pls advice...

aaminah

Assalaamualaykum!
A sister, who stays with me, wants to help and adopt a 15 yr old christian
girl who is now 2months pregnant. The girl has no place to stay. She is not
married, the guy left her. This sister and I are both revert to Islam and we
both have daughters, a 10yr old and a 13 yr old. I also have a 5 month old
baby boy. My only concern is what effect will it have for our muslim children
if this girl stays with us? Our sister has good intention, she just want to guide
the girl to Islam. Pls advice...

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaamualaykum!
A sister, who stays with me, wants to help and adopt a 15 yr old christian
girl who is now 2months pregnant. The girl has no place to stay. She is not
married, the guy left her. This sister and I are both revert to Islam and we
both have daughters, a 10yr old and a 13 yr old. I also have a 5 month old
baby boy. My only concern is what effect will it have for our muslim children
if this girl stays with us? Our sister has good intention, she just want to guide
the girl to Islam. Pls advice...

dear sister...i think its a kind courageous thing she wants to d.o
of ourse itsa risk bringing someone into your house...but maybe this girl met the sister for a reason...and you can both help her inshallah

i dont think she will affet you r children,,,but im sure you can do good for her inshallah

thats my personal opinion im sure others will think differently

aaminah

May Allah reward you sis Aapa, Ameeeeen.
I posted this because I am so confuse if under Islam is it ok to adopt the pregnant girl. Our sister took care of this girl when she was still a baby.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Adoption is not the same in Islam as it is in the West. We are not permitted to state a child is "as born unto." They must be aware of their biological parents and if possible, maintain some relationship with them.

As far as the legalities of this, it is complicated. In America if a girl becomes pregnant and gives birth she automatically is "emancipated." This means she can make adult decisions and contracts. But you should be able to set up a foster care system where you are legally put in care over her. I suggest you call the social care system in place. You will need to pass a home study and demonstrate that you can care for a child that may come with many challenges. There is nothing forbidden in Islam about helping a young girl in need, regardless of their social standing. Also, speak to the imam at your mosque and get advice.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Shyjihabi as usual has provided sound practical advise. It makes sense.

In my humble opinion, I detect another question. You ask how will these circumstances benefit our family. The blessings are too numerous to count.
The mere fact that you have opened your hearts with intention and are now asking for how to best do. And you ask your Muslim family.

It is important that you read Quran and hadith. You must seek knowledge of your obligations and responsibilities upon this young girl. This includes the role of your husband in the family.

You must and this is the important one, your home must reflect the love for Allah at all times.

I pray that Allah eases your path,