New here.

New in Nashville
Hello everyone,
To be honest, I have been confused about religion. I have been catholic, but has never believed that Jesus was God. I have been told that I just "don't understand" the concept, but that is untrue. I fully understand, but don't agree. I get told to just "believe"' but I think that is just silly. So I am confused and just unsure of where to go. I am not Christian because I don't believe in the trinity or that Jesus was God on earth. I believe in one God, and I don't see what is so hard to understand about that concept. When I talked to priests they tell me that I am wrong, and refuse to give me confession because I don't "believe", but my thing is why or how do they have the power to deny me access to God. Why don't I have access to God myself. It is just very confusing to me.
I have been asking lots of questions on the Internet and learning a lot about Islam. My family is not so eager to know about what I have learned. I think friends and family will be a issue for me.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Hello Jeddah Ann,

You are not the first person to have had these questions. I had many things in Christianity that did not add up for me, though some were a bit different as the Reformation did happen and then there were protestants. Only in one way did I find all the pieces fit, and you won't need to guess much what I am saying.

Friends and family can be an issue, yes. There might be separation in some ways, but also more honesty, which is in itself a healthier thing.

Keep reading, keep searching for truth. And may those answers come to you, God willing.

Welcome to TurnToIslam. Look around, and don't be afraid to ask anything you like

Peace.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
New in Nashville
Hello everyone,
To be honest, I have been confused about religion. I have been catholic, but has never believed that Jesus was God. I have been told that I just "don't understand" the concept, but that is untrue. I fully understand, but don't agree. I get told to just "believe"' but I think that is just silly. So I am confused and just unsure of where to go. I am not Christian because I don't believe in the trinity or that Jesus was God on earth. I believe in one God, and I don't see what is so hard to understand about that concept. When I talked to priests they tell me that I am wrong, and refuse to give me confession because I don't "believe", but my thing is why or how do they have the power to deny me access to God. Why don't I have access to God myself. It is just very confusing to me.
I have been asking lots of questions on the Internet and learning a lot about Islam. My family is not so eager to know about what I have learned. I think friends and family will be a issue for me.

Hi and welcome !!

All the biblical Prophets, inclduing Jesus were Muslims. A Muslim is one who submits to Allah, worships Him alone. This is the core message of Islam.

We believe that every person no matter who, has equal right to ask Allah for forgiveness and assistance.

I am not sure if you have come across the following hadith, but i will share it nonetheless because it is so beautiful.

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: said: "There was a man from among a nation before you who killed ninety-nine people and then made an inquiry about the most learned person on the earth. He was directed to a monk. He came to him and told him that he had killed ninety-nine people and asked him if there was any chance for his repentance to be accepted. He replied in the negative and the man killed him also completing one hundred. He then asked about the most learned man in the earth. He was directed to a scholar. He told him that he had killed one hundred people and asked him if there was any chance for his repentance to be accepted. He replied in the affirmative and asked, `Who stands between you and repentance? Go to such and such land; there (you will find) people devoted to prayer and worship of Allah, join them in worship, and do not come back to your land because it is an evil place.' So he went away and hardly had he covered half the distance when death overtook him; and there was a dispute between the angels of mercy and the angels of torment. The angels of mercy pleaded, 'This man has come with a repenting heart to Allah,' and the angels of punishment argued, 'He never did a virtuous deed in his life.' Then there appeared another angel in the form of a human being and the contending angels agreed to make him arbiter between them. He said, `Measure the distance between the two lands. He will be considered belonging to the land to which he is nearer.'They measured and found him closer to the land (land of piety) where he intended to go, and so the angels of mercy collected his soul". ( Bukhari and Muslim)

Also:

"Allah the Almighty said:
'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.'" (tirmidhi)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Hey, Jeddah Ann!

:SMILY206: to this fabulous forum! We live a driving distance from one another, btw =)

I have a feeling you'll be one of our sisters someday, if not soon. :)

In your readings and queries, were there any particular issues/concepts in Islam that you weren't so sure about or didn't fully understand? If so, please ask away! Lots of memebers here will be eager to help you out, inshaa'Allaah (God willing)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Hello Jeddah Ann,

I find you so near to the Truth , then you should check this link out , and that's Guidelines of the true religion , ٌReally we would definitely invite you to embrace Islam. But we would like you to think of the meaning of these soorah of the Qur'aan (interpretation of the meanings):
"Say: He is Allaah, (the) One.
Allaah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need; He neither eats nor drinks).
He begets not nor was He begotten;
And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
[al-Ikhlaas 112:1-4]

i wish you check these links out
peace,

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Dear sister Ann, Assalam-o-alikum (peace and blessings be upon you),

Welcome and I hope you find here what you are looking for.

Islam is very simple. One God, One Book, One Religion.
You have a direct relationship with God Almighty, who is our creator, and who is always present and available, and who is watching everyone and everything at the same time, and all the time.

I heard a saying: "there is no atheist in a falling airplane". Everyone is praying to God at that time... Why? Because it is ingrained in our soul (by Allah) that when we pray He listens. And He does listen without any intermediary. So in a falling airplane people do not search for a priest to pray for them. And who is priest to come in between me and God anyway.

Welcome again, and all of us here will be glad to help you in any way.
Peace.

Umm Abdullah

Hello Jeddah Ann

Feel free to ask us any question, and we will try to answer them with the help of Allah.
Islam is simple and easy to understand alhamdulillah (all praise is due to Allah) :)