Prayer to thank Allah

Boomerang

Salam,

I have only been a Muslim for a little while, and I have noticed a real change in who I am. I am really grateful. I do my 5 prayers a day, connected with my heart, but I am really wondering if there are prayers to specifically thank God, in addition to what we already do. I have noticed to ask for stuff, that we only need make a dua, but is there something extra, when we really want to thank Him, for something in particular?

Assalamu Alaikom

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam. to thank allah simply say "Alhamdulillah"= all praise is due to Allah. say it with a sincere heart and that is enough. if you want to show how grateful you are other than saying alhamdulillah study the deen , devote your time to the worship Allah and help others in seeing the truth in islam. stand up for prayer during the night. and pray to Allah whom you Love. that is a good way of being a grateful servant. it really depends on what you do in your daily life to show allah how grateful you are to him. like remembering him at all times. preventing yourself from doing bad things because of your love for allah. and knowing that he got you out of the dark into the light and always just saying alhamdulillahi rabil 'alamin. all praise is due to Allah the lord of the universe.

Yousuf.

:salam2:

Maybe just thank Allah over and over again. Put in your own words on how you want to express your gratitude to Him. It can be in a form of doa, in can be in your obligatory and non-obligatory prayers in your prostration, it can be in a form of speech, it can be said secretly in the heart. Allah is the All-Listener.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
besides to what has been said,
do charity (smile, or pay zakat) which pleases Allah and the people!

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
Salam,

I have only been a Muslim for a little while, and I have noticed a real change in who I am. I am really grateful. I do my 5 prayers a day, connected with my heart, but I am really wondering if there are prayers to specifically thank God, in addition to what we already do. I have noticed to ask for stuff, that we only need make a dua, but is there something extra, when we really want to thank Him, for something in particular?

Assalamu Alaikom

Quran 14:7
YUSUFALI: And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed."
PICKTHAL: And when your Lord proclaimed: If ye give thanks, I will give you more; but if ye are thankless, lo! My punishment is dire.
SHAKIR: And when your Lord made it known: If you are grateful, I would certainly give to you more, and if you are ungrateful, My chastisement is truly severe.

Dear Sister what you intended to do is very honorable, may Allah SWT gives you reward in this world and in the next world.

Wassalam

abu'muhammad

:bismillah1:

you can thank Allah in many ways.

1) by zikrullah - saying alhamdulillah, jazakallah , etc tasbeehs.

2) You can perform namaaz -e- shukrana ( salat of thanking allah ). you have to do niyyat that the salaat that I am performing is solely to thank allah.

as do i know, more you can ask to mufti or imam and or any other pious person.

lillahil hamd