Nobel Prize in Physics 2011... 1400 years old information

brmm

:salam2: Assalamo Alaikom,
Nobel Prize in Physics 2011, was given to 3 researchers which are:

1. Saul Perlmutter
Born: 1959, Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA

2. Brian P. Schmidt
Born: 1967, Missoula, MT, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Australian National University, Weston Creek, Australia

3. Adam G. Riess
Born: 1969, Washington, DC, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA, Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA

Reason (motivation): For the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae.

but .....
The Moslims World knew this fact since more than 1400 years ago !

:bismillah:
51:74 {And the heaven We have built it with (Our) Hands (i.e., Capability) and surely We are indeed extending (it) wide.}

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I think that the difference is while the Quran proves the universe is expanding, these scientists proved that the expansion rate is accelerating.

brmm

I think that the difference is while the Quran proves the universe is expanding, these scientists proved that the expansion rate is accelerating.

hmmmmm, good analysation ! but ... the expansion itself is a movement, and every movement has acceleration, and I believe the acceleration of an object, reasonably, increases proportionally with its size.

Result, the holy aya covers both meanings.

This is my analysation. :)

BRMM

septithol

Banned
Physics point here: Movement and acceleration are not the same thing. Acceleration is a CHANGE in the speed of movement. If an object is staying still and it remains still, or if another object is moving at 25 mph, and continues to move at 25 mph, then neither object is accelerating. If the still object starts moving, it accelerates, until such point as it's speed is constant. If the object moving at 25 mph either speeds up or slows down, then it, too, accelerates, until it's speed remains constant again. In the case of slowing down, this is actually technically acceleration, but with a negative number.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You know this makes me laugh. What Allah revealed to us took some of mankind 1400 years to think about and then they give themselves a cookie.

Hatty

Salaam

You got the number of the Surah and Aya wrong. Could you please look it up and put the correct surah and aya numbers?

Here I found it - 51:47

I just tried to look for aya 74, I found out that this Surah only has 60 ayas...lol

Thanks

muslimshabs

:salam2: Assalamo Alaikom,
Nobel Prize in Physics 2011, was given to 3 researchers which are:

1. Saul Perlmutter
Born: 1959, Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA

2. Brian P. Schmidt
Born: 1967, Missoula, MT, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Australian National University, Weston Creek, Australia

3. Adam G. Riess
Born: 1969, Washington, DC, USA
Affiliation at the time of the award: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA, Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA

Reason (motivation): For the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae.

but .....
The Moslims World knew this fact since more than 1400 years ago !

:bismillah:
51:74 {And the heaven We have built it with (Our) Hands (i.e., Capability) and surely We are indeed extending (it) wide.}

walaikum salaam brother...

I think we muslims whould not forget our golden age in science and technology. Greeks excelled in science because of their observation of different phenomenon of creation, but they were the muslim scientists who analysed these observations and proved them right or wrong on the basis of experimentation.
Islam gives us the direction in which we need to think but you need to analyse and experiment to prove the same with 100% motivation that you are going in the right direction. we have to prove these things exactly as proved. we should appreciate the scientists for their findings...
May Allah show us the straight path,,, aameen!!!

fi amanillah... ::shake:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I would appreciate it more if these brilliant minds could see the Glory of Allah in what they discovered. And give recognition where it is due. All praises belong to Allah.

strive-may-i

Due respect to Allah's words Quran. But it did take the scientist to point out first. And then it took a knowledgeable person to also understand Quran's Ayah better after the discovery by scientists..

And dont look back at the so called glory period and perceive it as our glory period. It was the glory of the people who were born then, and strived for excellence, Ours is now!

So the discovery is truly an eye opener. no denying, Allaahu Akbar!!!