Newborn

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2: All,

Inshallah everyone well and breathing...:SMILY149:

Does anyone know if this is true or is it a cultural thing....

If you step outside of the house,they say its not good to come next to a newborn baby straight after.(Age:1 day to 3 months plus)

:wasalam:

zakiyah

muslim sis
salam.
thats weird iv heard that for the first time.no i dont think so.well i just go crazy when i look at lil babies they look so cute.lolz.and plus the Holy Prophet (pbuh) loved childrens soooooooooo much.
wa salam.

Globalpeace

Banned

If you step outside of the house,they say its not good to come next to a newborn baby straight after.(Age:1 day to 3 months plus)

Asslamo Allaikum,

Non-Sense & some Asian cultural jobby.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum,

Non-Sense & some Asian cultural jobby.

So is this a defo asian thingy,because the situation I was in was put my hand on top of the fire read Aytul Kursi and protect myself and then enter the room.:SMILY149:

Was that wrong?

zarah

Islam
Staff member
salam.
thats weird iv heard that for the first time.no i dont think so.well i just go crazy when i look at lil babies they look so cute.lolz.and plus the Holy Prophet (pbuh) loved childrens soooooooooo much.
wa salam.

:salam2:

:ma: sis,I love babies myself...:SMILY149:
First I have heard of aswell sis,thought someone else might of give me some feedback on this.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

LOLz. Is that a baby or a Dracula, that you cant come closer to him/her??

Wassalaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
LOLz. Is that a baby or a Dracula, that you cant come closer to him/her??

Wassalaam

No:SMILY286: its a baby!(This goes for any baby)

I think they say you should read a suràh and protect yourself is due to when you are out anything could come in to you meaning evil and a baby is innocent.:SMILY149:

MubarekMuslimah

This sounds very cultural to me. Why would it not be good to go near the baby - good for you or good for the baby?? whats so bad about going outside and why?? and how do you determine a 'newborn' - you say 1 day to 3 months PLUS - so how long is a child newborn?

If you think about it - a man should be going to mosque 5 times a day insha'allah - so does this mean that each time he returns from the mosque, for instance, after his prayer he cant go near his newborn child? for how long? What happens if the mother has to take the child outside - to the doctors or to get groceries??

I have never ever heard this and I think its a cultural perspective/action. I will do a search insha'allah but best thing you can do in the meantime is ask the person who told you this - if they dont know why and can provide you no evidence nor can anyone else then it says something

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

No:SMILY286: its a baby!(This goes for any baby)

I think they say you should read a suràh and protect yourself is due to when you are out anything could come in to you meaning evil and a baby is innocent.:SMILY149:

You did not understand?

That is what I said, that is a baby, not a Dracula that you should avoid it. (I would not avoid Dracula though, :D)

Wassalaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
This sounds very cultural to me. Why would it not be good to go near the baby - good for you or good for the baby?? whats so bad about going outside and why?? and how do you determine a 'newborn' - you say 1 day to 3 months PLUS - so how long is a child newborn?

If you think about it - a man should be going to mosque 5 times a day insha'allah - so does this mean that each time he returns from the mosque, for instance, after his prayer he cant go near his newborn child? for how long? What happens if the mother has to take the child outside - to the doctors or to get groceries??

I have never ever heard this and I think its a cultural perspective/action. I will do a search insha'allah but best thing you can do in the meantime is ask the person who told you this - if they dont know why and can provide you no evidence nor can anyone else then it says something

Jazzak-Allah Khair for that sis,well that what i have heard the baby i know is nearly 2 weeks old.(Mashallah)

No its good for the baby...:SMILY149:

Sis they say that a women once having the baby is not suppose to come out of the house for 40days.

Am I confusing myself....???:SMILY149:

MubarekMuslimah

a woman is not supposed to leave the house for 40 days after giving birth? really? I have not heard this before. Is there a hadith or ayat for this? what if she has to go to the doctor/hospital or take the baby there?

zarah

Islam
Staff member
a woman is not supposed to leave the house for 40 days after giving birth? really? I have not heard this before. Is there a hadith or ayat for this? what if she has to go to the doctor/hospital or take the baby there?

I think that a valid reason sis,I have heard it but i am not sure if it is correct.

Can someone else provide evidence??:SMILY149:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

I think that a valid reason sis,I have heard it but i am not sure if it is correct.

Can someone else provide evidence??:SMILY149:

If a woman gives birth to child then she has to take final Gussal (bath) after 40 days. This is because of the reason that women get blood etc. after the child's birth.

Wassalaam