need help with about possiable changing my religin.Im unsure how to and I need help deciding

:salam2:
Not sure if you want to convert (or rather, revert) to Islam, but to exit Christianity (as I have done), you just anounce and believe in your heart that you don't want to be a Christian. That's how to exit any religion, actually.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Bismillah,

Islam is a message to all mankind, to sumbit themselves to worshipping Allah alone. He is the only one God, the sole creator of the universe. To be a Muslim, you must simply believe that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is his final Messenger.

If you believe this in your heart, then you are already a Muslim by heart, alhamdulillah. What follows is to also have the actions and follow what Islam teaches.

Majority of the people on this forum are not Arabs. Infact, many are European or American like yourself. Islam does not discriminate race, culture or background.

Infact, Arabs represent are the minority in the Muslim world, there are many more Muslims in Indonesia, India, China, Russia and also Europe. There are predominantly Muslim countries in Europe such as Bosnia and Albania.

Allah says in the Quran:

"O mankind, verily We have created you from a male and a female, and made you peoples and tribes, so that you may recognize each other. Verily, the most honored of you to Allah is (he who) safeguards himself against evil with full awareness of Divine Laws. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." [Surah Al Hujurat (49): ayah 13]

The Prophet :saw: Also said:
"An Arab is no better than a non-Arab. In return, a non-Arab is no better than an Arab. A red raced man was not better than a black one except in piety. Mankind are all Adam's children and Adam was created out of clay."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Abu Musa]

The Prophet :saw: ensured that his companions were all equal. He gave the freed black Ethiopian slave Bilal, the great position of being the Muezzin (caller to the prayer) of the Muslims. He also had companions who were not Arab, such as Suhaib al Rumi (Suhaib the Roman) and Salman al Farsi (Salman the Persian).

Consider for a moment that the Prophet :saw: came from the most noble family of the tribe of Quraish. He was nephew of the most Elder and respected Chief of the Tribe. He was from a family of great power and prestige..... At that time 1400 years ago, no man would have called a black ethiopian slave "his brother"... The Prophet :saw: in all his compassion and wisdom which God gave him, taught the people humanity and compassion.

The Prophet :saw: also said:
"Every Muslim is a brother to a Muslim, neither wronging him nor allowing him to be wronged. And if anyone helps his brother in need, Allah will help him in his own need; and if anyone removes a calamity from [another] Muslim, Allah will remove from him some of the calamities of the Day of Resurrection; and if anyone shields [another] Muslim from disgrace, Allah will shield him from the disgrace on the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari
and Muslim, on the authority of `Abd Allah ibn `Umar]

As for leaving Christianity and not calling yourself a Christian. There is no need to be worried by this. Firstly, Isa (Jesus) peace be upon him, never called himself a Christian. The word Christian is something that came long time after the Prophet Isa (Jesus).

Islam is not a new religion! It is a message. A message to believe in only Allah and to worship him alone without associating any partners with him!. It is a simple and clear message that God revealed to mankind for many generations through his Prophets. From Adam through to Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and finally Muhammad :saw:. Muhammad :saw: was final seal of the Prophets. A Muslim is someone who follows Islam. i.e. submits to God and worships him alone. Abraham, Jesus and all the Prophets were therfore Muslims.

The Quran was the miracle revealed unto Muhammad :saw:. Never changing, forever perfectly preserved and beyond comparison, direct revelation from God. In it is the clear message of worshipping Allah alone without associating any partners with him. A clarification of where the Christian people went astray and associated partners with Allah by adding and taking away from the bible and innovating in the religion. So much so, that nowadays many Christians ask help from Mary or from Jesus who many call "God". For example, the Catholics say their "Hail Marys" and they pray to Mary, Jesus or any of the many saints that they have. - This is not what Jesus taught nor is it what God wanted.

We only need to pray to God. He is the all powerful, the all hearing, he will hear the prayers of all, from the weakest and most poverty stricken to the rich and powerful. Everyone has the chance to access God through their prayers.

"The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (Qur'an 3:19)

In another verse of the Holy Qur'an, Allah states:
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost." (Qur'an 3:85)

The correct way to do so is by Islam. For Islam is the perfect and only Message which shows people.

Islam gives you true belief in your creator and sets out how he intended for his creation to live. It will benefit you both in this life and in the next. The reward being to be content spiritually by knowing that you were guided along the truth, that you were able to worship God properly, that you were able to thank your creator for all the blessings you and all of us have. And the ultimate reward for a believer is to actually see the face of Allah in paradise. May he make us amongst those who reach Jannatul Firdaus, the highest level of paradise.

{And obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may obtain mercy. And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2).} The Noble Qur'an - Al-'Imran 3:132-133

Allah also said:​

"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it." Hadith - Qudsi 34

Hadith - Sahih Muslim (3/1340) and Ahmad (2/367)
The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Indeed Allah is pleased with three things: That you worship Allah alone without associating any partner along with Him; that you hold fast altogether to the Rope of Allah and not to become split-up; and that you give sincere advise to whomever Allah put in charge of your affairs.”​

If you have any questions feel free to ask here, we'll help you inshaAllah. Please see the link below and also in the signature

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam, TAwheed and Aqeedah

acedoc

How to become muslim

Hi Amber,

All one has to do to become a muslim is be sincere and tesitfy with sincerity that he/she

He/she should verbally testify with whole-hearted sincerity, "There is NO god except Allah and Mohammad (peace be upon him) is His final and last prophet". You do NOT need to have any witnesses to thius testimony. The sooner you do it better off you are. However, it is truly a "religous" experience to do in presence of other muslims. It certainly a rejuvinating experince for us "born muslims" to see another human embraces Islam. You can find an Islamic center closest to you pretty much anywhere in the world using this web-site:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/index.php?lang=english&home=2006-9-19

There are however some condition for this testimony. Which although need not to be verbally repeated but this new muslim must affirm in his/her heart.

The Conditions of the Testimony of Faith

Question:
What are the conditions of the testimony of faith?

Answer:

There are seven conditions of the testimony of Faith :

Knowledge which negates ignorance.
Certainty which negates doubt.
Sincerity and purity of intent which negates shirk.
Truthfulness which negates hypocrisy.
Love and devotion which negates disdain of Allah’s religion.
Submission which negates disobedience.
Acceptance which negates rejection or denial.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Of course, if you want to convert to Islam:

To convert to Islam, say and believe this simple phrase: "There is no God save Allah, and Muhammad is His slave and messenger".

shadykan

Welcome Sister!!

Do not hesitate to ask any question that goes through your mind.

Everybody here will delighted to help you inshallah...

And remember, Islam is a religion of ease not difficulty !!!!