Power of Dua?

ILoveAllaah

Please read my story and help me if you can. All help and advice is appreciated.

Asalam, Brothers and Sisters,

For my whole life I have been an off and on muslim. I am 21 years old and as of something that happened about 3 months ago. I have seriously began to practice my faith. I have experienced the power of dua when I made dua after salat and it made me feel better inside because I believed that what I asked for Allah was going to grant me it. However, even though I am waiting for it this problem to end, am I only believing that my dua will be granted or is nothing going to change? Can Allah grant a dua even if the chance of it happening is far greater than the chance of it not happening? I hear dua is the weapon of the believer. Time is going by and things are getting worse, will Allah ever grant my dua, I know people say that sometimes you are asking for something that will hurt you but its not the case because there is no good coming from the problem I am having. Please answer my questions and add your input. Thank you

Precious Star

I am sorry to hear of your distress. I have asked myself the same questions (do a search of my posts). This is my conclusion.

Dua brings us closer to Allah, and helps us understand and accept that whatever happens is outside of our control and is completely in His hands. That is why Dua is the weapon of the believer - it enhances our capacity to believe.

Unfortunately, just because yo umake dua for something, does not mean it will happen. Dua is not magic, it is not like if you make dua for something over and over, abracadabra God delivers.

Have you heard of the book of decrees? Everything that will happen to you is already set out in the Book of Decree. God has planned your life for you, and if soemthing is in your destiny, it will happen. If it is not in your destiny, then it won't happen - regardless of the amount of dua you do.

However, your dua will still count for something. You may get what you wish in Paradise. God might give you something better in this life. Only God knows the effects of what it is you are asking for, so you can't just say that there is no question that what you are asking for is good for you. I've been asking for children my whole life, but who knows maybe God has saved me from raising damaged, ungrateful, or non-muslim children. Who knows.

I know it hurts to hear this, but it should make you stronger. God never promised us happiness or heaven on earth. He promised to give us what we need on earth, and Paradise comes after. Paradise is where we get everything that we want.

Sometimes it is true, that despite Dua things get WORSE before they get better. Sometimes we make dua over and over, and get the exact thing that we did not want. Sometimes, things never get better. That is life - it is a test.

But sometimes you make dua for things, and they do happen. Destiny.

I am sure that whatever it is you are asking for you will receive in the Hereafter, or, if God wills it, in this life. But regardless, your job as a servant of Allah is to just accept what is.

Idris16

:salam2:

We must first learn what the conditions of Du`â are:-

Conditions of du’aa’ being accepted by Allaah

3 – You should avoid seeking a quick response, for this is one of the problems that may prevent the du’aa’ from being accepted. In the hadeeth it says: “One of you may be answered so long as he is not hasty and says, ‘I said du’aa’ but I got no response.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6340; Muslim, 2735.

Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors” [al-A’raaf 7:55]

Do not panic if du’aa’s are not answered

Perseveranze

Whatever happens, even if it may seem bad to you, happens for a reason, it could even be a good reason which you may only see later in life.

Either way, like the person above has mentioned, do not fall into the danger of trying to negotiate with God. Your going "on and off" being a Muslim as you said, do you really think it is fair to be a "better Muslim only if God answers my prayer"? Please think about this very carefully.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Please read my story and help me if you can. All help and advice is appreciated.

For my whole life I have been an off and on muslim. I am 21 years old and as of something that happened about 3 months ago. I have seriously began to practice my faith. I have experienced the power of dua when I made dua after salat and it made me feel better inside because I believed that what I asked for Allah was going to grant me it. However, even though I am waiting for it this problem to end, am I only believing that my dua will be granted or is nothing going to change? Can Allah grant a dua even if the chance of it happening is far greater than the chance of it not happening? I hear dua is the weapon of the believer. Time is going by and things are getting worse, will Allah ever grant my dua, I know people say that sometimes you are asking for something that will hurt you but its not the case because there is no good coming from the problem I am having. Please answer my questions and add your input. Thank you

:
Yes, Allah SWT will grant your dua.
Keep on asking till you get it.
It is my experience[/B]

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Dear brother,keep asking,if it does not benifit you in this world,it will help you in the hereafter.Allah loves it when we ask Him.Do not worry about what is going to happen or not.Whatever happens is Allah's will and as muslims we have to be pleased with Allah's will.There might be a thing which we think may be bad for us but it might be good,Allah knows and we know not.No matter what,our prayers never go waste,if not in this world ,they will help us in hereafter.Just keep asking Allah,never stop asking.The problesm are a test for believers,they purify him of his sins.We will be chastised for our mistakes in this world or in our graves or in fields of hasr or in jahannam.So it's better to be chastised in this world than to expreince affliction.In fact problems are a blessing when one is patient.It not only help a person grow in faith but also wash his/her sin away and make it easy for him/her in the hereafter.There is a hadith whose mahfoom is Strange is a matter of a believer,whateve happens to him is good,because when he experience some blessing,he thanks Allah for it and when he experience problem he is patient,both benefit him.So my dear brother,I would like to advice you never stop asking and be patient,inshaALLAH there is good in everything that happpens to a believer.

[yt]4JQfqaUhy-g[/yt]
May Allah bless you and relieve you of your problems.Ameen.

:wasalam:

ILoveAllaah

Thank you all for your replies and advice,

Has anyone witness a miracle due to their dua to Allah (SWT)? I would like to hear them

True_Sultan

A logical believer

We must first learn what the conditions of Du`â are:-

Conditions of du’aa’ being accepted by Allaah

3 – You should avoid seeking a quick response, for this is one of the problems that may prevent the du’aa’ from being accepted. In the hadeeth it says: “One of you may be answered so long as he is not hasty and says, ‘I said du’aa’ but I got no response.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6340; Muslim, 2735.

Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors” [al-A’raaf 7:55]

Do not panic if du’aa’s are not answered

I am wondering myself, after reading both links. If i keep my imam, and follow the lords ways and not be impatient and keep asking, will my dua's be granted, because after every prayer, i always state "Allah, all mighty, you know all and you know what my heart desires, so please what ever dua's I have please grant them" Is that the proper way of doing it? I am wondering because do I need to restate word for word what I want? If I need to, then I am more gladly like to, as a longer prostration is better for me :SMILY259:

rightpath_357

I am sorry to hear of your distress. I have asked myself the same questions (do a search of my posts). This is my conclusion.

Dua brings us closer to Allah, and helps us understand and accept that whatever happens is outside of our control and is completely in His hands. That is why Dua is the weapon of the believer - it enhances our capacity to believe.

Unfortunately, just because yo umake dua for something, does not mean it will happen. Dua is not magic, it is not like if you make dua for something over and over, abracadabra God delivers.

Have you heard of the book of decrees? Everything that will happen to you is already set out in the Book of Decree. God has planned your life for you, and if soemthing is in your destiny, it will happen. If it is not in your destiny, then it won't happen - regardless of the amount of dua you do.

However, your dua will still count for something. You may get what you wish in Paradise. God might give you something better in this life. Only God knows the effects of what it is you are asking for, so you can't just say that there is no question that what you are asking for is good for you. I've been asking for children my whole life, but who knows maybe God has saved me from raising damaged, ungrateful, or non-muslim children. Who knows.

I know it hurts to hear this, but it should make you stronger. God never promised us happiness or heaven on earth. He promised to give us what we need on earth, and Paradise comes after. Paradise is where we get everything that we want.

Sometimes it is true, that despite Dua things get WORSE before they get better. Sometimes we make dua over and over, and get the exact thing that we did not want. Sometimes, things never get better. That is life - it is a test.

But sometimes you make dua for things, and they do happen. Destiny.

I am sure that whatever it is you are asking for you will receive in the Hereafter, or, if God wills it, in this life. But regardless, your job as a servant of Allah is to just accept what is.

May Allah Bless you sis- that's a beautiful reply :hearts:

Precious Star

Thank you all for your replies and advice,

Has anyone witness a miracle due to their dua to Allah (SWT)? I would like to hear them

Miracles came with the Holy Prophets. There were no miracles after the death of the Prophet Muhammad, PBUH. This is because Islam survived and has survived to this day.

Sometimes, wonderful things happen in life and we call them miracles, but really they are things that were already written for us, and if they appear as miracles its because God made the unlikely likely. Remember that dua does not change the rules of nature. If you want to be 5 inches taller God isn't going to magically make you grow. If you want to be an A+ student, well a lot depends on the intelligence that God has given you -- not all of us are "rocket science" material. Also, remember that dua does not change free will -- our dua cannot force the agency of others. if someone is mad at you, for example, dua cannot force God to change that person's feelings. Allah has created us with free will, so to force the agency of others goes against that concept.

I have not experienced miracles and I have prayed like my life has depended on it. This Ramadan, I am going to be more realistic. Sometimes that's what dua is all about - it allows us to "accept".

Precious Star

I am wondering myself, after reading both links. If i keep my imam, and follow the lords ways and not be impatient and keep asking, will my dua's be granted, because after every prayer, i always state "Allah, all mighty, you know all and you know what my heart desires, so please what ever dua's I have please grant them" Is that the proper way of doing it? I am wondering because do I need to restate word for word what I want? If I need to, then I am more gladly like to, as a longer prostration is better for me :SMILY259:

Can I ask you something?

Do you know if your mother loves you?

Do you just know, or, is it beccause she tells you 50 times a day, every day?

Also, does your mother know that you love her? How does she know that? Do you feel like you have to tell her "mom I l ove you mom I love you mom I love you" 50 times a day, every day, in order for her to "get it"???

Probably not.

God is like your mother. He just knows. You've told him. Now leave it in His hands. If you want, you can keep asking over and over and over. But don't think of it as a reminder to God, because he doesn't need reminders. Look, what's meant to happen will happen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lets talk about dua.

Lets talk about sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.

You guys missed the boat on this one.

Sometimes, I know no-one reads a word I write.

In a similar thread we had discussion about non-Muslim friends. And people are raising your eyebrows at what I am saying. I kept repeating the same thing. We need to be near Muslims. We have no intimacy outside Believers.

The most intimate time in a persons life is when he is making dua. Think it through folks. The Creator of the Universe, you know all that stuff up there and all that stuff we don't want to think about down below...you know how perfectly it works...and He listens to the desire of my soul..one-on-one. He does not charge does He. He is Thankful that I am supplicating Him.

He is Thankful that I am supplicating Him.

Dua is alive. Dua is present tense. More sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.