nose piercing in islam??????

Aliyah206

:salam2:
i'm very confused about piercings for women in islam",

what does islam say about muslimahs piercing thier nose or having more then one ears pierce????/

..what are the consequences for nose piercing on the day judgement?

what if i pierce my nose and not display my beauty by wearing NIQAB?

please give me BOTH facts and opinins towards this matter..
JazakumALLAH Qhaire..

~~sister fi al islam:tti_sister:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Question:
Is it permissible for a Muslim teenager who wears hijab to pierce her nose or eyebrow?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is better not to do this, because it serves no purpose and causes pain and mutilation to the nose, and more son in the case of the eyebrow, by making holes in them. With regard to piercing the earlobes in order to wear earrings, this was the custom of women at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so it is better to limit ourselves to that.

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak

Jihan

it seems like it mainly depends on th e situation. if you were piercing your nose because it was a style among the nonmuslims.. then of course it is haraam. for instance, now it is the style to pierce below your lip ( but not directly below, but to the side). I think if it would be unacceptable for a muslim to imitate that. . another thing a woman should not pierce to attain attention from men... but since u wear a niqaab....
like alkathiri mentioned piercing was common among the women during prophet's(saw) time, so i don't think you can call it mutilation, because it really doesn't make a difference whether you're referring to your nose or ear ( u know what i mean they're both your skin). Allah u 'alam. i personally don't see nose piercing as haraam, but again like alkathiri said their is really no point (unless ur husband likes it... but ur not married so that's out of the question..or have you been keeping secrets from...lol), becuase most ppl do it to get attention or its attention( i'm speaking generally so that does not apply to everyone:shake: ). I could be mistaken, but inshAllah i have said the truth. Again Allahu 'alam.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
like alkathiri mentioned piercing was common among the women during prophet's(saw) time, so i don't think you can call it mutilation, because it really doesn't make a difference whether you're referring to your nose or ear ( u know what i mean they're both your skin). Allah u 'alam. i personally don't see nose piercing as haraam, but again like alkathiri said their is really no point (unless ur husband likes it... but ur not married so that's out of the question..or have you been keeping secrets from...lol), becuase most ppl do it to get attention or its attention( i'm speaking generally so that does not apply to everyone:shake: )..

I didnt say this ...lol
the shaykh did..:)

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Jazzak-Allah Khair for this topic..

So what if you didn`t know this info,and you had a piercing from a time ago????

:wasalam:

Jihan

Jazzak-Allah Khair for this topic..

So what if you didn`t know this info,and you had a piercing from a time ago????

i'm not saying nose piercing is haraam, but anytime there is something haraam you use to commit then you repent and try to change it ( in the case of the nose piercing would be to remove the ring). Allahu 'alam.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
i'm not saying nose piercing is haraam, but anytime there is something haraam you use to commit then you repent and try to change it ( in the case of the nose piercing would be to remove the ring). Allahu 'alam.

Jazzak-Allah Khair,so this means It will be better If I remove my piercing....

zarah

Islam
Staff member
only if you see it as something that attracts attention.

Being honest in my opinion I don`t think it attracts attention....:girl3: ,I always take it when i do ablution though...

My nose stud ain`t that big to attract someone,I like wearing tiny ones.....(LOL)
So does this mean i could keep it on...

Jazzak-Allah Khair

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I always take it when i do ablution though...

My nose stud ain`t that big to attract someone,I like wearing tiny ones.....(LOL)
So does this mean i could keep it on...

Jazzak-Allah Khair

Isnt it troublesome to take it out..when doing wudu..
Isnt it painful when u want to make a hole into ur skin...

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Isnt it troublesome to take it out..when doing wudu..
Isnt it painful when u want to make a hole into ur skin...

Alhamdullilah it is not painful at all,because its not one of those butterfly ones that you adjust...

Well when i pierced it,being honest it was irratating in the begining...but now it fine...It has been years that I had it....