Pakistan suicide blast 'kills 50'

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:
This is all wrong Allah help the Muslims and save us from the oppressors and those who claim to fight in name of Islam, but are rather very ignorant people.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistan suicide blast 'kills 50'
source: bbc news online

At least 50 people have been killed in a suicide attack on a mosque in north-western Pakistan, police say.

The explosion tore through the mosque, near the city of Peshawar, as about 1,000 people offered prayers for the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha.
Aftab Sherpao, Interior Minister in the outgoing government, was in the congregation but was unhurt. His son was among about 100 people injured.
The violence comes as Pakistan prepares for a general election next month.
President Pervez Musharraf lifted a state of emergency on Saturday, saying the threat from Islamic militants had been contained.

But in the past week there have been several suicide attacks.
Officials said Friday's attacker had taken a place among the congregation, in the second row behind Mr Sherpao, at the mosque inside his own residential compound.

"Naturally, Aftab Sherpao was the target," the politician's spokesman Salim Shah told the AFP news agency.

Witnesses said the dead included some of his police bodyguards. He later visited some of the wounded in hospital.

It was the second apparent attack on Mr Sherpao - a close ally of President Musharraf - in eight months.

As interior minister in the government recently dissolved by the president ahead of elections, Mr Sherpao was the country's top security official and led the government's campaign against Islamic militants.
He is running again as a candidate for parliament in the election on 8 January.

President Musharraf issued a statement condemning the "distorted thinking" of the militants behind the "abhorrent act".

Dozens of security officials later raided an Islamic school in a nearby village and arrested seven students, Associated Press reported, although officials would not say if the raid was connected to the bombing.

Children's bodies
Police said the mosque bomb contained 6-8kg (13-17lb) of explosives and was filled with nails and ball bearings.

Witnesses described a scene of carnage inside the mosque, in the Charsadda district near Peshawar.

"We were saying prayers when this huge explosion occurred. It almost blew out our ear drums," said 26-year-old Shaukat Ali.

"I lost my two brothers," said a weeping Jehangir Khan, who said he had helped retrieve the bodies of six children.

Hamid Nawaz, the current interior minister, denied there was a security lapse. "Such an incident can happen at such a gathering," he told local television.

Correspondents say that it is unusual for militants to carry out attacks during Eid.

The BBC's Barbara Plett in Islamabad says there has been a wave of suicide bombings in the past six months, most in the north-west of the country and most aimed at army and government targets.

More than 600 people have been killed, including around 200 soldiers.
The attacks are blamed on pro-Taleban militants retaliating for military operations against them in the border areas near Afghanistan.

There has been a surge of violence in north-western Pakistan since troops ousted armed militants from the radical Red Mosque in Islamabad in July.
Troops have driven the militants from a series of small towns and villages where they had tried to implement strict Islamic law.

The army says it has killed nearly 300 pro-Taleban militants in the restive Swat region in North West Frontier Province.

------------------------------------------------------

dianek

How can muslims do this to muslims and in a MOSQUE no less? It is depressing, saddening and horrific! If muslims have no respect and unity within themselves, how can they expect others to respect or understand them? This is just very disheartening!

If it would occurd in a church then people will say its happend because christians are minority in pakistan and they have no right to live normal and bla bla bla.

And what will journalist will write now when such case occurd in a country where more then 70% are muslims?

dianek

If it would occurd in a church then people will say its happend because christians are minority in pakistan and they have no right to live normal and bla bla bla.

And what will journalist will write now when such case occurd in a country where more then 70% are muslims?

But why are they doing this to their own?

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
How can muslims do this to muslims and in a MOSQUE no less? It is depressing, saddening and horrific! If muslims have no respect and unity within themselves, how can they expect others to respect or understand them? This is just very disheartening!

How very true ...

these are dark times ... muslims have lost their direction

It all reminds me of a hadith (although I'm no scholar so it does not necessarily apply):

The prophet (pbuh) said: there will be fitan (tribulations), where the one who is sitting is better than the one standing, and the one standing is better than the one walking, and the one walking is better than the one running (i.e. the less involved the better). So who ever finds malja'a (safe haven) from them then go to it.

The spread of fornication and killing are signs of the nearing of judgement day. May Allah help the muslims.

dianek

Answer is simple, Takfiri التكفيرideology has taken root in Pakistani religious schools, those people are on the thinking that they have right to do functions of the State. I study in Islamabad and I did not go to pray in mosque, because i was affraid such thing can happen here also. Very sad :(

Forgive me, but what is Takfiri ideology? I am trying to understand, sorry if I sound dumb.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Takfiri ideology is a thought school adopted by a group of muslims that label other muslims as apostates using loose definitions. This is often applied to oppressive rulers who fail to meet the aspirations of their nations (reasons for this are usually very complex but they simplify this by accusing them of being "traitors").

This have serious implications. Those rulers are labelled as enemy of Islam therefore they should be fought against and this become the primary way of changing things. This leads to violence. This inevitably will lead to them commiting worse sins than the ones they are trying to correct. WHAT BIGGER SIN CAN BE THAN TAKING INNOCENT LIFE ? May Allah help the muslims.

dianek

Not dumb question at all, we have studied at the Islamic University this very deeply and i will try to explain in short.History of Takfir goes in first century of Islam but these new trand was since first Afghans war or even it was born in in Egyptians jails when muslims were tortured by "muslims" police. Nowdays known as Takfir wal-Hijra (Arabic تكفير والهجرة - Excommunication and Exodus) is a violent neo-Khawarij "Muslim" extremist group which emerged in Egypt in the 1960s.
They believe that any means justify the end and, that killing other Muslims can be justified in their cause and that Western society is heathen and it is their duty to destroy it. At some points they are right but.....
In 1977 agricultural engineer Shukri Mustafa became the group's leader. He had begun to build the group after release from prison in 1971. He emphasized a complete break from all of Muslim society which he deemed kafir. Members were therefore to live in an alternative community, or even in caves in upper Egypt. Muslims who felt alienated or marginalized in modern Egypt joined this group for a sense of community. A surprising number of women joined, as he offered them a break from their responsibilities as daughters by deeming their families to be kafir. Although within the group, he had tremendous authority by setting himself up as a kind of Mahdi claimant who could arrange marriages and forbid all outside contact. These activities caused lawsuits from the families of women who joined the group.

In 1977 the group decided to battle mainstream society by kidnapping a Muslim cleric. After Mustafa was captured and executed in 1978 former members were linked to the assassination of Anwar Sadat. The ideology Mustafa helped formulate became an influence on later Takfiri groups.

Takfir wal-Hijra's ideology is so extreme that in 1996 the group plotted to assassinate Osama bin Laden, supposedly for being insufficiently radical. Many also considered the Taliban movement in Afghanistan to be unbelievers.
The group has a radical neo-Khawarij ideology,
Kharijites (Arabic Khawārij خوارج, literally "Those who Go Out".
They first emerged in the late 7th century AD, concentrated in today's southern Iraq, and are distinct from the Sunnis and Shiites.
Kharijites were also known historically as the Shurat, meaning "those who have sold their souls to God", which, unlike the term "Kharijite", was one that many Kharijites used to describe themselves.
The origin of Kharijism lies in the first Islamic civil war: a struggle for political supremacy over the Muslim community in the years following the death of Muhammadص. The third Caliph, Uthman ibn Affan, was killed by mutineers in 656 AD, and a struggle for succession ensued between Ali, the cousin and son-in-law of Muhammadص, and Muāwiyahض, Governor of Damascus and cousin of Uthmanض. I think it is enough to say that they are goup of the people who want to take justice in their hands, wha is ilegal in shariah law.

Wow....so it is just like a "cult" in western terms......Like a David Koresh type thing.....except violent to outside members, not to themselves....interesting.....Thank you for the explanation!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Not dumb question at all, we have studied at the Islamic University this very deeply and i will try to explain in short.History of Takfir goes in first century of Islam but these new trand was since first Afghans war or even it was born in in Egyptians jails when muslims were tortured by "muslims" police. Nowdays known as Takfir wal-Hijra (Arabic تكفير والهجرة - Excommunication and Exodus) is a violent neo-Khawarij "Muslim" extremist group which emerged in Egypt in the 1960s.
They believe that any means justify the end and, that killing other Muslims can be justified in their cause and that Western society is heathen and it is their duty to destroy it. At some points they are right but.....
In 1977 agricultural engineer Shukri Mustafa became the group's leader. He had begun to build the group after release from prison in 1971. He emphasized a complete break from all of Muslim society which he deemed kafir. Members were therefore to live in an alternative community, or even in caves in upper Egypt. Muslims who felt alienated or marginalized in modern Egypt joined this group for a sense of community. A surprising number of women joined, as he offered them a break from their responsibilities as daughters by deeming their families to be kafir. Although within the group, he had tremendous authority by setting himself up as a kind of Mahdi claimant who could arrange marriages and forbid all outside contact. These activities caused lawsuits from the families of women who joined the group.

In 1977 the group decided to battle mainstream society by kidnapping a Muslim cleric. After Mustafa was captured and executed in 1978 former members were linked to the assassination of Anwar Sadat. The ideology Mustafa helped formulate became an influence on later Takfiri groups.

Takfir wal-Hijra's ideology is so extreme that in 1996 the group plotted to assassinate Osama bin Laden, supposedly for being insufficiently radical. Many also considered the Taliban movement in Afghanistan to be unbelievers.
The group has a radical neo-Khawarij ideology,
Kharijites (Arabic Khawārij خوارج, literally "Those who Go Out".
They first emerged in the late 7th century AD, concentrated in today's southern Iraq, and are distinct from the Sunnis and Shiites.
Kharijites were also known historically as the Shurat, meaning "those who have sold their souls to God", which, unlike the term "Kharijite", was one that many Kharijites used to describe themselves.
The origin of Kharijism lies in the first Islamic civil war: a struggle for political supremacy over the Muslim community in the years following the death of Prophet Muhammadص. The third Caliph, Uthman ibn Affan, was killed by mutineers in 656 AD, and a struggle for succession ensued between Ali, the cousin and son-in-law of Muhammadص, and Muāwiyahض, Governor of Damascus and cousin of Uthmanض. I think it is enough to say that they are goup of the people who want to take justice in their hands, what is ilegal in Shariah law.

eh thanx for telling about this i didnt know this stuff although i live in pakistan.

man this is sad.
i just found out from this website. i DON'T watch tv news cuz of stuff like this in pakistan alwayz happen.
Thanx to ALLAH that the city i live in is safe, although 3 years back a bomb did explode but very few people died.
May ALLAH guide these people or throw them in the 7th level of hell.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Its not muslims doing it to muslims, its apostates from Islam doing it to Muslims, (murtads). I dont pretend to understand, nor will I make the effort to respect one of those people. Theres alot of politics in Pakistan - dirty politics, and if anybody thinks its 'obviously' 'pro-taleban' militants and its 'obviously' takfiri ideologues then i think theyre very naive. Political advantage over the other is all important at the moment, I wouldnt be surprised if this was simply some anti-musharraf force trying to weaken (more then it already is lol) mush's position.

Answer is simple, Takfiri التكفيرideology has taken root in Pakistani religious schools, those people are on the thinking that they have right to do functions of the State. I study in Islamabad and I did not go to pray in mosque, because i was affraid such thing can happen here also. Very sad :(
There is no simple answer, and i think your analysis is quite inaccurate and you make that generalisation about the madrasah's which isnt true.

I think people are too quick in labelling 'takfiri ideology'

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Thank you bro adriatic_boy for this story. Very informative.

May Allah have mercy on those killed unjustly and guide all those who gone astray. Amin.

abou haytam

salam o alikom brothers and sisters,

Thank you brother for sharing your point of view and i insist that people reading your post should take it as your point of view. The subject of Takfeer or (decalring someone non beleiver) is a big matter and this is exactly where the ummah is split and become weak. I suggest to our brothers and sisters new to islam to focus their interest to lear worship first ( prayers, fasting ..etc ). i would like the share with you a scholar point of view.

Guidelines on takfeer (ruling someone to be a kaafir)​

Question:

We hope that you can define the guidelines by means of which it is possible to determine whether someone is a kaafir or faasiq, so that I will not fall into the innovations into which many groups have fallen. Which books do you advise me to read? Please note that I am a beginner seeker of knowledge.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Determining whether someone is a kaafir or a faasiq (faasiq) is not up to us, rather it is up to Allaah, may He be exalted, and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This is one of the rulings of sharee’ah that is to be referred to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, so we should be very careful and base our judgement on clear proof. No one may be judged to be a kaafir or faasiq except the one whom the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate is a kaafir or faasiq.

The basic principle is that the one who appears outwardly to be a Muslim of good character is regarded as still being a Muslim of good character, until it is proven that this is no longer the case by means of evidence that is acceptable in sharee’ah. It is not permissible to take lightly the matter of judging someone to be a kaafir or faasiq, because that involves two very serious matters:

1 – It implies fabricating lies against Allaah with regard to this ruling, and fabricating lies against the one who is being judged.

2 – Falling into that which one accused one’s brother of, if he is free from that.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (6104) and Saheeh Muslim (60) it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man declares his brother to be a kaafir, it will apply to one of them.” According to another report: “Either it is as he said, otherwise it will come back to him.”

Secondly:

Based on this, before ruling that a Muslim is a kaafir or a faasiq, two things must be examined:

1 – The evidence of the Qur’aan or Sunnah that this word or this action implies that a person is a kaafir or a faasiq.

2 – Applying this ruling to a specific person who says or does that thing, such that the conditions of judging a person to be a kaafir or faasiq will be met in his case, and there are no impediments.

Among the most important of these conditions are the following:

1 – That he should be aware of his transgression that renders him a kaafir or faasiq, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell — what an evil destination!”

[al-Nisa’ 4:115]

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoid. Verily, Allaah is the All-Knower of everything”

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

Hence the scholars said that a person who denies obligatory duties should not be judged to be a kaafir if he is new in Islam, until that has been explained to him.

2 – A reason why he cannot be ruled to be a kaafir or faasiq is if he does something that incurs such a judgement involuntarily. This may take several forms such as:

For example, he may be forced to do that, so he does that because he is forced to, not because he accepts that. He is not a kaafir in that case, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whoever disbelieved in Allaah after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith; but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allaah, and theirs will be a great torment”

[al-Nahl 16:106]

Another example is when he is not thinking straight, so he does not know what he is saying because of extreme joy or sorrow or fear and so on. The evidence for that is the report narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2744) from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah rejoices more over the repentance of His slave when he repents to Him than one of you who was on his mount in the wilderness, then he lost it, and his food and drink are on it, and he despairs of finding it. He goes to a tree and lies down in its shade, having lost hope of finding his mount, and whilst he is like that, there it is standing in front of him, so he takes hold of its reins and says, because of his intense joy, ‘O Allaah, You are my slave and I am your lord,’ making this mistake because of his intense joy.”

3 – Misinterpetation. He may have some confusion and some misinterpretation that he adheres to, thinking that it forms evidence for his beliefs, or he may not be able to understand and comprehend shar’i evidence and proof in the proper way. Therefore, judging someone to be a kaafir is not valid except in the case of one who deliberately goes against the shar’i evidence and who knows that he is wrong.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:5]

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (23/349):

Imam Ahmad (may Allaah be pleased with him) prayed for mercy for them (i.e., the caliphs who were influenced by the view of the Jahamis who claimed that the Qur’aan was created, and supported it) and prayed for forgiveness for them, because he knew that it was not clear to them that they were disbelieving the Messenger and denying what he had brought, rather they misinterpreted and erred, and followed those who said that to them. End quote.

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (12/180):

With regard to takfeer (judging someone to be a kaafir), the correct view is that a member of the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who strives to reach the truth concerning a certain issue, but reaches the wrong conclusion, is not to be deemed a kaafir, rather he will be forgiven for his mistake. But the one who understands the message brought by the Messenger, but deliberately goes against the way of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) after true guidance has become clear to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers, is a kaafir. The one who follows his whims and desires and fails to seek the truth and speaks without knowledge is a disobedient sinner, and may be a faasiq, but he may have some good deeds that outweigh his bad deeds. End quote.

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: (3/229):

However, and those who sit with me know this about me, I am always one of those who most emphatically forbid describing a specific person as a kaafir, faasiq or sinner, unless it is known that shar’i proof has been established against him, and it has been proven whether he is a kaafir, a faasiq or a sinner. I affirm that Allaah has forgiven this ummah for its mistakes, which includes mistakes in narrative and practical issues. The salaf continued to debate many of these issues but none of them testified that anyone else was a kaafir or a faasiq or a sinner.

He mentioned some examples, then he said:

I also state that what has been narrated from the salaf and the imams, stating that the one who says such and such is a kaafir, is also true, but it is essential to differentiate between general rules and specific cases.

… Takfeer is a kind of warning; even though the words may be a rejection of what the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, the man may be new in Islam, or he may have grown up in a remote region. Such a person cannot be ruled to be a kaafir, no matter what he denies, unless proof has been established against him. The man may not have heard of those texts, or he may have heard them but they were nit proven to him , or he may have some ideas that are contrary to what he heard, that med him to misinterpret the text.

I always remember the hadeeth in al-Saheehayn, which speaks of the man who said: “ ‘When I die, burn me and crush (my bones), then scatter me in the sea, for by Allaah, if Allaah grasps hold of me He will punish me as He has not punished anyone else in the world.’ They did that, and Allaah said: ‘What made you do what you did?’ He said: ‘Fear of You.’ And He forgave him.”

This man doubted the power of Allaah and doubted that He would restore him if his remains were scattered; rather he believed that he would not be resurrected, which is kufr according to the consensus of the Muslims. But he was ignorant and did not know about that; however, he was a believer who feared that Allaah would punish him, so He forgave him because of that.

One who is qualified to engage in ijtihaad and who bases his incorrect notion on some misinterpretation of some text but is sincere in his keenness to follow the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is even more deserving of forgiveness than such a person. End quote.

(Based on Khaatimah al-Qawaa’id al-Muthla by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).)

Because the matter of takfeer is so serious, and mistakes therein are so grave, the seeker of knowledge, especially if he is a beginner, should refrain from indulging in that, and he should focus on acquiring beneficial knowledge that will set his own affairs straight in this world and the Hereafter.

Thirdly:

Before we suggest some books to you, we should advise you to seek knowledge directly from scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah, because that is the easiest and safest way; but that is subject to the condition that the one from whom you learn is trustworthy in terms of his knowledge and religious commitment and following of the Sunnah, and in avoidance of whims and desires and innovations.

Muhammad ibn Sireen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This knowledge is the (foundation of) religion, so watch from whom you learn your religion. Narrated by Muslim in the Introduction to his Saheeh.

If it is not possible where you are to attend lessons given by scholars, then you can make use of their tapes, as it has become easy to obtain them on CDs and websites, praise be to Allaah. You can also benefit from some seekers of knowledge who are keen to acquire shar’i knowledge and follow the Sunnah; hardly any place is without such people, in sha Allaah.

Fourthly:

Books which you should strive to acquire and study include the following:

Tafseer: Tasfeer Ibn Sa’di; Tafseer Ibn Katheer.

Hadeeth: al-Arba’een al-Nawawiyyah (al-Nawawi’s 40), with a commentary thereon; al-Ihtimaam bi Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam by Ibn Rajab; Riyaadh al-Saaliheen – you may pay special attention to this blessed book, and you can also learn from the commentary thereon by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).

‘Aqeedah: Study Kitaab al-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab, with its commentary; al-‘Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah; some other useful essays on this topic such as Tahqeeq Kalimat al-Ikhlaas by Ibn Rajab and al-Tuhfah al-‘Iraaqiyyah fi’l-A’maal al-Qalbiyyah by Ibn Taymiyah.

You can also benefit from Zaad al-Ma’aad by Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) and many of his other books such as al-Waabil al-Sayyib and al-Da’ wa’l-Dawa’.

This is a start. If you study these books, especially if there is someone who can help you to read and understand them, then you can move on to other books, in sha Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
What our beloved Prophet (PBUH) said about these events.

Hope these Hadith will give some perspective about where we are going, and help in preparing ourselves for the future.

The Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is reported to have said in a Hadith:

"If two Muslims meet each other with their swords then (both) the killer and the killed one will be in the (Hell) Fire.' when asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! It is alright for the killer, but what about the killed one?' He (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said, "The killed one was as eager to kill his opponent."

The Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said in another Hadith:

A time will come upon the people when there will be a great deal of a (confusion/disturbance), on being asked about He (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) answered: It is killing and robbing, i.e., in those days these crimes will increase by leaps and bounds and human life will become meaner than that of mosquitoes and flies.

The Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has said in another Hadith:

A time will come upon the people in which the killer will not know why he killed the victim nor will the victim killed know why he was killed.

It is narrated by Sayyidn'a Abdullah bin Umar (RA) that the Holy Propeht (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said:

Until recently the people were not able to understand the real meaning of this Hadith, but now the meaning has become quite clear to them. The hadith may be translated as under:

When the belly of Makkah will be cleft open and through it will be dug out river-like passage (i.e. tunnels) and the buildings of the Holy City of Makkah will rise higher than its mountains when you observe these signs, then understand that the time of ? (Trial) is near at hand.

:wasalam:

it was bad wat happened but the weird thing is in peshawar they celebrate eid without looking at the moon and they dont care wat the religious commity which watches the moon says when eid is.....so basically i dont get how they were celebrating eid on thursday rather friday like the rest of pakistan was...they jz do this bcause they have these warlord type people in their area which have too much pride and cant stand following some1 else decision and since they r really strong in their area they can do eid whenever they like without watching any moon watsoever :angryblue::angryblue::angryblue::angryblue::angryblue::angryblue:

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
every single EID the peshawar people do eid one day before us. it's not just this eid all of the eid's
this sux cuz we all talk about muslims being united and unite and unite etc etc and in one countries there are 2 EID's