Non halal medications

Shahada786

:bismillah1:

Salamunalaykoum wa rehmatUllah Dear All-

I 'd like to have more information regarding some medications made up out of non halal elements, I shall take the example of porc used for insulin composition. Could you direct me to some articles or reliable websites which could enlight me about other medications or replacement therapy where this animal is probably used.

And what is the islamic perspective on this matter, any idea?

In need of your Du'as:tti_sister:.

-Shahada

nozima_uk

:bismillah1:

Salamunalaykoum wa rehmatUllah Dear All-

I 'd like to have more information regarding some medications made up out of non halal elements, I shall take the example of porc used for insulin composition. Could you direct me to some articles or reliable websites which could enlight me about other medications or replacement therapy where this animal is probably used.

And what is the islamic perspective on this matter, any idea?

In need of your Du'as:tti_sister:.

-Shahada
salam sister,i do not know any websites but when my husband was ill he asked from our (i do not remember exactly was he asked mufti or mulana,we have both in our masjid)local masjid he said that if you are taking only for the benefits of your health you can take it.If there is nothing else from your illness, if there is other way for example if u have flu you can take honey+lemon+hot water or you can take tablets which contain gelatine, so if there is other way u should avoid from haram things, if not its allowed to take medication. Allahu-Alim, better ask knowledgable person.wassalam