Proof of Prophet Muhammad's salla-Allahu 'Alayhi wa-Sallam arrival from...

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Prophecies in the Gospel of Barnabas

This Gospel is filled with clear prophecies of the Chosen Messenger. For example, it says:

"God said, Be patient O' Muhammad... :saw:"

"His blessed name is Muhammad...:saw:"

"O' God, send us Your Messenger, O' Muhammad :saw:, come quickly to save the world."

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
A view of the Gospel of Barnabas

No doubt this Gospel is one of the Gospels which were known in ancient times. It is mentioned in books from the second and third centuries CE, but it is not mentioned thereafter, until a copy of it was discovered at the beginning of the eighteenth century. This copy is still in the "Palace Library" in Vienna.

When this book was published, it caused a great stir - at that time - in Europe, among the academic and religious societies. The Arabic translation of this book has been published twice, the second edition produced by Daar al-Qalam in Kuwait.

I have read this book and examined it carefully, and I noticed something to which I discovered no one else has drawn attention. Even though this book is authentic to some extent, it has undoubtedly been tampered with by Muslim hands, who have inserted in it things that do not belong to it. What made me reach this conclusion is not the comments in Arabic which are to be found in the margins of the original copy in Vienna, rather it is the exaggerated terms in which the Gospel describes the Messenger :saw:.

We believe that the Gospel foretells the coming of the Messenger :saw:, but we believe that it is extremely unlikely that there would be widespread among the People of the Book the myths which became widespread among the Muslims after the coming of the Messenger :saw: and which were attributed to him. In this Gospel we read that Allah gave His Messenger Muhammad :saw: all things, that He created all things for his sake, that He created him before all things. In one passage it narrates that the Messenger :saw: says,

"O' Lord, I remember that when You created me, You wanted to create the universe, Paradise, the angels and mankind out of love for me, so that they might glorify You through me. And I am Your slave."

Elsewhere it says,

"Be patient, O' Muhammad. For your sake I want to create Paradise and the universe, and a great number of people whom I will give to you..."

And:

"This is the one for whose sake Allah created all things."

And:

"Hence before all other things, Allah created His Messenger."

These words are undoubtedly incorrect, and they contradict the truth which we know. Allah created mankind, the angels and the jinn to worship Him:

And I [Allah] created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me [Alone].

(Qur'aan 51: 56)

The first thing to be created was the Pen, as it says in the hadith:

"The first thing that Allah created was the Pen."

These exaggerated opinions became widespread among the Muslims, who put them in the form of ahaadeeth which they attributed to the Messenger.

Among these da’eef (weak) and mawdoo (fabricated) ahaadeeth are the following:

"Were it not for you, I would not have created the stars."

(Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth ad-Da’eefah wal-Mawdoo`ah, hadith no. 282)

"I was a Prophet when Adam was still between the water and the clay."

(Hadith no. 302, 303)

"I was the first of the Prophets to be created and the last to be sent."

(Al-Fawaa'id al-Majmoo ah by Shawkaani, Pp. 326)

"I have created the world and its inhabitants so that they might know how dear you are to Me and how great your status is before Me. Were it not for you, O' Muhammad, I would not have created this world."

(Tanzeeh ash-Sharee`ah al-Marfoo`ah 'an al-Ahaadeeth ad-Da’eefah wal-Mawdoo`ah, Pp. 325)

"Allah created me from His light and He created Abu Bakr from my light."

(Ibid., Pp. 337)

If you compare these weak and fabricated ahaadeeth with what is narrated in the Gospel of Barnabas, you will realise that the one who inserted these descriptions into it was of the same type as the one whose mind was infested with these kind of false ahaadeeth.

There are also other things which are falsely attributed to the Messenger :saw:, which go against the truth that we know. For example, it says,
"Hell will tremble because of the presence of the Messenger, peace be upon him, and the Fire will cease to cause suffering for the duration of the Messenger of Allah's stay to see Hell."

This goes against the clear statement of the Qur'an:

[The torment] will not be lightened for them, and they will be plunged into destruction with deep regrets, sorrows and in despair therein.)

(Qur'an 43: 75)

This book also describes ‘Eesa (Jesus) as saying:

"I am not fit to untie the shoe laces of the Messenger of Allah."
Such a comment does not befit one of the Messengers of strong will. [cf. Qur'an 46:35]

Moreover, this book describes the Messenger :saw: in terms which imply disrespect. For example, it says that he will be like a crazy man, and it says that on the Day of Resurrection Allah will take away his memory.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Prophecies in other world scriptures

Mawlana `Abdul-Haqq Qadyaarti wrote a book in English entitled Mohammed in World Scriptures, in which he was able to compare and contrast the texts, based on his knowledge of Farsi (Persian), Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic and some European languages. He did not Iimit himself to the Torah and Gospel; he broadened his study to include the books of Persia, India and ancient Babylon. He was successful in some of his discoveries, and his work matches the best of similar studies on the same topic.

Mawlana `Abdul-Haqq states that the name of the Arab Messenger, Ahmad, appears in its Arabic form in the Samavida, one of the books of the Brahmins. It is narrated in the sixth and eighth chapters of the second part, where it says that,

"Ahmad received the law from his Lord and it is filled with wisdom, and light is derived from it as light is derived from the sun..."

The author believes that the Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in many places in the books of the Brahmins, described in a manner that refers to much praise and a far-reaching reputation. Among the descriptive names that he is given is Sushrava which is mentioned in the book Atharpha vida. He also examined the books of Zaraadasht

(Zoroaster/Zarathustra)which are widely known as the books of the Magians (Zoroastrians).

In the book of Zend Avesta he found a prophecy foretelling a Messenger who is described as a mercy to the worlds (soeshyant), who would be confronted by an enemy who is called, in ancient Persian, Angra Mainyu or the Father of Flame (Abu Lahab). He would call people to one God, to Whom there is none co-equal or comparable; He has no beginning and no end, no equal, no peer, no partner, no father, no mother, no wife, no child, no son, no dwelling, no body, no form, no colour, no scent.

These are some of the attributes with which Allah is described in Islam: the One, the Self-Sufficient Master, Who begets not nor was He begotten, to Whom there is none co-equal or comparable, Who has no wife and no child.

In addition to that he quotes prophecies from the books of the Zaraadasht (Zoroaster) which speak of the call to truth which will be brought by the promised Prophet. In these prophecies there is mention of the Arabian desert. He has translated some of them into English without altering anything:

"When the nation of Zaraadasht (Zoroaster) neglects its religion, it will become weakened and there will emerge a man in the land of the Arabs whose followers will conquer Persia and subjugate the arrogant Persians. After having worshipped fire in their temples, they will turn their faces towards the Ka`bah of Ibraaheem (Abraham) which will be cleansed of idols. On that day they, the followers of the Prophet who is a mercy to the worlds, will become the masters of Persia, Midyan, Toos and Balkh, which are places that are sacred to the Zaraadashtis (Zoroastrians) and the neighbouring people. Their Prophet will be eloquent and will speak of miracles."

(Mohammed in World Scriptures, Pp. 47, quoting from Matla` an-Noor by Prof. `Abbaas Mahmood al-`Aqqaad, 14-17).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
These prophecies were widely known before the Prophet came

These prophecies were widely known before the Prophet :saw: came. The People of the Book did not conceal them at that time, rather they propagated them and claimed that they would follow him when he came. The Muslims have preserved some of these prophecies for us. The Ansaar of Madeenah have transmitted some of the things that the Jews said about these prophecies before the coming of the Prophet. Some of the People of the Book recognized the Messenger :saw: when he was a child, and some of the People of the Book benefited from these prophecies and became believers.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Description of our Messenger salla-Allahu 'Alayhi wa-Sallam in the Torah

Bukhari narrated from `Ataa' ibn Yasaar that he said:

"I met Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn al-`Aas, and said,

'Tell me about the description of the Messenger of Allah in the Tawraat.'

He said,

`Certainly, by Allah, he is described in some of the same terms as he is described in the Qur'an:O' Prophet [Muhammad]! Verily, We have sent you as witness, and a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. (Qur'an 33: 45); a guide for the unlettered; you are My slave and Messenger. I have named you Al-Mutawakkil (the one who puts his trust in Allah), without being harsh or rough, not shouting in the market-place, and not repelling evil with evil, rather overlooking and forgiving. Allah will not take his soul until He has set right the crooked way of the people through him so that they may say, there is no god but Allah. Through him, He will open blind eyes, deaf ears and heedless minds."'

(Bukhari. Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 3/125).

Daarimi narrated something similar from `Ataa' ibn Salaam (Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 3/125) and from Ka’b, who was one of the scholars of the Jews who believed in the Prophet :saw:.

Ka`b said,

"We find written in the Tawraat: Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, My Chosen slave. He is not harsh or rough, and he does not shout in the market-places. He does not repay evil with evil, rather he overlooks and forgives. His place of birth will be Makkah and his place of migration will be Teebah (Madeenah). And his dominion will reach Syria. His ummah will be those who give praise, they will praise Allah in good times and bad, praising Allah in every place, glorifying Him in the high places. They will pay attention to the movements of the sun and will pray when the time for prayer comes. They will wear garments that reach their calves and they will wash their limbs (before prayer). Their proclaimer will proclaim in the open. Their rank in fighting and in prayer will be the same, and they will make an indistinct sound at night like the humming of bees."

(Ibid, 3/129)

At-Tabreezi said: this is the version narrated in Al-Masaabeeh; a slightly amended version is narrated by Daarimi.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Where is this prophecy in the Torah?

This prophecy is not to be found in the Torah that is extant nowadays among the Jews and Christians. If what we mean by Torah is that which is specifically known as Torah, then this prophecy is one the things that have been concealed by the Jews; they may be among the things that are hidden by them and are known only to their rabbis.

(It seems to us that until the time of the Messenger :saw: there existed copies of the Tawraat and Injeel that had not been distorted, because Allah says:

Let the people of the Injeel [Gospel] judge by what Allah has revealed therein.)

(Qur'aan 4: 47)

But how do they come to you for decision while they have the Tawraat [Torah], in which is the Decision of Allah. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][B](Qur'aan 5: 43)[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]O' people of the Scripture [Jews and Christians]! You have nothing [as regards guidance] till you act according to the Tawraat [Torah], the Injeel [Gospel], and what has [now] been sent down to you from your Lord [the
[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed]Qur'aan].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][B](Qur'aan 5: 68)[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]There were many distorted copies and some copies which had not been distorted, but the Jews used to conceal them. Perhaps some of these copies are still extant nowadays, concealed by some of the Jewish and Christian scholars.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]The author of Muhammad Nabi al-Islam (Pp. 46) says, quoting from the British Economist magazine that the first task required of the candidate for the position of Curia, i.e., the Central Administration of the Catholic church, is to swear a sacred vow to conceal everything that he comes to know or see, especially information concerning the treasures of the church and its income, in addition to the artistic treasures owned by the Vatican which are regarded as being among the most precious treasures in the world.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Undoubtedly the phrase "artistic treasures" includes the huge Vatican library with its store of books on Christian religion which, if they were made available for free academic research, would shed much light on the early, dark centuries of Christian history of which little is known.[/COLOR]
[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]But the word Tawraat (Torah) may refer to something other than the Tawraat of Prophet Moosa (Moses). It may refer to any book that was revealed from Allah, just as the word Qur'an may apply to any book which has been revealed from Allah, as in the hadith, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"The 'Qur'aan' was made easy for Prophet Dawood (David); between saddling his beast and mounting it he could recite the 'Qur'aan'." [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]What is referred to is his 'Qur'aan' i.e., the Zaboor (Psalms or Scripture of Dawood).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]In some prophecies concerning this ummah it says that, [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Their Gospel (Injeel) is in their hearts" [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]- i.e., the Qur'aan is described as a "Gospel". [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]On this basis, we may say that, this prophecy existed in the Book of Isaiah, where it said:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"My servant with whom I am pleased; I send down to him My revelation. He will cause My justice to prevail among the nations and will enjoin the commandments upon them. He will not laugh, his voice will not be heard in the market places. He will open blind eyes and deaf ears, and he will revive empty hearts.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]What I will give to him I will not give to anyone else. He will praise God very much; he will come from the farthest reaches of the earth. The earth and its inhabitants will rejoice; they will proclaim the oneness of God from every high place and they will glorify Him on every hill.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed] He will never be weak or defeated, and he will not be influenced by whims and desires. He will not humiliate the righteous who are weak; rather he will support the believers of truth. He will be the support of the humble. He is the light of God which will never be extinguished and the mark of his authority will be on his shoulders."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][B](Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh by Ibn Taymiyah, 3/281)[/B][/COLOR]

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The story of Ibn al-Haybaan

One of the stories that the books of Sunnah have narrated to us from the Jewish scholars before Islam tells us that a Jew called Ibn al-Haybaan, came to Madeenah and settled among the Jews of Bani Qurayzah, two years before Islam. The narrator of the story said:

"We have never seen a man who does not pray the five daily prayers was better than him. He settled amongst us and whenever we were faced with a drought we would say to him,

`Go out, 'O Ibn al-Haybaan, and pray for rain for us.'

He would say,

`No by Allah, not until you give charity before we go out.'

We would ask him,

'How much?'

He would say,

'A s'aa` of dates' or 'Two madd of barley.'

We would give that, then he would go out to the fields and pray for rain for us. By Allah, he would hardly leave that place when clouds would come and rain would fall. This happened more than once, more than two or three times.

Then he lay on his deathbed, and when he realised that he was dying, he said,

'O' Jews, what do you think brought me here from a land of plenty to a land of poverty and hunger?'

We said,

'Allah knows best.'

He said,

'I only came to this land expecting and hoping to see the emergence of a Prophet whose time has come. This is the land to which he will emigrate. I had hoped that Allah would send him so I could follow him. His time is near so do not let anyone beat you to following him, O' Jews, for he will be sent with the shedding of blood and capturing of women and children of those who oppose him. Nothing should prevent you (from following him).

Some of the Jewish youth of Bani Qurayzah benefitted from the advice of Ibn al-Haybaan, namely Thalabah ibn Sa`yah, Usayd ibn Sa`yah and Asad ibn `Ubayd.

When the Messenger :saw: besieged Bani Qurayzah, these young men said,

'O' Bani Qurayzah, by Allah, he is the Prophet about whom Ibn al-Haybaan told you.'

They said,

'No he isn't.'

They said,

'Yes he is, he has the attributes (of that Prophet).'

Then they went out and embraced Islam, thus saving their blood, wealth and property.”

(Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah, 1/310).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
When what they knew came to them, they disbelieved in it

Abu Na'eem narrated in Dalaa'il an-Nubuwwah with his isnad that Muhammad ibn Salamah said:

"There was only one Jew among Bani Abd al-Ashhal. His name was Yoosha'.

I heard him saying –

When I was a young boy wearing only a lower garment –

'The time is approaching when a Prophet will be sent from the direction of that house,'

- and he pointed towards the House of Allah (the Ka`bah).

'Whoever lives to meet him, let him believe in him.'

Then the Messenger of Allah was sent and we became Muslim whilst he (that Jew) was among us, but he did not become Muslim out of envy and hatred. "'

(Ibid, 2/309).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
`Abdullah ibn Salaam benefited from his knowledge

Abdullah ibn Salaam was the leader of the Jews and the most knowledgeable of them, the son of the leader of the Jews and the most knowledgeable of them.

He said:

"When I heard about the Messenger of Allah and I learned about his attributes, his name, his appearance and his time, which we were waiting for, I was in Quba', and I was keeping quiet about him. When the Messenger of Allah :saw: came to Madeenah, he stopped at Quba', among Bani 'Amr ibn `Awf. A man came and told us of his arrival. I was at the top of a date-palm tree of mine, working on it, and my maternal aunt Khaalidah bint al-Haarith was beneath me. When I heard the news that the Prophet :saw: had come, I said

‘Allaahu Akbar!'

When she heard me say Allaahu Akbar!', my aunt said,

'If you heard of Moosa ibn `Imraan [Prophet Moosa (Moses)] you would not have said more.'

I said to her,

'O' aunt, by Allah he is the brother of Moosa ibn 'Imraan, and he has been sent with the same religion and the same message.'

She said,

'O' son of my brother, is this the one who we have been told will be sent with the approach of the Hour?'

I said,

'Yes.'

She said,

`Then this is the one."'

(Ibn Ishaaq, As-Seerah (Al-Bidaayah, 3/211).

Bukhari narrated the story of how 'Abdullah ibn Salaam came to the Messenger :saw: and embraced Islam, and how he asked the Messenger :saw: to send for the Jews and ask them about him before they found out that he had become Muslim. When they came, the Messenger :saw: said,

"O' Jews, woe to you! Fear Allah, for by Allah, besides Whom there is no other god, you know that I am indeed the Messenger of Allah and that I have come to you with the truth, so become Muslim.'

They said,

'We do not know that.'

He said,

'What kind of man is 'Abdullah ibn Salaam among you?'

They said,

'He is our leader and the son of our leader, the most knowledgeable among us and the son of the most knowledgeable among us.'

He said,

'What do you think, if he became a Muslim?'

They said,

'Impossible! He would never become a Muslim.'

He said,

'O' Ibn Salaam, come out to them.'

So he came out and said,

'O' Jews, fear Allah besides Whom there is no other god, for you know that he is the Messenger of Allah and that he has come with the truth.'

They said,

`You are lying.'

So the Messenger of Allah :saw: asked them to leave."

(Al-Bidaayah, 3/211).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The testimony of a Jew boy

Anas ibn Maalik (radhiyAllaahu anh) narrated that there was a Jewish boy who used to serve the Prophet :saw:. He fell sick and the Messenger of Allah :saw: came to visit him, and found his father sitting by his head, reading the Tawraat (Torah). The Messenger of Allah :saw: said,

"O' Jew, I abjure you by Allah Who revealed the Tawraat to Moosa, do you find any description of me and any reference to my coming in the Tawraat?"

He said,

"No."

The child said,

"On the contrary, by Allah, O' Messenger of Allah, we find reference to your description and your coming in the Tawraat. I bear witness that there is no god except Allah and that you are the Messenger of Allah."

- This is narrated by Bayhaqi with a saheeh isnad.

(Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh, 3/287).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The insight of a monk

One of the monks recognised the Messenger when he was still young, when he travelled on business with his paternal uncle Abu Taalib to Syria. Abu Moosa narrated that Abu Taalib went to Syria, and the Prophet :saw: went with him, along with some of the elders of Quraysh. When they came near where the monk was, they dismounted and loosened their saddles. The monk came out to meet them. They had passed that way before and he had never come out to meet them. So they loosened their saddles, and the monk started to go about among them, until he came and took the hand of the Messenger of Allah :saw: and said,

"This is the leader of the worlds, this is the Messenger of the Lord of the Worlds. Allah will send him as a mercy to the worlds."

The elders of Quraysh said to him,

"How do you know?"

He said,

"When you came over the hill not a tree or a stone failed to bow in prostration, and they prostrate themselves only before a Prophet. I recognize him by the seal of prophecy, like an apple, below the end of his shoulder-blade."

He then went and prepared food for them, and when he brought it to them the Prophet :saw: was looking after the camels, so he told them to send for him. He came with a cloud above him shading him and when he came to the people he found they had gone before him into the shade of a tree. Then when he sat down the shade of the tree inclined over him, and the monk said,

"Look how the shade of the tree has inclined over him."

(This hadith is narrated by Tirmidhi who said, it is a hasan ghareeb hadith. See Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 3/187. Shaykh Naasiruddeen al-Albaani said in his commentary on the hadith in Al-Mishkaat: Its men are thiqaat and the hadith is saheeh as I have explained in an article published in Majallah at-Tamaddun al-Islami).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The Jewish scholars knew when the Prophet would emerge

When the time of the emergence of the Chosen Prophet :saw: drew nigh, the People of the Book knew of that from the signs that they knew. Abu Zar`ah narrated with a saheeh isnad from Usaamah ibn Zayd from his father Zayd ibn Haarithah that the Messenger :saw: met Zayd ibn `Amr ibn Nufayl before his mission.

"Among the things that Zayd told the Messenger :saw: was that he had travelled in search of the true religion, the religion of Tawheed, and a monk in Syria had told him,

'You are asking about a religion of which we know no one who worships Allah according to this religion except a shaykh in Arabia.'

He said:

'So I went out, and came to him (i.e., the shaykh in Arabia), and I told him why I had come out to him.'

He said,

'Everyone you see is following misguidance. Who do you belong to?'

I said,

'I am from the people of the House of Allah, the people of thorns and desert trees.'

He said,

'There has emerged in your land a Prophet, or he will emerge, for his star has appeared. So go back and believe in him, and follow him.' So I went back but I have not seen anything yet."

(Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh, 3/285).

Zayd was speaking to this Messenger :saw:, before he was sent. He did not know that the one who was speaking to him was the Messenger whose star had already appeared. Zayd died several years before the Prophet's mission began.

We have mentioned above the story of Ibn al-Haybaan, who left Syria and went to Madeenah. When he was dying he told the Jews:

"The only thing that brought me here was the expectation of a Prophet whose time has come, and this is the land to which he will migrate."

In Bukhari it is narrated that Heraclius used to observe the stars. He looked and said that the king of the circumcised has appeared.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
End.

As-salaamu'Alaykum,

This completes this small portion relating to the Prophet Muhammad :saw2: in previous scriptures (I found it a very interesting read). Insha'Allaah I will try to add some more related thread's in this section in the future although Alhamdu'lillaah there are other good thread's you can check.