Palestine

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Mouse Story ....

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the
farmer and his wife open a package.

"What food might this contain?" The mouse wondered -
he was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the
warning.

"There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap
in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and
said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you
but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it."

The mouse turned to the sheep and told him, "There is a
mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The sheep sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse,
but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers."

The mouse turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you,
but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap-- alone.

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house --
like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the
darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake
whose tail the trap had caught.

The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her
to the hospital and she returned home with a fever.
Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup,
so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient.

But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the sheep.

The farmer's wife did not get well; she died.
So many people came for her funeral, the farmer
had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them.

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember -- when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk.

We are all involved in this journey called life.
We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

For request of one sister

Aapa

Mirajmom
How to Help Fellow Palestinians

Search »

Advanced Search »

A Mercy for All

Shari`ah & Humanity

Islamic Terms Revisited

Friday Khutbahs

Religious Pages

Live Fatwas

Live Dialogues

Shari`ah Forum

Services
Events Calendar

Shari`ah Sites

Prayer Times

Your Contributions

Please read below:

Last Update: 04:46 GMT, Thursday, Jun. 28, 2007

Living Shari`ah > Ask The Scholar

Search
Submit Question
Receive Answer
Browse

Name of Questioner
Fatimah - Somalia

Title
How to Help Fellow Palestinians

Question
As-Salamu `alaykum! First, I want to say “May Allah bless you for what you’re doing.” Secondly, I'd like to ask you if there is a way I and others, who feel pain for what the Palestinians are going through, can help our brothers in Palestine. Most Muslims don’t know what else to do but pray. There is no doubt that Allah is capable of everything, but He subhanahu wa ta`laa also told us to be united in the fight against the oppressors.

Date
26/Jun/2007

Name of Mufti
Ahmad Kutty

Topic
Jihad: Rulings & Regulations

Answer

Wa`alykum As-Salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. Thank you also your encouraging words.

It is the duty of every Muslim to help ease the suffering of his fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in every part of the world where Muslims are oppressed, especially in Palestine. The least thing a Muslim can do in this regard is to beseech Allah to ease the suffering of his fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine and to grant them victory over their enemies.

Responding to the question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states the following:

As Muslims it is our religious duty to show solidarity with our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Palestine, Kashmir and every part of the world; we must also show solidarity with the oppressed in any part of the world regardless of their religious or racial or ethnic affiliations.

When we come to specific ways of translating this solidarity into practical steps, I can classify them into long term and short term measures.

Short term measures:

1. We must offer charities for the relief of the suffering. While doing so it is important to feel the pain and suffering they are going through right now as if we ourselves were being personally hurt.

2. We should recite Qunut An-Nazilah. This is the kind of special prayer recommended in time of calamities and tragedies. As a community we must close our ranks and pray from our hearts for the brothers and sisters who are suffering most terribly; it is our duty to pray to Allah to grant them victory and relief. Qunut An-Nazilah can be recited both individually and collectively. While reciting it collectively, it is best that we choose to read it during Fajr, `Isha' and Jumu`ah Prayers. There are two valid ways of reciting Qunut; it must be done in the last rak`ah, either before going to ruku` after finishing the recitation or after rising from ruku` and saying ‘rabbanaa laka al-hamdu’, and prior to going to prostration; both are perfectly valid options.

Here is a sample of Qunut An-Nazilah in transliteration:

“Allaahumma innaa nasta`eenubika wa nastaghfiruka

Wa nu’minu bika wa nuthnee `alayka

Wa nakfuru wa naturuku man yafjuruka

Allaahumma iyyaaka na`budu walaka nusallee wa nasjudu

Wa ilayka nas`aa wa nahfidu

Narjoo rahmataka wa nakshaa `adhaabaka

Inna `adhaabaka al-jidda bi al-kuffaari mulhiq

Allahumma `alayka bi as-ssahaayinah al-mu`tadeena al-mujrimeena

Alladheena istabaahoo al-hurumaati wa qataloo wa sharradoo al-mustadh`afeen fee Filasteen,

Allaahuma innahum laa yu`jizoonaka

Allaahumma rabba al-mustadh`afeen

Unsur al-mustadh`afeen (three times)

Allaahumma arinaa feehim `ajaa’iba qudratika
Allaahumma ij`al tadbeerahum tadmeeran alayhim

Wa ij`al jundahum jundan `alayhim

Wa ij`al sijnahum sijnan `alayhim

Allaahumma unsur al-mustadh`afeen fee kulli makaani
(three times)

Allaahumma unsurhum nasran mu’azzaran (three times)

Alllaahumm irham ummata Muhammad (three times)

Allaahumm farrij `an ummati Muhammadin (three times)

Allaahumma yaa muqalliba al-qulooba thabbit quloobanaa `alaa al-haqq

Allaahumma ij`alnaa hadeen muhtadeen

Allaahumma salli wa sallim `ala nabiyyika wa rasoolika Muhammadin wa `alaa aalihi wa sahbihee ajma`een.”

“O Allah, We seek Your help; we beseech Your forgiveness.

We affirm our faith in You; we praise You.

We reject and abandon everyone who forsakes You.

O Allah, You alone do we worship; unto You alone we pray, and before You alone we prostrate in worship.

Unto You alone we strive and implore.

We cherish hope in Your mercy; we fear Your chastisement.

Most certainly, Your stern punishment will overtake those who reject the truth.

O Allah, we ask Your help against the aggressive Zionists who have committed crimes (against the oppressed), who have violated the sanctities, and killed, and dispersed the oppressed in Palestine.

O Allah, they cannot overwhelm You.

O Allah, You who are the Lord of the oppressed,
Help the oppressed (against their oppressors).

O Allah, show us Your miraculous powers in dealing with them (i.e. the aggressors).

O Allah, make their plans a plan for their destruction.

Make their armies a source of their own defeat.

Make their prison a prison for them.

O Allah, help the oppressed against the oppressors in all parts of the world.

O Allah, have mercy on the Ummah of Muhammad.

O Allah, bring relief to the Ummah of Muhammad.

O Allah, You are the twister of hearts, make our feet steadfast on the path of truth.

O Allah, make us all guides unto truth and make us rightly guided.

O Allah, bless and send peace on Your Prophet and Messenger Muhammad and his entire family and Companions.

Long term efforts:

As for long term efforts, they must include analyzing the reasons for our downfall and despondent state as well as seeking to remove them through concerted and methodical efforts and strategies. We cannot expect our condition to change through erratic, hysterical outbursts; we must become proactive instead of acting out impulsively. As the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “There is no intelligence greater than planning”. Stated differently, we must plan and work out strategies methodically and systematically; let me list a few points in this regard:

1. We must organize our priorities and seek to mobilize the spiritual and intellectual and other resources of the community to strengthen the Ummah and protect it.

2. We must prepare a new generation of trained professionals and experts who would protect us against the misinformation and deliberate cover up and false propaganda in the media.

3. We should reach out to other communities and cooperate with all the peace-loving people, regardless of their religious or ethnic affiliations, and work for the cause of truth and justice and fundamental rights of all fellow citizens and human beings.

4. We must recapture the essential universal, ethical values and ideals of Islam and accentuate them, rather than being ossified on dogmas and rituals.

5. The Ummah cannot be mobilized for the higher ideals of Islam so long as the Minbar (the pulpit from where religious speeches are given) remains a dead piece of wood. We must remember that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) trained an entire generation of leaders from the University of Minbar.