Never Leave A Good Deed Because Of Its Difficulty

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Never Leave A Good Deed Because Of Its Difficulty

Never leave a good deed because of its difficulty, for the difficulty will eventually go but the deed will remain forever.

Never do a bad deed because of its pleasure/enjoyment, for the pleasure/enjoyment will eventually go but the deed will remain forever

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
mashallah it says it all and yet its short. beautiful

just curious, when you said "but the sin will remain with you forever." i thought when we repent and do righteous deeds, allah will change our sins to good deeds. Allah is forgiving and most merciful. i remember dad use to teach us this all the time. teach us to change our sins into good deeds by repenting and doing good next time. so is this true, allah can change our sins into good deeds? or will it really remain forever? doesnt repenting help take it away?

when we do something knowing its bad and then repent and then do that bad action again and again, yes indeed our sin will remain with us forever.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah

just curious, when you said "but the sin will remain with you forever." i thought when we repent and do righteous deeds, allah will change our sins to good deeds. Allah is forgiving and most merciful. i remember dad use to teach us this all the time. teach us to change our sins into good deeds by repenting and doing good next time. so is this true, allah can change our sins into good deeds? or will it really remain forever? doesnt repenting help take it away?

when we do something knowing its bad and then repent and then do that bad action again and again, yes indeed our sin will remain with us forever.

Salam2You!

I always think my sins are still on my shoulder, because of regret and disappointment in myself. Allah does what He Wills SubhanAllah.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I can only concur with everyone's statements. :jazaak:

I think something to keep in mind is, that although Allaah subhanahu wa ta`ala can forgive our sins and change them to good deeds - this is conditional upon a sincere and true repentance. Yet how are we to guarantee ourselves of this? We should try our best and turn to Allaah as sincere as possible, but our hearts should not feel confirmed and content with this and believe that automatically by doing this our sins are cleared, and our slates are free of marks. The servant of Allaah should continuously be in a state of striving and having these quotes in mind is a good way to remind ourselves.

When you know the consequences of your deeds may remain forever, it makes you judge yourself a lot more critically.

May Allaah forgive us all, and increase our endeavors and striving towards good.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

When a person sins, his sin is GUARANTEED to be written.

But when one seeks repentance, it is NOT GUARANTEED to be wiped away.

Why? Because the conditions of repentance may or may not have been met.

Furthermore, when one does a good deed, it is NOT GUARANTEED that it is written.

Why? Because the conditions of the deed may or may not have been met.

Scary stuff hey?

auroran

Jazakallahu khair,

How do you repent? Is it possible to repent for all the drawings I ever drew?

rightpath_357

NIYAHH is the answer. You must have a good Niyah before you do anything.

May Allah keep all of your intentions good and strong.

Salam :)

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah

Jazakallahu khair,

How do you repent? Is it possible to repent for all the drawings I ever drew?

Allah forgives everything but shirk (associating partners)
Allah is Al-Ghaffar! SubhanAllah

Repent by making dua, it will be accepted InshaAllah if:
You feel it won't get accepted
You know Allah is most forgiving
You'll never do it again

And like rightpath said, keep your niyah (intention) strong!

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
When a person sins, his sin is GUARANTEED to be written.

But when one seeks repentance, it is NOT GUARANTEED to be wiped away.

Why? Because the conditions of repentance may or may not have been met.

Furthermore, when one does a good deed, it is NOT GUARANTEED that it is written.

Why? Because the conditions of the deed may or may not have been met.

Scary stuff hey?

QUOTE=samiha
I can only concur with everyone's statements.

I think something to keep in mind is, that although Allaah subhanahu wa ta`ala can forgive our sins and change them to good deeds - this is conditional upon a sincere and true repentance. Yet how are we to guarantee ourselves of this? We should try our best and turn to Allaah as sincere as possible, but our hearts should not feel confirmed and content with this and believe that automatically by doing this our sins are cleared, and our slates are free of marks. The servant of Allaah should continuously be in a state of striving and having these quotes in mind is a good way to remind ourselves.

When you know the consequences of your deeds may remain forever, it makes you judge yourself a lot more critically.

May Allaah forgive us all, and increase our endeavors and striving towards good. END OF QUOTE

--------------------

mashallah thank you so much. you made it more better for me to understand. i always felt guilty when i did or said something wrong, even if i repent or never do it again, i still feel scared and upset that i did it. even if its been years i still would remember it. so i always thought in my heart that my sins were still there. what my dad use to teach us when we were little about sins can be replaced with good deeds, i still never actually felt it was true because when you do something wrong, you cant say oh im never going to do it again and Allah inshallah will forgive me, you will always feel bad about it.

so thats why i asked and wanted to know more about it.

but you guys are great, you said it all and i understand it so well.

yes we should not take advantage of Allahs forgiveness. We should always think about this quote before and after we do haram.:hearts:

auroran

Allah forgives everything but shirk (associating partners)
Allah is Al-Ghaffar! SubhanAllah

Repent by making dua, it will be accepted InshaAllah if:
You feel it won't get accepted
You know Allah is most forgiving
You'll never do it again

And like rightpath said, keep your niyah (intention) strong!

Jazakallahu khair,

May Allah reward you for instructing me how, before I didn't know how and what if I died in that state? I will go to hell. I hope that it is accepted. Though I don't have strong intention. I'm working on that.

:wasalam: