please help me : )

mustang

selam,

i have a Discussion with a cristhian and he asked me:

How can Koranen mix together the mother of Jesus with Moses sister who lived about 2000 years before?

Who was it that led the people of Israel to the construction of the Golden Calf?

Qur'an asserts something about "Ezra" who is this in accordance to the Jews, according to the Qur'an?

can some one answer this question : )

mustang

surah maryam
28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

:D

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

surah maryam
28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

:D

I think the verse you quoted answered the first question. Aaron ( Harun) in this verse is not the brother of Moses, but another pious man at the time of Mariam ( Mary). This fact has been clarified in all books of Tafseer (exoplanation of the Noble Qur'an).

As for your second question, the one who led the people of Israel to the construction of the Golden Calf was called As-Sâmirî. He could see Angel Gabriel (Jibril) walking on land, he took a handful of dust from the print of Gabriel and threw it onto the calf. It made the calf make a sound like that of a real one.

95 [Mûsâ (Moses)] said: "And what is the matter with you. O Sâmirî? (i.e. why did you do so?)"
96 (Sâmirî) said: "I saw what they saw not, so I took a handful (of dust) from the (hoof) print of the messenger [Jibrîl’s (Gabriel) horse] and threw it [into the fire in which were put the ornaments of Fir‘aun’s (Pharaoh) people, or into the calf]. Thus my inner-self suggested to me." (20-95 & 96)

As for your third question, about Ezra or Uzair, the Jews claimed falsely that he was son of Allah, here is the verse about him:

30 And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of those who disbelieved aforetime. Allâh’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth! (Chapter #9, Verse #30)

mustang

thanks for the help but he asking : )

How can a samaritan guide Israel in the construction of the Golden Calf when it was at least 1000 years before there was only a Samaritan?

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

thanks for the help but he asking : )

How can a samaritan guide Israel in the construction of the Golden Calf when it was at least 1000 years before there was only a Samaritan?

As-samri was the name of the man who made the calf for Bani Israel.

There are different interpretations on who As-Samiri was.

Muhammad Ibn Ishaq reported from Ibn Abbas that he said, "As-Samiri was a man from the people of Bajarma, a people who worshipped cows. He still had the love of cow worshipping in his soul. However, he acted as though he had accepted Islam with the Children of Israel. His name was Musa bin Zafar. (Tarikh At-Tabari 1:424) Qatadah said, "He was from the village of Samarra. (At-Tabari 18:363) (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Abridged, Darussalam Publishers & Distributors, 2000, vol. 6, p.382 )

Ibn Kathir gives his own opinion on this matter is his Qasas Al-Anbiyah:

A man from the among the Israelites, whose name was Aaron Samiri, came forth and took all the jewellery which had been borrowed from the Egyptians, and moulded it into a calf after he had melted them. (Stories of the Prophets:Israelites and the worshipping of the calf, Ibn Kathir)

According to Ibn Kathir's interpretation, As-Samiri was an Israelite himself, and made the calf with the help of his fellow Israelites. (For a more detailed discussion on As-Samiri please see articles by the Islamic-Awareness.org team

So there is no relation between As-Samiri and Samaritans who have insisted that they are direct descendants of the Northern Israelite tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, who survived the destruction of the Northern kingdom of Israel by the Assyrians in 722 BCE (or BC).

).

BigAk

I think the verse you quoted answered the first question. Aaron ( Harun) in this verse is not the brother of Moses, but another pious man at the time of Mariam ( Mary). This fact has been clarified in all books of Tafseer (exoplanation of the Noble Qur'an).

I think this explanation is wrong.... My understanding is that Aaron referred to here is through the lineage and geneology that Mary descends from; and not another pious man.... This makes better sense and accuracy.

If it is this other pious man, who is he in history?? and how come no other reference has been made about him if he's mentioned by name in the Quran.

Your explanation above makes little sense and introduces problems.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

I think this explanation is wrong.... My understanding is that Aaron referred to here is through the lineage and geneology that Mary descends from; and not another pious man.... This makes better sense and accuracy.

If it is this other pious man, who is he in history?? and how come no other reference has been made about him if he's mentioned by name in the Quran.

Your explanation above makes little sense and introduces problems.

It is not my explanation, brother as I have no authority to explain the Noble Qur'an. What I have said is one of the opinions of the scholars about Aaron mentioned as Maryam's brother.

The Glorious Qur’aan has used this idiomatic expression i.e. أُخْتَ هَارُونَ for Maryam مريم in the language of the Yahud and/or Israelites. Also like Akh the word Ukht is frequently used in Arabic for cooperation, similarity in religion, nationality and trade. Thus, linguistically this idiomatic expression might be referring to Apostle Harun هارون who was famous for his nobility and piety among Israelites, even more than Musa عليه السلام. Harun هارون might be a contemporary of Maryam مريم and might be well known among the people of that time. It is also possible that Harun هارون might be the name of a noble and pious brother of Maryam مريم, as there exist no detail of the Children of Imran (Maryam’s father). These three possibilities are tenable.

http://www.islam-is-the-only-solution.com/sister.htm

BigAk

That explanation above refers to Harun (pbu) and not just any pious man. In addition, the idea of Mary having a brother named Harun is a speculation as it clearly says above.

farhopes

No God but Allah
That explanation above refers to Harun (pbu) and not just any pious man. In addition, the idea of Mary having a brother named Harun is a speculation as it clearly says above.

Salam,

Please read the quoted explanation again. Scholars have three different views about Aaron in Surat Mariam. I just mentioned their different views.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Salam Alaikum

This is the explanation that makes most sense to me:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97525&postcount=11

Jazak Allah khair

It makes sense to me as well. However, I do respect other explanations mentioned in the books of Tafseer ( explanations of the Qur'an) .

I found another view of Ibn Kathir saying:

(O sister of Harun!) This means, "O one resembling Harun (Aaron) in worship.''

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=19&tid=31187

The most important thing here is that we should show those who hunt for contradictions in the Noble Qur'an that there are not any contradictions in the Noble Qur'an and there are not any historical errors.

Those who just take the Quranic verses out of their context and without studying the explanation of the scholars should stop doing that because there will be always more than an answer to refute their false claims.

farhopes

No God but Allah
. What makes this issue an interesting one is that prophet Aaron, peace be upon him was the half brother of Moses (pbuh) as evidenced by 20:94 and he had a sister named Mary. She is the sister God refers to in 28:11. Furthermore, Lady Mary, the mother of Jesus (pbuh) is a direct descendant of Aaron the prophet. That makes the charge that Muhammad (pbuh) confused the two Marys has merit on its face for people who do not understand Semitic languages.

Yes, it is interesting. I just wounder how those people, who accused prophet Muhammad (pbuh) of inventing the Noble Qur'an and therefore confused the two Marys, do not ask themselves the very logic question: " how can an illiterate Arab man who never read a book or sat with a rabbi or a monk know about any of the two Marys to confuse between them except it was all revealed to him from Allah???"

Allah the Almighty chose His prophet to be illiterate to refute any of such false claims that he invented the Noble Qur'an. All his knowledge about the previous prophets, righteous people and ancient events were revealed to him from Allah Who educated Muhammad pbuh to be the most knowledgeable man on Earth.

Allah told him what can be translated as:

"We relate unto you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur’ân. And before this (i.e. before the coming of Divine Revelation to you), you were among those who knew nothing about it (the Qur’ân)." Chapter #12, Verse #3

Rashadi

selam,

i have a Discussion with a cristhian and he asked me:

How can Koranen mix together the mother of Jesus with Moses sister who lived about 2000 years before?

Who was it that led the people of Israel to the construction of the Golden Calf?

Qur'an asserts something about "Ezra" who is this in accordance to the Jews, according to the Qur'an?

can some one answer this question : )

Salaam Aleykom, These verses are commonly quoted by Christian missionaries and no matter how many time one explains them to them they will still try to confuse those who are not aware. The Quran does not confuse Harun(as) as the literal brother of Mary(ra). If the Christian who likes to quote this verse would read the Quran as a whole instead of listening to his pastor, he would realize that the Quran is not confused at all. Let's look at the verse along with a few which clearly refute this false accusation:

"It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers." (5-44)

"We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers." (5-45)

"And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah." (5-46)

As you can see from the above three verses I quoted from surah Al Maida, The Taurat was revealed to Moses(as) and in the Foot steps of the previous prophets Allah sent Jesus(as). How could the Quran than get confused and call Mary the sister of Harun when Jesus came much after? The answer is simple and there is no confusion. Mary was from the tribe of Levi and Harun was a Levite as well. Sister of Harun is simply a figure of speech in this case and it becomes obvious as one reads the Quran with care as a whole and not just look for trouble and take things out of context.

As for the second question about the golden calf, there is nothing about no Samaritan and the verse refers to the person as Al Samiri and that is not a Samaritan. The Christian is just lost and listening to them Coptic and other anti-Islamic sites. Tell him/her to not be shy but go to the source to learn Islam. I wouldn't go to a Nazi to learn about Judaism, so why go to a Christian in order to learn about Islam?

The third question about Ezra(Uzair) there were Jews in Southern Arabia at the time of Rasulullah (saaws) who made such claims and this verse is simply refering to them. It is not talking about all Jews but only those who make such claims.

I hope the answers clarify the questions and tell the person to be open minded.

BigAk

Yes, it is interesting. I just wounder how those people, who accused prophet Muhammad (pbuh) of inventing the Noble Qur'an and therefore confused the two Marys, do not ask themselves the very logic question: " how can an illiterate Arab man who never read a book or sat with a rabbi or a monk know about any of the two Marys to confuse between them except it was all revealed to him from Allah???"

The Christians charge that the prophet got his knowledge from Waraqa the cousin of his wife Khadija which both were Christians.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

The Christians charge that the prophet got his knowledge from Waraqa the cousin of his wife Khadija which both were Christians.

This is very fragile because Waraqa Ibn Nawfal died at the very beginning of the revelation and Prophet Muhammad did not use to sit with him before the Message of Islam was sent to him.

Moreover, the Jewish rabbis of Madinah who accepted Islam asserted that Muhammad (pbuh) is exactly the sealed prophet they were reading about in the Bible.

Even those who did not accept Islam like Huyaii Ibn Akhtab confessed to his own brother that Muhammad is exactly the same one they read about in the Bible. Our Mother Safiya Bint Huyaii said that she heard her father and her uncle talking about the prophet and asserting he is him. However, they chose to reject the truth after it came to him as clear as the sun!!!!

meer suhail

ILM seeker
. IN THE SEMITIC LANGUAGES SISTER ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verses 27-28
‘Then she brought him (child) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! You have certainly done a thing unprecedented. "O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a man of evil nor was your mother unchaste!"” [Surah Maryam 19:27-28]

Christian missionaries say that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not know the difference between Mary the mother of Jesus (pbuh) and Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh). The time span between both was more than a thousand years.

In the Arabic construction of the sentence, sister is also considered as a descendant. Thus, when the people said to Mary, Ya Ukhta Haroon i.e. ‘O sister of Aaron’ it actually means descendant of Aaron (pbuh).

2. SON ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew, Chapter 1 verse 1
"Jesus Christ, the son of David,..".
[Mathew 1:1]

It is also mentioned in the Gospel of Luke Chapter 3, verse 23
"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph,..."
[Luke 3:23]

3. SO TRY ASKING HIM DID JESUS (PBUH) HAVE TWO FATHERS?

(The explanation of the phrase that Jesus (pbuh) was the son of David (pbuh), is that Jesus (pbuh) was a descendant of David (pbuh). So, ‘Son’ here too means a descendant.)

sunvesn

i advice you and every one before posting any threads to learn and read carefully the - very interesting - stories of prophets by ibn katheir

Aron who is the brother of marry ( mother of Jesus ) is not aron - pbu - the brother of Moses - pbu -

also her brother is not a prophet

he was a just a good religious Israeli guy

and thats all we know about him

salmo alekom brother