Private Messaging are Semi Private!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Please keep to Islamic rules when talking between brothers and sisters on this website.

According to the best wishes of Sisters on this site, the following rules are in place

PMs are monitored on occassion, anyone breaking site rules will be banned.

To remain on safe side, Please Stick to speaking to people of the same gender!

Any help for brothers and sisters, keep on this forum. The Site admin are more than adequate to help with the requests of the members here.

Wasalam.

B.H.

Br. Mabsoot,

I am an American and many of the names on this board are linguistically very different from what I am familiar with.

How do I tell if a name is female or male?

muslimlady

valid question

I am an arab and a born muslim but because I was brought up in a secular society, I too sometimes cannot tell from the name if the person is male or female. Some members use "generic" names, like ferrari........
So perhaps moderator need to put if writer is male or female so that members can comply.

B.H. said:
Br. Mabsoot,

I am an American and many of the names on this board are linguistically very different from what I am familiar with.

How do I tell if a name is female or male?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, if you click their Username you can view their profile, it will state their gender.

I will try fix this issue. I hope that placing the gender for all to see doesnt increase the number of people who start using the site for reasons other than learning about Islam, if you catch my drift ;)

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Aye, I agree with Brother Mabsoot. Another important point for not displaying 'male' / 'female' clearly on our posts, visable within threads is that we should remember that the Prophet (peace be with him) was very clear about equality in Islam. Here at TTI, I hope we strive our best to maintain this. I believe gender should not come so obviously into play when we Muslims share and make posts here... To illustrate this further; Would you also rather we display family income? Current religious affiliation (eg: Jew, Christian, Lost Soul)? Previous religious convictions?

=)

These things only serve to divide us, when in truth we are all here to share and learn about the beautiful Oneness of Islam and our Lord.

If you are really interested in finding more details about a particular poster, our wonderful site admins/creators have fascilitated indepth public profiles for you to freely investigate.

Peace be with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.