Popcorn Cake

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I just found that recipe and I haven´t never try kind of cake. Maybe at the some day... o_O

Popcorn cake

It is amazing how homesickness manifests itself by reaching out for certain foods; both my daughter and I have our popcorn cravings and she also managed to single out the best Lebanese brand for peanut butter. She was doubtful first when I told her of my idea; after all, popcorn is supposed to be a salty snack. I pointed out that the French eat it sweetened. In any case, this experiment was easy and the taste was approved. It is a handy snack to take to college or work (just make it when it is not too hot or humid outside!) There are 2 ways to make this: One is like rice crispies bars, by melting marshmallows and some butter; the super-easy way is to use jarred butterscotch topping, briefly heated, to glue all these popcorns together and shape into a cake. The more elaborate way is to make a caramel with melted powdered sugar and cream. Leave me a message is you’d like a recipe.

INGREDIENTS: 8 servings

• 1 bag of microwave popcorn (lightly salted), about 6 cups of popcorn
  • 1 bag of marshmallows (40 large)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup toasted nuts, optional (or other dried fruits, like cranberries or pistachios)
1. Spray the cake pan with oil. Set aside. Cook the popcorn and transfer to a large bowl. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, place the butter and melt; add the marshmallows and stir briefly from time to time until they melt, combining them with the melted butter. Immediately pour onto the popcorn and fold quickly with a spoon to coat as many popcorns as possible with the sauce. Transfer to the cake pan and using a piece of plastic (otherwise the texture is too sticky), press on the popcorn cake to make it adhere to the pan and to give it shape.

2. Place in the fridge for about one hour (or longer); to unmold onto a platter, dislodge using a spatula and flip it over and tap on it. It should come out easily.

NOTE: I have made this cake with melted butterscotch topping; melt in the microwave about 1 cup of topping for about 20 seconds.

NOTE: The image on top is for the cake made with butterscotch topping; the one below is made with marshmallow cream.

Source: http://www.tasteofbeirut.com/

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

O_O

I love popcorn and I love cake. Who knew they could be combined. But I'm not a fan of sweet popcorn!