PLZ.....help me

b4blue

:salam2:
brothers and sisters.........plz give me answer of this question.........my non muslim friend ask me..........Question....if Muslims allowed merry 4 womens in islam....why Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) got merried 11 womens..........ireally want to answer my non muslim friend .........plz give me answer with solid reasons and refrences........:wasalam:

amjaddamen

brother
dear brother :
i do not have references ready ( language wise ) although i read some threads in this great TTI.
but i want to say one thing ,which is better , marry only 11 and no more , or have the choice to marry as many as you can ?
the prophet (pbuh ) is not privileged by this , most sahabah (companion ) married as many as 8 or 9 , and some marry as many as one hundred !!!!
for a society preventing zena (adultery) , sahabah used to propose for their daughters especially the ones who been married and became widowed or divorced .
read this hadeeth please :

`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: My father `Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said: When (his daughter) Hafsah (May Allah be pleased with her) became a widow, I met `Uthman bin `Affan (May Allah be pleased with him) and offered Hafsah for marriage to him. `Uthman said: "I shall think over the matter.'' I waited for a few days and then `Uthman met me and said: "It occurred to me that I should not marry at present.'' Then I met Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) and said to him: "If you are willing, I shall marry my daughter Hafsah to you.'' Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) remained silent and did not utter any word to me in reply. I grew more angry with him than with `Uthman. I had waited for only a few days when Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked for her hand in marriage and I married her to him. Thereafter, I met Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) who said, "Perhaps you were angry with me when you offered Hafsah to me and I said nothing in reply.'' I said, "Yes, that is so.'' He said, "Nothing stopped me to respond to your offer except that I knew that Messenger of Allah (PBUH) had mentioned her and I could not disclose the secret of Messenger of Allah (PBUH). Had Messenger of Allah (PBUH) left her, I would have accepted her.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

samiha

---------
Staff member

I just wanted to clarify something from the above post which was that no the Sahabah after the coming of Islaam did not have more than four wives, any such thing was from before:

islam-QA said:
...you should note that the scholars are agreed that it is not permissible for a free man to have more than four wives at one time, because of the hadeeth narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1128) from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that Ghaylaan ibn Salamah al-Thaqafi became Muslim and he had ten wives during the Jaahiliyyah; they became Muslim along with him, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded him to choose four of them. This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, as stated in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 1/329.

The Prophet :saw: was an exception

wasalam

hayat_yahya

brothers and sisters.........plz give me answer of this question.........my non muslim friend ask me..........Question....if Muslims allowed merry 4 womens in islam....why Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) got merried 11 womens..........ireally want to answer my non muslim friend .........plz give me answer with solid reasons and refrences........:wasalam:
as i know this was before Allah swt sent the ruling which set the number of wives at maximum 4,,,so Allah swt reduced the number of wives n men could not get more than 4 even if they wished hundred wives,,,n i believe tht the prophet n also sahabas married just 4 serious reasons n their marriage brought smth good to those women, to islam n community,,,also we might think tht during the prophet's time there were lot of battles cuse of islamic purpose n not only so there were a lot of widows n they needed a husband to protect n feed them,,,

amjaddamen

brother

I just wanted to clarify something from the above post which was that no the Sahabah after the coming of Islaam did not have more than four wives, any such thing was from before:

The Prophet :saw: was an exception

wasalam

yes you are right they did not marry more than four at one time. i been missunderstood, but as atotal i was right
jazzak allah khirn

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

:hijabi: salam alikum

Ask Your friend plz this Question

Why not christian Marry 700 wives and 300 concubines as Solomon got?

King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh's daughter-Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites.
2 They were from nations about which the LORD had told the Israelites, "You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts after their gods." Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to them in love.
3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.
4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.

As we clearly see in 1 Kings 11:2, the marriage of multiple wives by itself is not sinful and was never condemned. It was Solomon's marriage from the pagan women that was prohibited by GOD Almighty, because they were idol worshipers, and it resulted for him to be led astray and follow their pagan gods. I don't see any specific condemnation of polygamy in general in this verse what so ever! I mean the Bible's Old Testament (since 1 Kings 11:1-4 exist in the Old Testament) is crystal clear about allowing polygamy: "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons....(From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 21:15)" How much more clearer can it get?

let your friend visit this links

Polygamy in the Bible
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37461

&

POLYGAMY In Islam
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37464

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

:wasalam:

The number of women with whom the Prophet (peace be upon him) had actually consummated his marriage was eleven, and when he died he had only nine wives, whom we call the Mothers of Believers. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was never married to more than nine women at one time.

As for why it was permissible for the Prophet (peace be upon him) to have nine wives at one time, we must mention that this is one of many rulings that applied to him alone. Among these rulings were the following:

· A woman could offer herself to him in marriage without dowry.
· He could marry a woman without the presence of her guardian.
· He was not allowed to receive charity.
· He was not allowed to leave an inheritance to anyone.
· He was obligated to pray the night prayer.
· He could fast consecutive days without breaking his fasts at night.

Likewise, his marriage with this number of women is something specially granted to him.

The wisdom behind his having these special rulings is consideration for his status as a prophet. Prophets have unique responsibilities not shared by anyone else, so they consequently have legal rulings that are specific to them.

Being distinguished in such a way is a mark of nobility and honor. In fact, our Prophet (peace be upon him) had many distinctions not shared by other prophets.

Allah, in this way, blessed the Islamic nation with the Mothers of the Believers. They were a great source of knowledge to the Muslims and taught the Muslims a number of aspects of their faith that no one outside the household would ever have been able to know. In this way, they preserved an important part of our religion. That is why the Companions used to come to the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) wives to ask them on matters about which they differed regarding his private life.

moon14

I want to add that it should be noted that Allaah gave each Messenger his own laws and path. Allaah enjoined Tawheed (belief in the Oneness of Allaah) upon every single Prophet whom He sent, but the laws varied and some of them abrogated others. Some things that were permissible at the time of Adam (peace be upon him) were abrogated at the time of Nooh (peace be upon him).

The laws that existed at the time of Moosa (Moses – peace be upon him) were partially abrogated at the time of ‘Eesa (Jesus – peace be upon him), as Allaah tells us (interpretation of the meaning):

“To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way”

[al-Maa’idah 5:48]

So once this is understood, we will realize that plural marriage did not exist only in the law of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather it existed in the laws of all the previous Prophets. For example, Ya’qoob (Jabob – peace be upon him) had two wives and was married to two sisters at the same time, according to the Old Testament, as it says in the Book of Genesis 29:15-35.

The father of the Prophets, Ibraaheem (Abraham – peace be upon him) was also married to two women, Haajar (Hagar) and Saara (Sarah). The Old Testament mentions that the Prophet of Allaah Dawood (David) had seventy or ninety-nine wives, and Sulaymaan (Solomon) had one hundred wives. These and other examples demonstrate that each of the Prophets implemented the laws that Allaah had prescribed. Plural marriage is not only for this ummah (nation – i.e., the Muslims). The fact that the Christians do not allow it may be for two reasons:

1 – This is one of the laws of Allaah which was binding before the time of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

2 – They introduced their own innovation and went to extremes in this matter, as in the case of monasticism which they invented and which was not prescribed for them, but they sought to earn the pleasure of Allaah thereby.

Abu.Amirah

Wive's of the Prophet (S.a.w)

W/salam,

Please check this beautiful presentation I received from a friend hope will help you in your Questions.

Jazakallahu kheir

Attachments

• THE PHROPHET'S WIFES .zip
    158 KB · Views: 12

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!

You asked for references regarding the limits of wives for the Prophet (alaihissalam) and for the reference regarding the number of wives for the rest of the muslims:

Quran: 33:51-52
"You may put off whom you please of them, and you may take to you whom you please, and whom you desire of those whom you had separated provisionally; no blame attaches to you; this is most proper, so that their eyes may be cool and they may not grieve, and that they should be pleased, all of them with what you give them, and Allah knows what is in your hearts; and Allah is Knowing, Forbearing.

It is not allowed to you to take women afterwards, nor that you should change them for other wives, though their beauty be pleasing to you, except what your right hand possesses and Allah is Watchful over all things."

For the rest of the muslims:
Quran: 4:3
"And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course."

I hope it helped.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Yes as brother hayat_yahya as said to my lil knowledge also all the marriages of prophet (pbuh) were before the rulling came that man can have only 4 women at once as wife's. After this rulling all the sahabas who has more then 4 wife they divorce them and other sahabas who didnt married or has less number then 4 married them.

Now y it is permissable for prophet (pbuh) to keep his wifes while others (Sahabas) have divorce their wife by keeping only 4 ?

AS THE WIFES OF PROPHET (PBUH) ARE UMMA MUMMIN (MOTHER OF BELIVERS). So if prophet (pbuh) give divorce to them, then who will marry them as they are mother of all muslims. So thats the reason prophet (pbuh) allowed to keep all the wifes he had, at the same time he was stoped to marry further more.

This is to my lil knowledge, rest Allah knows the best pls correct me brothers/sisters if I m wrong for the sake of Allah.

Jazak Allah.

as i know this was before Allah swt sent the ruling which set the number of wives at maximum 4,,,so Allah swt reduced the number of wives n men could not get more than 4 even if they wished hundred wives,,,n i believe tht the prophet n also sahabas married just 4 serious reasons n their marriage brought smth good to those women, to islam n community,,,also we might think tht during the prophet's time there were lot of battles cuse of islamic purpose n not only so there were a lot of widows n they needed a husband to protect n feed them,,,