New Medical breakthrough

Tahar

I have just heard on MSNBC that scientists have conducted research on 5000 African males to test for the relationship between Circumcision and AIDS. They found out that circumcised males were less likely to get infected by the virus.

Circumcision is practiced by Muslims and Jews but the writers of the Bible decided to change one of God's commandments from a literal circumcision to merely a spiritual one (not needed anymore). Hence, our Christian brothers don't get circumcised anymore. This, to me, is another proof that people fooled around with the Bible and changed what should never had been changed.

acedoc

HIV and AIDS

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh

I think a bigger evidence is that Islam prohibits any sexual activity outside of a marriage. If people simply followed that principle we may not even have the existence of HIV/AIDS in this world.

Brothers and sisters must be reminded that unlike non-muslims who simply promote condoms and other techniques for prevention of HIV/AIDS we as muslims MUST promote abstinence from all extramarital sexual activity. Zina (adultery/fornication) is one of the biggest (major) sin against Allah.

Tahar

The intention from my post is to demonstrate Allah's wisdom and mercy on his creation. 1400 years ago, nobody knew what viruses were. But out-of-faith people simply did what they were told to do by Allah without knowing they were doing themselves a big service. And this only demonstrates that everything else Allah orders us to do is but for our own good.

Also, this new medical study is meaningless to us Muslims since we do practice a stronger protection against these types of nasty diseases called "Abstinence". It is one of Allah's commandments and its violation is major sin. We definitely don't need any scientist to prove its effectiveness for us to believe in it. We already do, because we believe in Allah.

Moreover, the other point I wanted to make is the amount of interpolation in the Bible. Today this scientific research supports the practice of circumcision, tomorrow we will hear another about the harm from eating pork. And I suspect something even more morbid to come out from that practice as well.

Anyway, the MSNBC article can be found here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16184582/

acedoc

May Allah shower you with His Mercy

Brother Tahar you said, "We definitely don't need any scientist to prove its effectiveness for us to believe in it. We already do, because we believe in Allah.""

Jazak Allah Khairan brother...you have spoken and testified only for the Truth.

May Allah shower you with His Mercy and Blessings (Rahma and Fadl) Ameen