Protesters burn US flag outside embassy in london

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Someone tell me the benefit/point in this:

Protesters outside the US embassy in London have set fire to a US flag during a minute's silence held to mark the moment when the first hijacked airliner hit the World Trade Centre in New York 10 years ago.

A number of radical Islamic groups including Muslims Against Crusades (MAC) gathered outside the embassy on the tenth anniversary of the attacks.

The group of around 100 men shouted "USA terrorists" and brandished anti-American placards.

Earlier a group of English Defence League protesters, who had gathered in response to the demonstration, were ordered to move on to accommodate the MAC supporters.

The 60-strong group of EDL supporters briefly scuffled with police as they were forced away from their original location to a different part of Grosvenor Square.

Several members of the Muslim groups made anti-American speeches following the flag burning.

One said: "You will always face suffering, you will always face humiliation, unless you withdraw your troops from Muslim lands."

Another declared that America had been "defeated in Iraq and defeated in Afghanistan".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/embassy-protesters-burn-us-flag-132118970.html

Perseveranze

Well brother, maybe it could be due to the thousands upon thousands of innocents that died post-9/11, in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, all thanks to the USA - the real terrorists.

Rebaz

Oh my ummah, why don't we face our sufferings with knowledge? Why don't we face them with patient and focus on ourselves before pointing on other people? Why don't we agree on this is a fate that Allah has decided for us to go through because of our bad deeds?

I agree with the brother that mentioned Usa's politic and how nasty they are, but burning a flag is not a good way to go, people will just look down on us, it's much better with an intelligence debate about this subject and give people knowledge about who the real terrorists are, it's sad non-muslims can do this work better than most of us, e.g Noam Chomsky.

I hope Allah forgives me if I've said something wrong.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

They are really foolish and ignorant. Unfortunately, the media has already lapped this all up, some with Headlines "Muslims protest outside American embassy".

What they are doing is totally wrong. 9/11 was a day thousands of innocent people were murdered. People should be respectful.

Well brother, maybe it could be due to the thousands upon thousands of innocents that died post-9/11, in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, all thanks to the USA - the real terrorists.

A lot of people died in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, but if people want to complain, they should do so in a much better, tasteful and Islamic manner! Right now they are just behaving like the ignorant thugs and criminals that they are. In fact, they are rejoicing at the death of people, and its disgusting.

It is important to have patience and to speak with the wisdom and good manners that Islam teaches us.

Wasalam

Rebaz

Assalamu alaykum,

They are really foolish and ignorant. Unfortunately, the media has already lapped this all up, some with Headlines "Muslims protest outside American embassy".

What they are doing is totally wrong. 9/11 was a day thousands of innocent people were murdered. People should be respectful.

A lot of people died in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, but if people want to complain, they should do so in a much better, tasteful and Islamic manner! Right now they are just behaving like the ignorant thugs and criminals that they are. In fact, they are rejoicing at the death of people, and its disgusting.

It is important to have patience and to speak with the wisdom and good manners that Islam teaches us.

Wasalam

Thanks for confirming my post, this is really bad for Islam when people behave like this :( The hate against us and the picture of the heartless muslims grows inside of the european people with sucha behaviours.

Valerie

I just hope, for one day, people can be peaceful. I don't care who they are or what they believe. Use their arms to hug their children, use their lips to tell their families they love them. A much better use of time. Just my opinion.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

Flag burning solves nothing.

Congratulations, you know how to set fire to cloth. Feel better about yourself now?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I agree with Mabsoots post.

On 9/11, lots of people died. Muslims included (even though a lot of people like to leave that out) It was a terrible event and has since changed American life for everyone here.

Although, Americans treat today like a shrine. Which is also kind of crazy. Yes people died, but there has been other attacks and deaths. Why is 9/11 so isolated? Why is the whole world supposed to stop spinning on this day?

So in my opinion: Dont burn flags, dont do anything that will be perceived as crazy because you're representing Muslims world wide in the Media's eye.

But dont treat this day like a shrine. Because people day everyday, and its a fact of life.

A lot of people see that as cold, but its merely practical. Lets use our time to try to make a difference in the things that are happening NOW. Do Da'wah NOW. Defend Palestine, Kashmir, and Chechnya NOW. Donate zakat and tell others about the poverty in Somalia and other nations NOW. Help out needy Muslim families in your community NOW.

We cannot live lamenting the past forever, whats done is done.

sabina isa

Assalamu alaykum,

Wasalam

As salam Aleykum

Media shouldn't guide our actions anymore. But in regards to this event I would quoate the ayah 35 of Surah Muhammed:

Be not weary and fainthearted, crying for peace, when you should uppermost: For Allah is with you and will never put you in loss for your good deeds.

I completely accept the action of our brothers as islamic, protecting the dignity of oppressed ummah, in every turn.

We salam

Rebaz

As salam Aleykum

Media shouldn't guide our actions anymore. But in regards to this event I would quoate the ayah 35 of Surah Muhammed:

Be not weary and fainthearted, crying for peace, when you should uppermost: For Allah is with you and will never put you in loss for your good deeds.

I completely accept the action of our brothers as islamic, protecting the dignity of oppressed ummah, in every turn.

We salam

The verse you quoted is in a state where the first generation of the muslims and Muhammed (pbuh) was in war with disbelievers that was FIGHTING them...and they didn't kill innocent, instead when Muhammed (pbuh) entered Mecca he told the people:

''What do you think I'll do with you''?

They replied, ''We expect the best of you''

And Muhammed (pbuh) replied: You're free to do as you wish.

Idris16

I would rather see nationalist Muslim flags in the fire! We don't want Hizbiyyah, `Asabiyyah, Secularism, or slogans like ''Allâh, al-Watan, Al-Malik''. The flag of Tawhîd that's what we want to raise.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
As salam Aleykum

We salam

Wa alaykum salam

Those "brothers" are part of extremist groups which not only make takfir, but condone and praise the killing of innocent civillians. They have dignity? living in the very same country, not working and accepting welfare money.

These people are the ones who make their own fatawa stated that they live in dar al harb, and thus it is acceptable for them to steal, kill and rape women.

Its unIslamic, as their beliefs and actions have nothing at all to do with the Quran and Sunnah!

They are the khawarij of our times, don't be fooled by their appearances.

Wasaslamu alaykum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I would rather see nationalist Muslim flags in the fire! We don't want Hizbiyyah, `Asabiyyah, Secularism, or slogans like ''Allâh, al-Watan, Al-Malik''. The flag of Tawhîd that's what we want to raise.

Assalamu alaykum,

I agree, but those changes are going to come about by da'wah. Burning things does not change people. I am not sure that most the people who chant those slogans actually believe in them.. lol

Idris16

Brother Mabsoot you should be very careful with saying things like:
These people are the ones who make their own fatawa stated that they live in dar al harb, and thus it is acceptable for them to steal, kill and rape women.

The al-Muhâjirôn as far as I know believe in Covenants and Security i.e that they are in security in Britain. Anjem himself said to CNN that he had security with Britain but that Muslims in Yemen, Sudan and other Muslim countries don't have security with Britain.

So it's wrong how you say they believe that it's ok to rape women and steal in Britain.

I agree, but those changes are going to come about by da'wah. Burning things does not change people. I am not sure that most the people who chant those slogans actually believe in them.. lol

EDIT: wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

Yes you are right, it comes with da'wah. But I have a question. Can we say: ''Make da'wah to Muslims''? Some say da'wah is only for non-Muslims and nasîha [advice] is for Muslims.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

Well Brothers and sisters ive seen this with my own 2 eyes
EDL have muslims in it and BNP they have muslims in it
:astag:
Muslims are trying to get of muslims
:astag:
I remember On a sunday BNP All over my mosque i had to get police out there they were banging doors throwing stuff writing on our walls saying Die Muslims
we had no choice to do nothing and let the police sort it out
But alhamdullilah those Racists Hypocryts have stopped now and the mosque is normal as usual

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Brother Mabsoot you should be very careful with saying things...
So it's wrong how you say they believe that it's ok to rape women and steal in Britain.

I am careful, it is true. I do not know under which name they pose, as it changes often, I am speaking generally about such people, such as Abdullah Faisal etc.

Ibn Uthaymin

Brother Mabsoot you should be very careful with saying things like:

The al-Muhâjirôn as far as I know believe in Covenants and Security i.e that they are in security in Britain. Anjem himself said to CNN that he had security with Britain but that Muslims in Yemen, Sudan and other Muslim countries don't have security with Britain.

I wanted to ask about that...people who take everything as ghanima..and Justify it because this is Darul harb...

What evidence do they use?

Shak78

I have to say for one they look like idiots for generalizing all Americans, protest against the American government, fine and dandy. However when you say American Terrorists you sound as if you are saying All Americans are terrorists which is not true. Like Just a Guy said, you can set fire to cloth, I so fear you now.

sabina isa

The verse you quoted is in a state where the first generation of the muslims and Muhammed (pbuh) was in war with disbelievers that was FIGHTING them...and they didn't kill innocent, instead when Muhammed (pbuh) entered Mecca he told the people:

''What do you think I'll do with you''?

They replied, ''We expect the best of you''

And Muhammed (pbuh) replied: You're free to do as you wish.

Situation is exactly the same disbelievers are FIGHTINGmuslim nations, for the ones that have eyes to see. Not a week aago a watched a video that a brother from London gave horrible number , that are result of a WAR more than A Fight. If it was that we were enetring the muslim lands in freedom and with all rights, or even living the reights of practising faith wherever we are as all other religions then the answer of Prophet s.a.w.s is in place. Do not refer to examples of peace in a case as such. No later than today our daily paper had in the first page "10 years later .... with a victorious American flag". That was not meant for peaceful state with muslims. I am not an hypocrite and I will not see war for peace...

sabina isa

Wa alaykum salam

Those "brothers" are part of extremist groups which not only make takfir, but condone and praise the killing of innocent civillians. They have dignity? living in the very same country, not working and accepting welfare money.

Its unIslamic, as their beliefs and actions have nothing at all to do with the Quran and Sunnah!

They are the khawarij of our times, don't be fooled by their appearances.

Wasaslamu alaykum

As salam alaykum,

Thank you for bringing out so many more details that I was unware of. In one of the details I agree with you. Islamicaly, you can not stay in a country, have an agreement with it (as is the case with most of us) and act violently , before using peaceful ways of reacting against these provocative actions of countries we reside in. Otherwise the best way is to act from your own country, or enter in the country without agreement and act if need be. But, action was the main part I did agree. Action more than word and dawah would help the dignity of our ummah. I would have been same happy if an organized peaceful protest had happened against that unfair flag speaking endlessly against our ummah.

We alaykum salam we rahmetullahu we barakatuhu