pause and stop a little....

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

lets sometimes pause and stop for a while to think and clearly define for whom i am muslim? for Allah or bcoz all are muslims in my place?

for whom i pray and fast and give zakat? for Allah or bcoz my family does this too.

for whom i dont drink and make relations with girls (or guys for sisters)? for Allah or bcoz what will people say if they get to know it?

for whom i gain Islamic knowledge? for Allah or so that my friends will praise my intelligence?

lets pause and stop for a while!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
:jazaak: for the reminder brother :)
It is so necessary to keep in touch with our intentions at all times and not allow any gateway for shaytaan or our desires to creep in through.

:wasalam:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Jazakalalhu Khair for the small but deep CHECK POINT !!

Just removed my spectacles and thought for a while.. and wore them again...
And with many dua's and a cool "Alhamdulillah", I am continuing to read other threads as well Insha Allah...

Wonderful..

Jazakallahu Khair for sharing !!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

lets sometimes pause and stop for a while to think and clearly define for whom i am muslim? for Allah or bcoz all are muslims in my place?
Well considering that there are not very many Muslims where I live, it wasn't for myself that I took shahada.

for whom i pray and fast and give zakat? for Allah or bcoz my family does this too.
Well, again, none of my family is Muslim, so it wasn't for myself. I did it because it felt like the right thing to do.

for whom i dont drink and make relations with girls (or guys for sisters)? for Allah or bcoz what will people say if they get to know it?
Now this one I have to admit is also for myself as much as it is for Allah. Drinking is something I have struggled with for a while and I have been trying to quit for a while, so this is as much a personal decision as it is a relgious one. Same with women. I've never been very successful at relations with women so not having any around is really. In fact, I like the seperation of genders in Islam because not having any women around means I am not distracted by women in my pursuit of knowledge. Plus it's easier for me to just not deal with women at the moment.

for whom i gain Islamic knowledge? for Allah or so that my friends will praise my intelligence?
For myself. Allah does not benefit from me gaining knowledge, because He already knows everything. It's for me to become a better man.