oyster sauce

your-sister

Uhm, Oyster sauce is made from oysters. Usually used in Chinese and Vietnamese cooking.
As far as I'm aware, Allaah SWT has permitted us to eat all sea foods/animals unless they're harmful(i.e. sharks). But if you're in doubt, you can always get the vegetarian oyster-sauce.. It can be found in Chinese groceries, I believe.

Though think eating anything that has something to do with any creature living in sea, besides fish(and MAYBE shrimps) is rather...unsettling.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

^ unsettling, lol. It's personal taste, sis. I myself dislike seafood too - but it's all halal. And those who've grown up eating it from the start have developed a taste for it and love it (southeast asia mostly).

Regardless, oyster sauce should be halal, given that it doesn't have any other haraam ingredient in it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is a glaze that is boiled and carmelied. It uses nothing but oysters.

I can live on seafood. I can live on seafood.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
essallamou allaikoum..Huître -
Le terme huître (ou huitre) recouvre un certain nombre de groupes de mollusques marins bivalves qui se développent en mer. Elles ne vivent que dans de l'eau .tous se qui vie en mèr est hallal.ok

Could you write only by english? Sorry but google translations are not understandable. Here is also French section if you prefer that language.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I am totally lost. The brother above called me "brother karim" and is advising me to eat a hundred young boys once a week.

I mean, WHAAAAATTTT?!?!

Oh my God...

your-sister

^Lol! Subhanallah... C'mon sisters, cut the brother some slack. Google-translator is the person(thing) to blame for all the misunderstandings...

khangul

your sister

I am totally lost. The brother above called me "brother karim" and is advising me to eat a hundred young boys once a week.

I mean, WHAAAAATTTT?!?!

Oh my God...

khee khee bhaa bhaa dont eat hundred boys you men eater (kidding).

according to my understanding he wants to say that sea food should be given to young kids.I understand it because i have the same pink enlish as we say in urdu gulaabi english.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I mean, WHAAAAATTTT?!?!

Oh my God...

OMG this just made me LOL in front of the computer screen. Hehehe, Google translator can be so funny sometimes. I'm pretty sure the brother doesn't want you to eat young boys every week though. :p

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I was just browsing the Muslim Consumer Groups website, and this Question caught my eye:

Is oyster sauce,use in chinese dishes,halal?

Oyster is Mukrooh for Hanafi Muslims, for non Hanafi Muslims it can be consumed if all other ingredients are Halal. Without ingredient list I can not say whether it is Halal or not Halal for Non Hanafi Muslims

I never heard oyster being mukrooh before.....

khangul

your sister

I was just browsing the Muslim Consumer Groups website, and this Question caught my eye:

I never heard oyster being mukrooh before.....

yes sister correct me if i am wrong (someone) according to hanafi madhab they can only eat a fish with the back bone.