Need to make up missed prayers

Anas_L

Young Muslim
Salamu Alaykum

I need to know a list of every time a sunnah prayer is available so I can start making up all my missed prayers. I know I've missed many many prayers, sometimes even deliberately out of laziness.

Also, is there a way of calculating how many prayers you've missed? If not, is it best to continue doing Sunnah prayers until I'm old or to stop when I think I've made them all up?

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
:bismillah:

Wa 'alaikum salaam Akhi,

They are as follow:

Rakahs of Salah Chart
Fajr
-2 Sunnah
-2 Fard

Dhur
-4 Sunnah
-4 Fard
-2 Sunnah
-2 Nafl

Asr
-4 Sunnah
-4 Fard

Maghrib
- No sunnah before the Fard prayer
- 3 Fard
- 2 Sunnah
- 2 Nafl

Isha
- 4 Sunnah
- 4 Fard
- 2 Sunnah
- 2 Nafl
- 3 Witr
- 2 Nafl

http://www.journeytojannah.com/The-Second-Pillar-of-Islam-Salah.asp ( Rakahs of Salat Chart)

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1226&CATE=4 ( Detailed Exposition on the Sunnah Prayers)

Keep doing the sunnah prayers as they are many benefits and rewards of doing it. I'll state some below through what the hadiths say.

(1) .and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary deeds) until I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My Protection, I will protect him..." (Bukhari)
(2) Umm Habiba, the wife of the Apostle of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم), reported Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) as saying:

If any Muslim servant (of Allaah) prays for the sake of Allaah twelve rak’ahs (of Sun’an) every day, over and above the obligatory ones, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise, or a house will be built for him in Paradise; and I have not abandoned to observe the in after (hearing it from the Messenger of Allaah). (So said also ‘Amr and Nu’man.) (Muslim Book #004, Hadith #1581)

May Allah (SWT) help you in praying all of the five daily prayers, and increase you in the love of the salah. Ameen :D.

Last edited:

friend263

Wuote="Amir al-Mu'minin, post: 609846, member: 109446"]:bismillah:

Wa 'alaikum salaam Akhi,

They are as follow:

Fajr: Before starting the prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Duhr: Before starting the prayer - 4 rakat sunnah / After the obligatory prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Asr: Before starting the prayer - 4 rakat sunnah / None after

Maghrib: Between the Adhan and the Eqama - 2 rakat sunnah/ After the obligatory prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Isha: Before starting the prayer - 2 rakat sunnah / After the obligatory prayer- 2 rakats

Keep doing the sunnah prayers as they are many benefits and rewards of doing it. I'll state some below through what the hadiths say.

(1) .and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary deeds) until I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My Protection, I will protect him..." (Bukhari)
(2) Umm Habiba, the wife of the Apostle of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم), reported Allaah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) as saying:

If any Muslim servant (of Allaah) prays for the sake of Allaah twelve rak’ahs (of Sun’an) every day, over and above the obligatory ones, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise, or a house will be built for him in Paradise; and I have not abandoned to observe the in after (hearing it from the Messenger of Allaah). (So said also ‘Amr and Nu’man.) (Muslim Book #004, Hadith #1581)

May Allah (SWT) help you in praying all of the five daily prayers, and increase you in the love of the salah. Ameen :D.[/quote]
W Assalamuallaikum resprcted brotherci have a confusion.here in magrib there are are totsl 7 raka
hsc3 fard 2sunnah annd 2nawwfil but h?ere u have mention?eed that there are two sunnah before the azan and the iqama which i think means before fard salah and two after that correct me if im wrong but how? Also i have read abouta hadith in which it is mentioned that allah subhanawatala will build a house in aparadise fir his slave if he prays twelve rakahs other than the fard prayers im sorry i didnt remeber the hadid number sorry but have read it here in tti only and theybare as follows 2rakahs before fajr four before the fard salah of duhur and two after that two rakahs after magrib and two afeter the fard salah of isha.. so am i correct? Also please tell me why are salahs divided in fard sunnah and nawafil amd how many types of fard sunnah and nawafil are there please help..

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
Wuote="Amir al-Mu'minin, post: 609846, member: 109446"]:bismillah:

Wa 'alaikum salaam Akhi,

They are as follow:

Fajr: Before starting the prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Duhr: Before starting the prayer - 4 rakat sunnah / After the obligatory prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Asr: Before starting the prayer - 4 rakat sunnah / None after

Maghrib: Between the Adhan and the Eqama - 2 rakat sunnah/ After the obligatory prayer - 2 rakat sunnah

Isha: Before starting the prayer - 2 rakat sunnah / After the obligatory prayer- 2 rakats

May Allah (SWT) help you in praying all of the five daily prayers, and increase you in the love of the salah. Ameen :D.
W Assalamuallaikum resprcted brotherci have a confusion.here in magrib there are are totsl 7 raka
hsc3 fard 2sunnah annd 2nawwfil but h?ere u have mention?eed that there are two sunnah before the azan and the iqama which i think means before fard salah and two after that correct me if im wrong but how? Also i have read abouta hadith in which it is mentioned that allah subhanawatala will build a house in aparadise fir his slave if he prays twelve rakahs other than the fard prayers im sorry i didnt remeber the hadid number sorry but have read it here in tti only and theybare as follows 2rakahs before fajr four before the fard salah of duhur and two after that two rakahs after magrib and two afeter the fard salah of isha.. so am i correct? Also please tell me why are salahs divided in fard sunnah and nawafil amd how many types of fard sunnah and nawafil are there please help..[/quote]

:salam:

Sorry for the confusion. Read these two articles below and I think that might clear up your confusion.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1226&CATE=4

http://www.journeytojannah.com/The-Second-Pillar-of-Islam-Salah.asp ( Salah chart including nawafil and sunnah)

Where I got my information is from my teacher and it is somewhat on par with what the articles are going to tell you. Brother Anas read these articles also. Jazakallah Khair for pointing that out.

Last edited:

friend263

[quotsisr al-Mu'minin, post: 609866, member: 109446"]W Assalamuallaikum resprcted brotherci have a confusion.here in magrib there are are totsl 7 raka
hsc3 fard 2sunnah annd 2nawwfil but h?ere u have mention?eed that there are two sunnah before the azan and the iqama which i think means before fard salah and two after that correct me if im wrong but how? Also i have read abouta hadith in which it is mentioned that allah subhanawatala will build a house in aparadise fir his slave if he prays twelve rakahs other than the fard prayers im sorry i didnt remeber the hadid number sorry but have read it here in tti only and theybare as follows 2rakahs before fajr four before the fard salah of duhur and two after that two rakahs after magrib and two afeter the fard salah of isha.. so am i correct? Also please tell me why are salahs divided in fard sunnah and nawafil amd how many types of fard sunnah and nawafil are there please help..[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion. Read these two articles below and I think that might clear up your confusion.

http://www.journeytojannah.com/The-Second-Pillar-of-Islam-Salah.asp ( Salah chart including nawafil and sunnah)

Where I got my information is from my teacher and it is somewhat on par with what the articles are going to tell you. Brother Anas read these articles also. Jazakallah Khair for pointing that out.[/quote]
Im Not a brother.

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
[quotsisr al-Mu'minin, post: 609866, member: 109446"]W Assalamuallaikum resprcted brotherci have a confusion.here in magrib there are are totsl 7 raka
hsc3 fard 2sunnah annd 2nawwfil but h?ere u have mention?eed that there are two sunnah before the azan and the iqama which i think means before fard salah and two after that correct me if im wrong but how? Also i have read abouta hadith in which it is mentioned that allah subhanawatala will build a house in aparadise fir his slave if he prays twelve rakahs other than the fard prayers im sorry i didnt remeber the hadid number sorry but have read it here in tti only and theybare as follows 2rakahs before fajr four before the fard salah of duhur and two after that two rakahs after magrib and two afeter the fard salah of isha.. so am i correct? Also please tell me why are salahs divided in fard sunnah and nawafil amd how many types of fard sunnah and nawafil are there please help..

Where I got my information is from my teacher and it is somewhat on par with what the articles are going to tell you. Brother Anas read these articles also. Jazakallah Khair for pointing that out.[/quote]
Im Not a brother.[/quote]

Sorry for that confusion also. I was referring to the one who made the thread when i said brother. Did the articles answer your questions at all?