Please make Du'a for me urgent !!

Maghreb-United

I finally told my dad and my mom about my conversion to islam... my mom understood me better ... but my dad is very very shocked

:( he is very mad at me

i told him about why jesus can not be the son of god and why the trinity is false..

he still does not get it ! uhhh....

please i need your help !!!! make dua for me and i need advice how else can i explain it to my dad ?

Asalam Alaykom !!!

masihuddin

May Allah S.W.T. grant you strenght to stand up to your father
Couple of videoes on you tube may help in convincing your father about the falsehood of the concept of Ttinity
1-The top ten reasons why the Trinity is not valid by Dr Laurence Brown on the Deen Show
2- Can you explain the Trinity by Yusuf Estes on the same show

Maghreb-United

:salam2:

Thanks !!! I also figured out a way to convince him using the bible.. just like Dr. Laurence Brown did in the Deen Show..

Today alhamdulilah ar-rabi ela3lameen ....he gave me a kiss on my forehead and told me that he loves me very much.. awww <3 :hijabi:

So things will get better inshallah he might not agree with me but today he was a lot calmer and understanding... alhamdulilah for my parents.. they have their reasons to be preoccupied but also they need to hear my side of the facts and they way I now perceive reality :hijabi:

once again thanks... !

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Turn To Islam.

I finally told my dad and my mom about my conversion to islam... my mom understood me better ... but my dad is very very shocked

i told him about why jesus can not be the son of god and why the trinity is false..

please i need your help !!!! make dua for me and i need advice how else can i explain it to my dad ?

Asalam Alaykom !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Welcome To back to Islam sister.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

True_Sultan

A logical believer

Asalam Alaykom !!!

salam, you have my duas, my God grant you success. Firstly its good that your trying to show your dad the right way, but people are very opinionated and free will has made them so. Firstly learn islam yourself, learn to trust God message and all, then once you know, try to explain and teach others as well. Keep on trying and you will be fine inshallah. May God make it easier for you =)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister I wrote the following email to a Christian person named David. Maybe you could get some information from this post.
------------------------

Hello David,

I begin with the Islamic greetings of "Assalaam-o-alikum" which means peace and blessings be upon you.

I am sorry that I am replying after such a long time. I didn't forget you... I was just busy. And since I am not a good writer like you are (see how quickly you constructed such a good email and sent it to me) it is taking much longer for me.

I thank you for the offer of the DVD “More than Dreams”, I appreciate it very much, but I think that the bottom line is not a good DVD, but a good dependable and solid religion. For me the religion being solid and dependable is extremely critical because the whole eternal life in the hereafter depends on it. There is huge difference in quality of life in hell-fire verses in paradise. Nobody would want to be in hell-fire, so one should be very careful and shouldn't make any decision based on whim or tradition or ego etc. It has to be on the merit, as well as on the facts.

Those video links I sent you were not of just any revert to Islam... There are thousands of videos of people reverting to Islam all over the world, but I selected those videos because the gentlemen in it are Doctor of Divinity. And as you know how much money and efforts are needed to get this degree from the university, and these gentlemen went through it to have a deeper understanding of Christianity, to become a minister and then to teach and spread Christianity. So I cannot brush them aside and neither should you, because they have much more in depth knowledge than either of us. When they were doing their doctorate they never even dreamed to become a Muslim. But the more in depth knowledge exposed them to the corruption in biblical scripture and flaws in Christian belief, and they explained it all in the video.

You said in your email that the people and the videos like this is not making me read bible. That is not correct, because these videos are recent, and as I told you that I have already read bible back in 2006-2007 time. And I found it to be a very difficult book to read... specially Torah (Old Testament). And by difficult I don't mean difficult in language, but the kind of blasphemic material which made me throw away the book several times. And each time I pulled myself together saying to myself that I must read this book in order to talk to Christians and Jews. For example when I read this:

Genesis 9 Talks about Noah and his Son:
21 When he (Noah) drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent.
22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside.

Genesis 19 Talks about Lot and His Daughters:

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”
33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him
so we can preserve our family line through our father.”
35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.
37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab; he is the father of the Moabites of today.
38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

As we all know that Jews lost Torah at least twice. So when the Rabbis were re-constructing Torah, the good Rabbis wrote the good stuff but the bad Rabbis wrote bad stuff like the above mentioned verses. Now tell me.. Lot and his daughters were living in a cave, where these two girls got the wine from? From the party store?
And prophets are not dumb or morons who can't differentiate between water and wine. I found this quite blasphemic and *!*!*!*!ographic and an insult to intelligance.

Genesis 21
10 Sarah said to Abraham, “Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac.”
14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the Desert of Beersheba.

The behaviour attributed to Sarah here is so bad that if a women behave in my family like this, then I wouldn't talk to her. Sarah is acting like those women who come in Jerry Springer show and grab each other's throat. And today if a person do what Abraham allegedly did in these text by sending his wife and his own son (who was an infant), all alone, into the desert, that person will get arrested and put in the jail. What a wonderful role model we are presenting here. Amazing thing is that people have let those Rabbis get away with all this, and even more amazing thing is that people believe that this is true.
But it gets even more amazing...

Genesis 32 Jacob Wrestles With God.
22 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok.
23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions.
24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
27 The man asked him, “What is your name?” “Jacob,” he answered.
28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

These so-called "inspired by God" verses are at the top of blasphemic stuff which those bad Rabbis have added in Torah.

In Genesis 6 The Rabbis ridicule Almighty God like this:
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

This is why I am using the term 'good Rabbi' and 'bad Rabbi' because how can someone write all this, that God walked and ate food with Abraham, and wrestled with Jacob but couldn't defeat him etc, while in the same Torah it is written (by a good Rabbis):

Exodus 33:20 And God said, "Thou can not see My face: for there shall no man see Me, and live."
Now tell me... Isn't this a huge contradiction inside the bible.

Moreover I have noticed that moral teachings and human values are rarely found in Torah. On the contrary Torah professes several immoral and inhuman acts:
For example read: Leviticus 21: 16 - 23

And in (Numbers 31:7,17-18) How the Jews are encouraged to kill indiscriminately
7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones (little boys), and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18 But all the women children (little girls), that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

And in Joshua 6:21: "And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword."

As well as in Joshua 8
23 But they took the king of Ai alive and brought him to Joshua.
24 When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the wilderness where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it.
25 Twelve thousand men and women fell that day—all the people of Ai.
26 For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed all who lived in Ai.
27 But Israel did carry off for themselves the livestock and plunder of this city, as the LORD had instructed Joshua.

In the chapter Joshua 10 these "God inspired" Rabbis go on a rampage or on a killing spree, professing nothing but killing and genocide and destruction:
32 The LORD gave Lachish into Israel’s hands, and Joshua took it on the second day. The city and everyone in it he put to the sword, just as he had done to Libnah.
33 Meanwhile, Horam king of Gezer had come up to help Lachish, but Joshua defeated him and his army—until no survivors were left.
34 Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Lachish to Eglon; they took up positions against it and attacked it.
35 They captured it that same day and put it to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it, just as they had done to Lachish.
36 Then Joshua and all Israel with him went up from Eglon to Hebron and attacked it.
37 They took the city and put it to the sword, together with its king, its villages and everyone in it. They left no survivors. Just as at Eglon, they totally destroyed it and everyone in it.
38 Then Joshua and all Israel with him turned around and attacked Debir.
39 They took the city, its king and its villages, and put them to the sword. Everyone in it they totally destroyed. They left no survivors.

They did to Debir and its king as they had done to Libnah and its king and to Hebron.

Next chapter Joshua 11
11 Everyone in it they put to the sword. They totally destroyed them, not sparing anyone that breathed, and he burned Hazor itself.
14 The Israelites carried off for themselves all the plunder and livestock of these cities, but all the people they put to the sword until they completely destroyed them, not sparing anyone that breathed.

These kinds of killings and acts of genocide are condemned by all religions and secular groups and by the international community. And I believe firmly that All-Mighty God does not like brutality, so I don't think all what these Rabbi wrote in Torah has really happened. Some battles probably took place, but all the brutality and genocide and killing of little children and animals was written just to give courage and self assurance to demoralized Jews after their cities were destroyed and books were burned. Plus they figured how would anybody know what happened many centuries ago, so they wrote whatever they wished and dreamed.
Regarding this Allah says in Quran (Chapter 2 verse 79) "Woe, then, to those who write the book with their own hands and then say: This is from God, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn."

B]In Deuteronomy 14 You will find that the Lord is giving some pretty good moral advise[/B]
21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 34:5, It says Moses died and was buried in a valley. How Can One Write A Book Even After His Death?

I could go on and on...... Enough of Old Testament. Now we come to New Testament

As I mentioned it to you, the main books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John were written by anonymous writers more than 80 years after Jesus. The Christian scholar (who is PhD and M.Div. from Princeton Theological Seminary) Professor Bart Ehrman's book "Misquoting Jesus" claims they do not even have a "copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy" of anything from the original writings of any of the writers of the Old or the New Testament. According to him only 8 of the 27 books of the New Testament were actually written by the authors to whom they're attributed, others are likely forgeries.

You wanted me to read book of John. The beginning phrase in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Who wrote this? Jesus never said this... so who else can have this authority to say all this about Jesus when he himself didn't tell us. And I have heard that this phrase has been derived from a Greek writings of Heraclitus about a Logos which mean "word".

Anyways this is not as important as inconsistencies and some outright forgeries in the bible. Let me give you a few Examples:

The only verses in the whole Bible that explicitly ties God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in a union or "Trinity" is the verse of 1 John 5:7
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

This verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteenth century. It is not cited by any of the ecclesiastical writers; not by any of early Latin fathers even when the subjects upon which they treated would naturally have lead them to appeal to it's authority. It is therefore evidently spurious. And this is the verse Trinity was based upon.

The same issue is about Mark 16: 9–20. The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have these verses. And this is mentioned in New International Version, ©2011 bible. Please read Mark 16: 9–20, and you will find these inserted verses were key verses used in the construction of Christian theology.

And my dear Dave, by the Grace of Almighty God... I have not found in these books any saying of Jesus (PBUH) explicitly claiming that he is God, or where he himself orders people to worship him. Even though many times Jesus got the opportunity to tell the people that he is God and they should worship him, but he didn't tell them, he blew away those perfect opportunities. See below:

Mark 12
28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Matthew 19
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 19
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.
35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Luke 102
5 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

You will notice that all the answers Jesus gave about salvation matches what was in Torah also:

Deuteronomy 6
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

And if God had a son, then He surely would have mentioned it in the The Ten Commandments in which God commands:
1) You shall have no other gods before Me.
2) You shall not make yourself an idol.
3) You shall not take God's name in vain.
4) Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy.
5) Honor your father and mother.
6) You shall not murder.
7) You shall not commit adultery.
8) You shall not steal.
9) You shall not lie.
10) You shall not covet.

This is why I equate those blasphemic words against God in Old Testament, with whay is written in the below mentioned pharases in New Testaments.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

And God forbid ... If Jesus was God then isn't this a very odd behavior of an Almighty God who don't want to help a woman because she was not a Jew?

Matthew 15 Jesus not interested in helping a woman.
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Wow... The Almighty God Jesus "through whom all things were made", was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel ?
Isn't this mind bogling?

So my dear Dave I would recommend that you (and I pray for everyone else too) to stay away from Trinity because:
1. Trinity is no where to be found in Bible.
2. Trinity was first dreamed up and coined by Tertullian who was a lawyer in around 220 CE.
3. It is an evolved doctrine which evolved during a period of over 400 years.
4. Trinity does not reflect in the demeanor and behavior of the people in the time of Jesus. Tell me how would you act if you meet the God Almighty... the creator of the heavens and the earth is in front of you. I bet you won't act like you are meeting another human being, as we see in the behavior of the people in the time of Jesus.

Regarding your prayer (in your email which you made) to cut the spiritual darkness and blindness that is surrounding my soul. I appeciate it but I believe that every prophet who came to this earth is surrounded by this same "spiritual darkness and blindness", because if you get a chance to meet any prophet and ask this question:
"Do you know if God has a son?" He would reply "If I had known then don't you think I would have communicated this to my people?"
And Moses would say "No. He doesn't... I have talked to God Almighty so many times but he never mentioned this. Go away and don't say what you don't know about God".

One last Point:
As you youself said that the general belief of Jesus putting on the cross on Friday and then resurrection on Sunday is not correct because it is not three days, but this is considered by Christians as the foundation of Christianity, I repeat the foundation of Christianity. My question is how can you depend on this foundation when it is so flaky. A foundation should be solid, your whole eternal life depends on it. It should be crystal clear and straight forward and unambiguous, just as Jesus and all other prophets have said:
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

There is no confusion here, no Friday or Thursday or Wednesday here. And this is the same consistent message of all the prophets, including the last Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

In one of the Hadith our beloved Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said ”None of you will truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself”. He didn't say wish or want but he used the word love, which is more intense, and by brother it doesn't mean real brother, but brother in humanity. And since nothing is more important than guidance and salvation. So I must love for you to have guidance and salvation as I want it for myself.

That is the reason I have been working on this email for so many days and nights. I wanted to give you as much information as I can. Because when meeting in-person I cannot quote all these verses from bible as I did here because I cannot memorize all this. This website www.biblegateway.com has been very helpful for me to go there read the bible and cut and paste the verses here.

Look I have read bible so I know both Christian scripture and Muslim scripture, but you have not read Quran, so we are on an uneven plain... This is the reason we gave you the copy of Quran. When you will read Quran you will notice that these are the true words of God Almighty Himself. How beautifully they define the majesty and might of God Almighty you won't find in Torah or Injeel (Gospels).
Let me quote some of them here:

Quran - Chapter 2
255. Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Ever-living, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme.
256. There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in falsehood and believes in Allah he indeed has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Quran - Chapter 57
High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of every thing.
4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then “Istawa” (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you (by His Knowledge) wheresoever you may be. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.
5. His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. And to Allah return all the matters (for decision).
6. He merges night into day, and merges day into night, and He has full knowledge of whatsoever is (i.e. even the most hidden secrets) in the breasts.

Quran - Chapter 59
21 Had We sent down this Quran on a mountain, you would certainly have seen it falling down, splitting asunder because of the fear of Allah, and We set forth these parables to men that they may reflect.
22 He is Allah besides Whom there is no god; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful.
23 He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him).
24 He is Allah the Creator, the Evolver / Inventor, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

And there is this interesting verse in Quran about Jesus (do you know where this is in the bible?)

Quran - Chapter 61
6 And remember what Jesus, son of Mary, had said: "O children of Israel, I am indeed a Messenger sent to you by Allah, confirming the Torah which has come before me and giving the good news of a Messenger who shall come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.

In the end I would like you to compare the following few things:
  • Imagine the picture of Jesus which you probably have seen many times. Now compare that image with any Christian religious leader, it probably won't match, because Jesus had beard and hardly any Christian religious leader wear a beard. But Jesus's image will match with nearly all Muslim religious leaders.
  • Now bring the image of Jesus's mother Mary. Does her image matches with any Christian ladies except nuns? No. But every practicing Muslim lady dresses up nearly the same way as Mary used to dress.
  • Now compare how Jesus and other prophets used to worship with how Christians worship today. They just sing and dance, but Muslims worship in the same manner as all the prophets worshiped. We prostrate and put our forehead on the ground which is the true way of worshiping God Almighty.

So you can see how much closer we are with Jesus and other prophets of God. We are the meeks who shall inherit the earth.

Dave, I thank you very much for reading this long email, but I also think this is well worth the efforts, because in person I could not qoute things as I was able to do it here. And because of all this material I think I would like to also including all our friends in this email too, so that all of us could get the benefit from our efforts.

If you feel that anything I wrote here is rude or impolite then I apologies in advance, because it is not my intention to be rude or impolite. And I love these kinds of discussions we had with you earlier, and I look forward to have more in the future.

Talk to you later.
:wasalam: