Non Muslim thinking about taking shahada

Portia

Assalamu Alaikum, My name is Portia,

I am thinking about taking my shahada inshallah, and found this website! I am nervous because I am a 18yrs old and living on campus for my 2nd year of college. I am worried on how people will percieve me, I know Allah is the only ONE who can judge me, but I get nervous when in public.

Some questions I have is, is it fine if I do not start of wearing a Hijab? I want to take it step by step. But if I do change my mind do I have to wear my Hijab every single day?

I am learning Salah, inshallah, and I am very excited and nervous at the same time! Inshallah that my brothers and sisters on this website will help guide as well as Allah.

Wa Alaikum Assalam

imhmaidahini

as salam alaykum ya brother its good idea for them if they turnto islam in a crusible manner in such here after they wil not reget

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam, just spotted this post whilst doing routine maintenance. In sha Allah she found the required help and managed to take the shahada!

HirraJaved

Walaykumsalam do your best, first improve inwardly then in your actions it's good the way your taking it step by step because I just rushed into everything at once and that didn't work so yeah, your doing the right thing, keep doing it in sha Allah you will be rewarded with the highest level of paradise.