New to islam

Esstee

Hello, my name is Steph and i am new to islam. I do not know many people and have been feeling quite lonely since i began this path as many do not accept my choice and cannot understand why i chose this path.
I was hoping to talk with others and meet new people.

Steph

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Hello Steph, welcome. I am happy for you. Is good that we can speak using the internet, because somehow, even there are so many muslims in the world, is not so easy, as new to religion, to find close friends to talk to. It happens to most of us.
All the best.

Esstee

Hello:)
Thank you for responding, i dont have anyone around me really that i can speak with and many arent supportive of my choice.
I just wish to learn more and to meet new people :)

a_stranger

You are most welcome dear sister, I am very happy that you are now Muslim . AlhamduliAllah now you began your way to peace and happiness and then Janna by the mercy of Allah subhanahu wa taaala. I believe that most important issue in Islam is our prayers . If we try our best in our prayers then many wonderful feelings will be set within our hearts.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Brother bestfriend, I know you mean good but its against the rules of this forum to send your personal informations like phone number or email, specially to the opposite gender. Leave kind of task to other sisters only.

I had to report your post to admin.

bestfriend

Salam alaykum

Brother bestfriend, I know you mean good but its against the rules of this forum to send your personal informations like phone number or email, specially to the opposite gender. Leave kind of task to other sisters only.

I had to report your post to admin.
Sorry I did not know that
I am full time in dawah authored over 500 books and not in sex business so do not worry
I serve www.Allah.com www.Muhammad.com for many years now in 95 languages with over
13 million visitors
do not forget to register to my free workshop to make you scholar of hadith
http://www.muhammad.com/workshop/workshop.htm

I thank you

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Sorry I did not know that
I am full time in dawah authored over 500 books and not in sex business so do not worry
I serve www.Allah.com www.Muhammad.com for many years now in 95 languages with over
13 million visitors
do not forget to register to my free workshop to make you scholar of hadith
http://www.muhammad.com/workshop/workshop.htm

I thank you

Salam alaykum

If you know that much about about Islam you should also understand that sending your personal contacts to unknow sister is not allowed.

Before you post, read the forum rules.

cabdixakim

As'salaamu caleykum @sister herb Sending your personal details to unknown sister when you're a male regardless of your intentions is not allowed in Islam or just in this forum?

The brother made it sure to claim that he has distinctive information on Islam, are you suggesting that there is no need for him to share that with a sister? And that he should leave sisters to sisters even though he feels the information he bears can be of great help?

or is it that you're saying communicating with the opposite gender is simply haraam even though the intention is Da'wah even though the barrier(Hijab) exists between them? regardless of the intentions,does a private chat between male and a female fall under Khulwa even though they neither hear nor see each other?
Regardless of the intentions is communicating with a sister in chats simply haraam even though all the codes of conversation(not talking softly etc) are kept in place?
what about in real life can't a woman ever speak to a man(and vice versa) regardless of the intentions, manner, necessity and codes of virtue?
I thought what's forbidden is the mutual,meaningless, day to day chat between males and females but is that also true for every chat between a man and a woman?

A sister can choose to apply the yes of all those(and it is only good for her and
Allah will reward her for that) but is the yes a legislative rule?

what if you regard the intentions like the case of the brother?

If yes is the case then doesn't your ideology sound more like Isolation than segregation?

asifmorie

Assalamu alaikum brother you should not share your personal contact details with the gender of opposite sex rather you can suggest her that there are so many sites on internet which provides aunthetic information about Islam. May Allah guide us all.
Islamic sites www.islam qa.com

bo-jaylay

Hello, my name is Steph and i am new to islam. I do not know many people and have been feeling quite lonely since i began this path as many do not accept my choice and cannot understand why i chose this path.

Steph

Hi Steph! My name is Jo.
I would love to be your friend and help take away that lonely feeling. I am not yet a Muslim but I am looking to learn more about Islam as my current boyfriend is Muslim and requires me to convert to be able to marry him. I know our relationship is Haram. But I would love to talk to you more about it and get another UK girl's opinion on the religion!

I hope your okay!

Jo

Esstee

Hi Steph! My name is Jo.
I would love to be your friend and help take away that lonely feeling. I am not yet a Muslim but I am looking to learn more about Islam as my current boyfriend is Muslim and requires me to convert to be able to marry him. I know our relationship is Haram. But I would love to talk to you more about it and get another UK girl's opinion on the religion!

I hope your okay!

Jo

Assalamualaikum, i am a very new convert myself and it is very good to hear from someone interested. I would be happy to speak with you about anything you wish. It is a big decision and it takes time and thought. If you wish to send me a private message please do and we can talk more :)

Steph

Abdur-Rahman2

Steph
Welcome to the site and to this beautiful way of life ours :SMILY206:. A great website that I suggest that you check out since your a new muslim is: http://newmuslimacademy.org . I hope that it benefits you, In Sha Allah. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. May Allah keep you steadfast and give you the best in this life and the hereafter.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
As'salaamu caleykum @sister herb Sending your personal details to unknown sister when you're a male regardless of your intentions is not allowed in Islam or just in this forum?

Salam alaykum

The forum rules says:

However please keep in mind the following rules. They are not allowed on the forums

-----

Any kind of unsolicited messaging and stalking, Sending Messages to opposite sex.Sisters had asked for this feature to be implemented so Messages are monitored from time to time so are not 100% private. In order to ensure the website members have good islamic environment.

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/the-website-rules.81/

Talking etc. to the opposite sex:

http://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33045

You can find threads about kind of matters from TTI:

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/friendship-between-a-man-and-a-woman.62548/
http://turntoislam.com/community/search/1095787/?q=chat+with+opposite+sex&o=date

Also, maybe you need to talk with kind of matters with some imam. They surely can answer to your questions.

Of course members might have a good intensions to help others whose are new in the Islam but here are much more possibilities than send personal information like email to the public forum (what everyone should avoid also for their own security - internet is full of spammers and people whose claim they are something else than they really are).

Asalaam alilaikum ya sister Steph. Alhamdulilah you have been brought to the truth and Allah swt has blessed you to have your first Ramadan! I would be happy to talk and help both of us to continue growing in Allah's mercy.

Many of the brothers mean well but it is a protection for them as well as ourselves to not give out personal information, so as to not all any kind of poison or sin into our lives.

May Allah swt accept all your prayers and grant you mercy in this most holiest of times :)!Ameen.

Amena

iyan-abdul

Steph
hai steph .... nice to meet you

Safiyah_

i understand, i also feel lonely BUT we have a big ummah a lot of sisters, so we should feel the love ! :love_heart:
anyway if u want to talk to someone i'm always availabe :) I just want to learn and keep myselfs busy with the beautiful deen al islaam :love_heart:
you are our sister so we are hear for u in sha Allah .. big greets from belgium :juich-spring-klap:

ahmed3711

Hello:)
Thank you for responding, i dont have anyone around me really that i can speak with and many arent supportive of my choice.
I just wish to learn more and to meet new people :)

We will support your choice Steph & we are all here to learn & to have new friends in life

kinkou

Steph