People are like camels

umm hussain

As-Salamu `Alaykum;

Not long ago, some of my brothers reminded me of this hadith, and I thought I would share the following:

(Ibn `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him said that he heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) say:

"People are but like the case of one-hundred camels, you hardly find one among them worthy to ride."

This hadith was recorded by al-Bukhari, and similar wording was recorded by Muslim and at-Tirmithi.

Indeed camels are for riding, and if we take this example and compare it to the purpose of humanity;

"I have not created jinn and humans but to worship Me." (ath-Thaariyaat 51:56)

Then we may learn an important lesson from this hadith. Just as it is difficult to find a good camel out of one-hundred, so out of one-hundred people it is hard to find a good worshipper. Sorrowful are those who proudly think they are fit for riding, yet when examined by their master, they are deemed unworthy for the task. This is our state, as Allah said:

"And most of them do not believe but that they commit shirk." (Yusuf 12:106)

So this is the greatest danger for the servant, that he fail in his duty to worship Allah alone, by giving a share of his servitude to others. This is the greatest form of wrong that one can do to themselves, and it renders them weak and unable to carry the load. Certainly, the best camel is the one who can carry the load.

This is the way men are, most of them can not carry the load. So the greatest fortune that the servant has in this life and the hereafter, the thing that he truly possesses, the wealth that he has that will never leave him, is that he is a servant of the one true God who forgives those who repent to Him. Repentance, will make him fit for his duty, and if it is sincere, it will save him in the next world, and he will have been deemed a worthy creature, a penitent servant of his Lord.)

(Taken from Hadiths Needed by Those Who Talk of Manhaj)

Jazakum Allahu khaira.

Was-Salamu `Alaykum,

Abu Khaliyl.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:Jazakallahu Khairan!! This is the first time reading this Hadith. Knowledge is beautiful, subhanallah!:hearts:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:wasalam:

MASHA ALLAH
sis a wonderful post
a wonderful reminder ,,,,,
plz pray for us
:salam2:
indeed a wonderfull post :D
_________
i more likely see people as SHEEP :lol:
one does 1 thing and they all follow him :lol: