Prophet Muhammad: Lost in Divine Love.

Abu Fauzi

As-Salaam alaikum,
Just as when a piece of iron when exposed and immersed in tremendous heat of fire annihilates its own identity and become lost in the color and quality of fire, similarly the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, lost his own self hood in the fire of Divine Love, and attained to his degree of Khilafat or ambassador and thus through him, the attributes of Allah Ta'ala are made manifest.

Thus his seeing, hearing, doing and speaking is/are that of the Divine's. That is why Allah says about the Prophet:--

"YOU DID NOT SLAY THEM, BUT ALLAH SLAYED THEM; AND IN NO WAY
DID YOU THROW WHEN YOU THREW, BUT ALLAH THREW." (18: 17)

"THE PROPHET DOESN'T SPEAK OUT OF HIS OWN VOLITION, HIS SPEECH
IS THE SPEECH OF ALLAH" (53:3)

Through the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, Allah's Beautiful Names and Attributes were fully manifested, that is why following the Prophet is made equivalent of following Allah, where the Qur'an declares:--

"HE WHO OBEYS THE MESSENGER HAS OBEYED ALLAH" (4:80)

And, also, by the bestowal of All Mighty Allah, the Prophet had within himself manifest the Divine Attributes which are supernatural from ordinary human standard.... for example, he said:--

"Allah has folded the entire earth in front of me. So I can simultaneously observe everything
from its east to its west." (Sahih Muslim) and

"Allah has placed his worldly manifestation is such a mysterious way in front of my eyes that
whatever will be created until the Day of Judgement, I can see them as if they are right on
top of my palm". (Tabrani)

From this, we deduce that from the subtlety of his haqiqat, space and time boundaries are made null and void.... everything is made present, simultaneously. Allah's mystical manifestation (Tajalli) to His Prophet was in his power of hearing and seeing. That is why he said: "I CAN SEE WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE, I CAN HEAR WHAT YOU CANNOT HEAR." (Ahmad and Tirmidhi)

Abu Juwairiya

I do not agree with the opinions expressed here. I recognise Hadiths are used to justify and strengthen the arguments, but the point made is Shirk.

The wordings suggest divine equality with Allah and that is impossible.

If however both the article and the author suggest personal gifts from Allah in the form of something else, and at the same time excludes any aspect of spiritual kingship and divine sovereignty, then I apologise for my error and misinterpretation.