NFL player Husain Abdullah 'gets penalty for praying'

Precious Star

This story has been overblown by social and internet media. He was penalized for sliding (or they thought he was sliding). It was considered unsportsmanlike. The NFL did not penalize him for prostrating as the yellow flag went up at the time he slid to his knees.Abdullah has admitted that himself and the NFL has apologized.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Let the American get the story right.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...usain-abdullah-should-not-have-been-penalized

The NFL for some crazy reason decided a while ago that players could not celebrate in the end zone after a score. How dumb can you be!!! So they get penalized for being happy. Whoopiedamndoo.

Many players will get on their knees to pray ( makes no sense but they do). Maybe they are innocent enough to be happy to play.

I still appreciate any gesture that a person makes to give thanks to God.

Precious Star

Let the American get the story right.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...usain-abdullah-should-not-have-been-penalized

The NFL for some crazy reason decided a while ago that players could not celebrate in the end zone after a score. How dumb can you be!!! So they get penalized for being happy. Whoopiedamndoo.

Many players will get on their knees to pray ( makes no sense but they do). Maybe they are innocent enough to be happy to play.

I still appreciate any gesture that a person makes to give thanks to God.

Yes but we have been instructed when to prostrate and in what direction. It's not random. Was he facing the Kaaba? Was he in a state of ritual purity? Was the ground clean? I mean, he had been holding a ball of pigskin!

Just saying. Not that it's relevant to the story.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Sister,

From my perspective...he is a child. He caught a ball and made a touchdown. He was in hog heaven.

As for the ground being clean...an endzone is a place to pray. I don't know if he broke wudu. Yet, Allah swt, tells us to call upon Him, sitting, standing, resting, lying on ones side...I guess the young man was calling upon Allah.

( i need to go to sleep...it's 5 am over here...not even fajr yet.)

Abu Juwairiya

Assalammu Alaikum Precious Star and Jazakallah Khayrun Dear Sister for setting the record straight. I was not aware of the rectification that transpired since the said incident, hence I only recorded the original response.

Thanks again for enlightening us all to the proper circumstances and context of the event and the additional information you provided as well. May Allah reward and bless you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
You are most welcome....

( I gave up sports....I will watch maybe two to twenty games a year only )