Prophets Were Killed?

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum.

I was reading the Quran translation today, and I came across this:

[3:181] God has heard the utterances of those who said, "GOD is poor, while we are rich." We will record everything they said, just as we recorded their killing of the prophets unjustly, and we will say, "Suffer the retribution of Hell.

Does this^ mean that some of the prophets had been killed by the Jews or something? I'm confused! Because I always thought that none of the prophets had been killed...

Anyone got an explanation? I tend to get confused a lot. :/

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

Yes their were Prophets who had been killed and those who killed were destroyed.

I'll get back I cannot recollect at the moment.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu`alaykum

Yes their were Prophets who had been killed and those who killed were destroyed.

I'll get back I cannot recollect at the moment.

Walaykum assalam brother.

Jazakallahu khayr.

Why?

The ayah states the contrary and its not ambiguous in anyway. I don't see the source of your confusion.

Walaikum assalam sis.

I was thinking of a whoooole lot of stuff that didn't make sense, and I had been under the impression that none of the prophet were killed. My bad. And I was just curious to know which of the prophets were killed.

I can be really slow sometimes. :p

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

prophet yahya was one may Allah send his peace on him ,very touching story.
and one prophet who hid in a tree cant recollect dont know the name and he tree was chopped off .wallahhuaalam.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Prophets(pbuh) were not immortal lol, they were humans like us except God gave them each a message to give to their people. Sadly, some Prophets(pbuh) were rejected and killed.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Qu'ran.

:salam2:

The Prophet Yahyaa alaihisalam is Prophet Isa alaihisalam's uncle.
Was killed along with his father The Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam they were
killed by the Yahudi(Jews).

Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam taken care of
Saidatina Maryam Binti Imran since she was an infant send
for adoption by her father Imran for Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam to taken care of
and since Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam was childless at that time
along his status as a Prophet(pious man)
And Imran wished his baby girl to be a pious woman when she grew up .

Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam and Saidatina Maryam Binti Imran father's Imran: are brothers(sibling).
So Prophet Zakariah alaihisalam is Saidatina Maryam binti Imran's Uncle.

Thank you,
Take care,
~Wassalam. :)