Quran Precious Advice for the People of Qur'an

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
An excerpt from the book Asbaab al-Mu’eena ‘ala hifdh al-Qur’an.

Imam al-Aajuri (rahimahullah) says in his book Akhlaq Ahl al-Qur’aan:
“The first thing that he (the student of Qur’an) must do is utilise the taqwa of Allah in secrecy and in openness by developing wara’ (piety) in his eating and drinking, in his sense of dress and in his home, with insight of his era and the fasaad (sins and evil) of his people so that he is cautious against them with regards to his Deen. He is highly devoted over his state of affairs and deeply concerned with correcting what has become corrupt in his matters. He guards his tongue and yet is distinguished by his speech.”

“If he studies the Qur’aan then he does so with complete understanding and intellect. What concerns him is fully comprehending that which Allah has made mandatory on him to follow and adhere to, and desisting from what He `azza wa jall has forbid him from. His concern is not ‘when will I finish the Qur’aan?’ But rather his deep concern is ‘when will I be fully content with Allah and independent of other than Him?’ ‘When will I be from the Muttaqeen? When will I be from the Muhsineen? When will I be from the Mutawakkileen (relying only on Allah)? When will I be from the Khashi’een (humbled to Allah)? When will I be from the Sabireen (patient)? When will I be from the Sadiqeen (truthful)? When will I be from the Kha’ifeen (fearful)? When will I be from the Raajeen (hopeful)? When will I become ascetic in this world? When will I yearn for the Hereafter? When will I repent from sins? When will I recognise the successive blessings of Allah? When will I thank Him for it? When will I deeply understand the public address from Allah (i.e. this Qur’aan)? When will I sincerely comprehend what I’m reciting? When will I overcome my soul’s desires? When will I strive for Allah with a true striving? When will I guard my tongue? When will I lower my gaze? When will I protect my chastity and when will I have hayaa’ (modesty/shyness) of Allah with a true and honest hayaa’? [1]

Fudhayl ibn ‘Iyaadh (rahimahullah) is also reported to say,
“It is not for the carrier of Qur’aan to have a need of anyone from the creation but it should be such that the creation has a need of him. The carrier of Qur’aan is the carrier of the Flag of Islam, it does not befit him that he should indulge in nonsense speech with those who do so, nor should he be so forgetful with those who forget nor should he waste time in play with those who waste time in play.” [2]

Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (radhiallahu `anhu) gathered all those who had recited (memorised) Qur’aan – and they numbered near to three hundred –he then began to exalt the Qur’aan, saying:
“Indeed this Qur’aan is enough of a store and reserve for you, and yet it is enough of a burden over you. So follow the Qur’aan and do not make the Qur’aan follow you. Surely whoever follows the Qur’aan, it leads him to the gardens of Paradise and whoever makes the Qur’aan follow him, it drives him by the neck and hurls him into the Fire.” [3]

[3] Reported by al-Darimi

Source

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam: my dear ukht,

I believe this is must read for every person that embarks on the journey to becoming Haamil-al-qur'aan.

Subhaanallaah! Just beautiful! Jazaakillaahu khayran khayral jazaa'!

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
... ‘when will I be fully content with Allah and independent of other than Him?’ ‘When will I be from the Muttaqeen? When will I be from the Muhsineen? When will I be from the Mutawakkileen (relying only on Allah)? When will I be from the Khashi’een (humbled to Allah)? When will I be from the Sabireen (patient)? When will I be from the Sadiqeen (truthful)? When will I be from the Kha’ifeen (fearful)? When will I be from the Raajeen (hopeful)? When will I become ascetic in this world? When will I yearn for the Hereafter? When will I repent from sins? When will I recognise the successive blessings of Allah? When will I thank Him for it? When will I deeply understand the public address from Allah (i.e. this Qur’aan)? When will I sincerely comprehend what I’m reciting? When will I overcome my soul’s desires? When will I strive for Allah with a true striving? When will I guard my tongue? When will I lower my gaze? When will I protect my chastity and when will I have hayaa’ (modesty/shyness) of Allah with a true and honest hayaa’? ...
:mashaallah:
I lost a breath reading this

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Jazakillahu khayran for sharing this article. Mashallah that sister writes beautifully!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

BarakaAllaahu feekum, everyone. Indeed, she is one extraordinary sister who has translated quite a few Arabic books into English. Not to mention, she is not an Arab or comes from any Arab/Morrocon heritage but her grasp in the classical Arabic is just so excellent and inspiring, Mashaa Allaah! Makes me more motivated to re-learn the language to understand the Qur`an better, inshaa Allaah.

With the upcoming Ramadhan very soon, the part about utilizing taqwa in secrecy and openness struck me real hard. We don't want to just read the Qur`an for the sake of Ramadhan or to just memorize it for the sake of the reward but to actually *live by it*. Just like our Prophet :saw: was a walking Qur`an as per in a saheeh hadeeth narrated by his wife, A`isha radiyaAllaahu anha, we want to at least held the Qur`an in our heart that it will actually mirrors how we lead our life.

May Allaah make us among the sincere people of the Qur`an. Ameen Ya Rabb al-alameen.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:salam:

Lovely one. I will just save it somewhere, whenever I feel the Shaitan haunting me, feel dunya is pulling me towards it. I will read it. InshaAllah.

JazakAllahu Khairan sister

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
An excerpt from the book Asbaab al-Mu’eena ‘ala hifdh al-Qur’an.

Imam al-Aajuri (rahimahullah) says in his book Akhlaq Ahl al-Qur’aan:
“The first thing that he (the student of Qur’an) must do is utilise the taqwa of Allah in secrecy and in openness by developing wara’ (piety) in his eating and drinking, in his sense of dress and in his home, with insight of his era and the fasaad (sins and evil) of his people so that he is cautious against them with regards to his Deen. He is highly devoted over his state of affairs and deeply concerned with correcting what has become corrupt in his matters. He guards his tongue and yet is distinguished by his speech.”

“If he studies the Qur’aan then he does so with complete understanding and intellect. What concerns him is fully comprehending that which Allah has made mandatory on him to follow and adhere to, and desisting from what He `azza wa jall has forbid him from. His concern is not ‘when will I finish the Qur’aan?’ But rather his deep concern is ‘when will I be fully content with Allah and independent of other than Him?’ ‘When will I be from the Muttaqeen? When will I be from the Muhsineen? When will I be from the Mutawakkileen (relying only on Allah)? When will I be from the Khashi’een (humbled to Allah)? When will I be from the Sabireen (patient)? When will I be from the Sadiqeen (truthful)? When will I be from the Kha’ifeen (fearful)? When will I be from the Raajeen (hopeful)? When will I become ascetic in this world? When will I yearn for the Hereafter? When will I repent from sins? When will I recognise the successive blessings of Allah? When will I thank Him for it? When will I deeply understand the public address from Allah (i.e. this Qur’aan)? When will I sincerely comprehend what I’m reciting? When will I overcome my soul’s desires? When will I strive for Allah with a true striving? When will I guard my tongue? When will I lower my gaze? When will I protect my chastity and when will I have hayaa’ (modesty/shyness) of Allah with a true and honest hayaa’? [1]

Fudhayl ibn ‘Iyaadh (rahimahullah) is also reported to say,
“It is not for the carrier of Qur’aan to have a need of anyone from the creation but it should be such that the creation has a need of him. The carrier of Qur’aan is the carrier of the Flag of Islam, it does not befit him that he should indulge in nonsense speech with those who do so, nor should he be so forgetful with those who forget nor should he waste time in play with those who waste time in play.” [2]

Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (radhiallahu `anhu) gathered all those who had recited (memorised) Qur’aan – and they numbered near to three hundred –he then began to exalt the Qur’aan, saying:
“Indeed this Qur’aan is enough of a store and reserve for you, and yet it is enough of a burden over you. So follow the Qur’aan and do not make the Qur’aan follow you. Surely whoever follows the Qur’aan, it leads him to the gardens of Paradise and whoever makes the Qur’aan follow him, it drives him by the neck and hurls him into the Fire.” [3]

[3] Reported by al-Darimi

Source
"follow the quran and dont make the quran follow you" just so beautifull.Mashaa allah.it inspired me soo much.thank you sister may Allahu SWT reward you for this wonderful advice... :dua:

lioness

Bismillah

Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh ukhty,

Jazak'Allahu khair, for just beautiful reminder.

ahmedfarhan

May Allah reward for sharing such kind of knowledge of Islam that is also enhancing knowledge of people and their practice for seeking right path of Islam.