praying with/out socks????

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
Omg, I never thought about whether it is obligatory to pray with/ without socks.....until I was asked, I have always prayed with because of my Awrah as a women, but my ibn asked is it obligatory for him as well???? hmm, so ofcourse we looked it up, but I have only com up with suppoting hadiths that its permissable to wipe over them if your still in wudo, but no deff answer.. plz give me answer with proof, I can come up with my own opinion(sarcasim) meaning no I think, etc... lol shurkran in advance to all my brothers and sis:shymuslima1:

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
I do not know myself any prooves for this or the opposite. The only thing I've heard is that different scholars say different things. So for me, I tried to look it up but I left it after a while thinking that I rather have my socks on when praying than find out later that I've prayed everytime without socks and then it's actually obligatory. So I don't know, I take the most secure thing and then stick with it. Better to have too much clothes on than too less ;)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Shafi School - women cover their feet in Salah
Hanafi School - women can leave then uncovered.
and both are right!

Men:
its not necessary for men to cover their feet in Salah.
regarding wiping over socks...the socks should be such that water do not penetrate them.

leather socks - ok to wipe over them
modern day cotton socks - no, they do not fulfil this condition.