Part-time Casework Support Officer

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This was e-mailed to me:

19 September 2011

Part-time Casework Support Officer, Vacancy at the Islamic Human Rights Commission

IHRC is looking for a part time casework support officer.

2-3 days a week
12 months starting October/November 2011
£14,000 pro rata

IHRC is looking for a part-time casework support officer to provide case-work and administrative support. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking experience within a grass roots civil society organisation that deals with domestic advocacy, research and international campaigning.

IHRC hours are 10 am - 6 pm, and our offices are based in Wembley, London. Some work during unsociable hours may be required.

Applicants should be computer literate, and some experience of case-work is desirable. Applicants should provide at least two personal references and a CV, with a covering letter briefly outlining why they want to work for IHRC to [email protected].

Applications must be received by 12pm, 30 September, and short-listed candidates should be available for interviews between 3 and 7 October.

Job description

* Dealing with varied cases of discrimination due to Islamophobia in different areas including: anti-terror laws, prison discrimination, employment rights, mental health, immigration, police misconduct and racially and religiously motivated hate crimes
* Interviewing clients, taking clients' instructions and advising clients on legal issues
* Corresponding with clients and regularly updating them on the progress of their case
* Researching and analysing information including client and witness statements, medical reports, legal documents, case histories, police and local authority reports
* Maintaining accurate, complete and confidential case files and attendance notes
* Undertake basic case-work administration
* Drafting police complaints
* Liaising with barristers and solicitors on specific cases
* Where necessary referring clients to other agencies such as Citizen Advice Bureaus, Domestic Violence organisations, police bodies and solicitors firms

I live on the other side of the ocean.

John Smith

Being the job hours are part time & you live across the pond have you considered taking up swimming to fill the role?

:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

I love to swim..but had to give it up. It is impossible to find a pool that is for women only...but I would not swim the Atlantic..you always hear about monsters that lurk in the deep deep gray waters.

strive-may-i

Assalaam walikum,

I love to swim..but had to give it up. It is impossible to find a pool that is for women only...but I would not swim the Atlantic..you always hear about monsters that lurk in the deep deep gray waters.

Submarines chasing a Sub-Marine!! Not good....
But whats IHRC all about, i figured out now. Good to know, and you might do better to not highlight the pay part of contract?!! A private mail...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not know. I just posted it for someone overseas. I know the economy is tough.

I have never been in a submarine..but I prefer calmer seas.