Pakistan alcohol kills 22

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

More than 40 people are ill after drinking the liquor
At least 22 people have died after drinking illegally brewed alcohol in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, police said.

The dead included some policemen, including one who ran a facility to brew the toxic liquor, they said.

More than 20 people are ill after drinking the liquor and have been admitted to hospital.

Police said drinkers buy illegal liquor because legal wine shops are closed during the holy month of Ramadan.

Police said one of the surviving pedlars said he had sold more than 100 bottles of toxic liquor on Wednesday night.

He told a local newspaper that he had been running the business along with a police constable.

Locally brewed alcohol has been traditionally available in two forms - kuppi and tharra- in Pakistan.

Police say customers often mix the two for a greater "kick", often leading to a more potentially lethal drink.

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam
thats prety bad.i thinck at least v being a muslims should avoid this at least in the holey month of ramdhan.there were some non muslims too in the dead.two were christain n one was hindu.but its prety sad.may ALLAH protect us all from all these aamin.
waslam

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
:salam2:

More than 40 people are ill after drinking the liquor
At least 22 people have died after drinking illegally brewed alcohol in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, police said.

The dead included some policemen, including one who ran a facility to brew the toxic liquor, they said.

More than 20 people are ill after drinking the liquor and have been admitted to hospital.

Police said drinkers buy illegal liquor because legal wine shops are closed during the holy month of Ramadan.

Police said one of the surviving pedlars said he had sold more than 100 bottles of toxic liquor on Wednesday night.

He told a local newspaper that he had been running the business along with a police constable.

Locally brewed alcohol has been traditionally available in two forms - kuppi and tharra- in Pakistan.

Police say customers often mix the two for a greater "kick", often leading to a more potentially lethal drink.
salam brother
n one more thing the death toll has reached 27.which is prety sad.
waslam

kayleigh

That home-brewed stuff is crazy stuff. I can comprehend why someone would want a beer, but I don't understand at all why someone would drink anything like that.